PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder no magic Bard (E6)

Relecs
2011-05-31, 04:03 PM
Bard
Some magical knowledges are now secret or useless and not available to the Bard, spellcraft is not available to the bard, Use magic device is not available to the bard.
The bard now has medium armor proficiency
{table=head]Level|Base AttackBonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+0|
+2|
+2|Bardic knowledge, bardic performance, Warsong, Dance around the attack, Versatile Combatant, Bonus Feat

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+3|
+3|Versatile performance

3rd|
+2|
+1|
+3|
+3|

4th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+4|Bonus Feat

5th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+4|Lore Master 1/day

6th|
+4|
+2|
+5|
+5|Versatile performance[/table]

Warsong(ex): As long as the bard continues to perform(instrument or singing) he and all his allies receive a +1 to saves versus fear effect, a +1 to attack and Damage rolls, and a +1 to Ac this bonus increases by 1 at level 3 and every 2 levels thereafter (5, 7, 9, etc.)

Dance around the attack(ex): once per round a Bard hit by a melee attack may make a perform(dance) check with a DC equal to the attack roll. If the check is successful the Bard avoids the attack and takes no damage and may take a 5-foot step in any direction. If the Bard chooses to move into the attacking creatures square with this movement he must initiate a grapple or bull rush attempt(unless the creature is three or more size categories larger than the Bard). If the Bard chooses to move to a location adjacent to the attacker he may initiate a trip or disarm. The Bard receives a bonus to these combat maneuvers equal to the amount his performance exceeded the attack.

Versatile Combatant(ex): A Bard may raise his BAB to equal his level, gaina d6 of sneak attack damage for every two levels he possess. gain DR 1/- for every 4 Bard levels he Posses, or gain a flurry of blows attack (with any weapon the bard is proficient with) as a monk of equal level for a number of rounds per day equal to 4+Cha modifier. Gaining one of these effects is a free action. A Bard of 6th level or higher may gain 2 effects for the duration (3 at 12th, All 4 at 18th)

Bonus Feat: The bard receives a bonus feat at level 1 this feat can be anything for which the bard meets the prerequisites. The bard gains an additional feat at 4th level and every 3 levels thereafter (7, 10, 13, etc.)

So what I'm working on is a Bard for a very low magic pathfinder campaign I'm planning on running with the E6 conversion. any abilities which appeared on the core bard but do not appear here are not forgotten but have been removed. I may re implement inspire competence although if I did I think it would be an aspect of the bardic knowledge rather than a song as that seems too magical for the feeling of the campaign (as a song which makes you better at picking locks has to be magical)

I'm looking for advice from the playground, are the new abilities too much? not enough? or just right? All other advice on new abilities, skills, etc. are also welcome and appreciated.

Help me playground, you're my only hope.

Relecs