PDA

View Full Version : Reposting Exerpts.

Hazzardevil
2011-05-31, 07:47 AM
I was looking through my Tome of battle book and realised that it is difficult to actually view them quickly.
You can access all the maneuvers legally here. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20061225a)
Am I allowed to reproduce them on the forum so it's easier to view them?

Kobold-Bard
2011-05-31, 08:49 AM
From the bottom of the Desert Wind (and I assume the others) set:

This material is protected under the laws of the United States of America. Any reproduction of or unauthorized use of the material or artwork contained herein is prohibited without the express written permission of Wizards of the Coast, Inc.

So I'm going to guess probably not.

Thanks however for pointing these out. I'll be making use of them.

Edit: It is indeed on all of them, along with a specific mention that they aren't Open Game Content (and funnily a disclaimer that they're not based on real people or events). As always: I'm not a lawyer, but that looks like a pretty clear no.

Nerd-o-rama
2011-05-31, 09:48 AM
You can post excerpts from a copyrighted work for purposes of review or parody under Fair Use, but not really for use of them as they were intended as rules - that would be replicating the intent of the copyrighted work.

If I were you, I'd just link to where they're posted on the Wizards website like you did in this thread. If people can't be bothered to download small, free PDFs, well...

Roland St. Jude
2011-05-31, 09:00 PM
Sheriff: Agreed. No reposting content just to restate the material, especially not such large pieces of text.