PDA

View Full Version : Looking For a Prestige Class...

The Observer
2011-05-31, 09:42 PM
And I'm a Favored Soul.

Yeah, it's a little weird. I'm a level 9 Favored Soul - I mostly focus on healing/buffing in my group, (I didn't choose a cleric because...I don't know, I didn't want to choose a cleric I guess) and I'm looking to find a Prestige Class that would fit. However I'm having some difficulty, as most divine PrCs seem to require turning, and a lot of the others simply aren't very good.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Etrivar
2011-05-31, 09:47 PM
If you focus on buffing, go for War Weaver, from Heroes of Battle. It lets you buff way more efficiently.

It was designed for arcane casters, but with a little retooling it should do fine for a FS. You would only have to add a stipulation about not being able to heal through the Tapestry, because that would be absurd.

Doc Roc
2011-05-31, 09:48 PM
If you focus on buffing, go for War Weaver, from Heroes of Battle. It lets you buff way more efficiently.

It was designed for arcane casters, but with a little retooling it should do fine for a FS. You would only have to add a stipulation about not being able to heal through the Tapestry, because that would be absurd.

And by absurd you mean somewhat less terrible.

Turning can be acquired by dipping:
Knight of the Raven, I think.
Sacred Exorcist, I know.
Others, I seem to remember.

PrCs that I am very fond of:
Hexer, may be a bit hard to get into, but deeply hilarious.
Dweomerkeeper, great even if you aren't going to a game breaker.
War Weaver, either retooled or accessed through a trick.

holywhippet
2011-05-31, 10:19 PM
Divine oracle might be nice - it adds some useful tricks with each level. Catch is, being a favoured soul you don't enjoy the benefits of the oracle domain being made available to you.

Cog
2011-05-31, 10:20 PM
Knight of the Raven, I think.
KotR works just fine for Favored Souls, getting you turning at around (exactly?) the same ECL as Sacred Exorcist while jumping through fewer hoops.

Doc Roc
2011-05-31, 10:27 PM
KotR works just fine for Favored Souls, getting you turning at around (exactly?) the same ECL as Sacred Exorcist while jumping through fewer hoops.

I thought so. It's also probably in my top ten PrCs. Because AWWWWWYISSS (http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=125) obnoxious birds.

The Observer
2011-05-31, 11:13 PM
Thanks for the replies - I'll check out Warweaver and Knight of the Raven, though since we're playing Eberron I'm not sure KotR is going to fly with my DM.

Grim Reader
2011-06-01, 04:46 AM
Sand Shaper. If you can manage the entrance requirements, a racial spell-like normally helps. Costs you a BaB and a caster level, but gives delicious, delicious spells.

Darrin
2011-06-01, 06:16 AM
Yeah, it's a little weird. I'm a level 9 Favored Soul - I mostly focus on healing/buffing in my group, (I didn't choose a cleric because...I don't know, I didn't want to choose a cleric I guess) and I'm looking to find a Prestige Class that would fit.

I've always loved me some Windwalker (Faiths & Pantheons p. 212): Full BAB, 10/10 casting, air walk at will, fly 100' (good) as a capstone. It's FR-specific, though, requires you to worship Shaundakul. You might be able to talk the DM into reworking it as a Balinor-themed PrC. As a 9th level Favored Soul, though, I would imagine you're already worshiping a deity.