PDA

View Full Version : Where Would You Place...

pegase
2011-05-31, 09:25 PM
...The classes from Avatar d20 and the generic spellcaster (here (file:///C:/Users/Lowen/Desktop/Index/www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/genericClasses.htm#spellcaster)) in the tier list?

It'd be interesting to play as a bender, but I'm wondering if it's appropriate for an all tier 2-3 game. Also, epic generic spellcaster.

Cog
2011-05-31, 10:42 PM
(here (file:///C:/Users/Lowen/Desktop/Index/www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/genericClasses.htm#spellcaster))
You can't link to files off your own computer (unless you've set it up as a server). The generic caster can be found online here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/genericClasses.htm#spellcaster), though.

I'm not familiar with the Avatar system, so I can't comment there. As for the generic caster, I'd say Tier 1 - I suspect the ability to cherry-pick from the lists of the big three makes up for the Sorcerer-type spells known, and you've got the completely open bonus feats on top of that.

pegase
2011-05-31, 11:01 PM
(unless you've set it up as a server)

Haha, I forgot I used HTTRACK to locally mirror the site. I'm not too surprised that the generic caster is much better than the sorcerer, but it seems it still lacks the variety that makes the wizard tier 1.