PDA

View Full Version : [3.5/PF]Help with Sorcerer

Longcat
2011-06-01, 06:50 AM
Hello all,
I'm going to play a sorcerer in our Pathfinder game, and I'd need some help with the spell list/feat selection. I'll be the primary arcanist in our group, in addition to an Abjurant Champion playing as a Gish. Therefore, I'd like to focus on the Buff/Debuff route, and less on blasting. Character starts at level 16.

Anyway, here's my Spell list thus far:
1: Identify(b), Mage Armor, Shield, Lesser Orb of Fire, Grease, Silent Image
2: Invisibility(b), Wings of Cover, Heart of Water, Glitterdust, Rope Trick, Mirror Image
3: Dispel Magic(b), Haste, Slow, Unluck, Stinking Cloud
4: Dimension Door(b), Ruin Delver’s Fortune, Wings of Flurry, Orb of Force, Improved Invisibility, Thunder Lance(b)
5: Overland Flight(b), Arcane Thesis, Telekinesis, Shadow Evocation, Baleful Polymorph
6: True Seeing(b), Acid Fog, Greater Heroism, Energy Immunity, Greater Resistance(b)
7: Greater Teleport(b), Greater Shadow Conjuration, Plane Shift
8: Power Word: Stun(b), Greater Shadow Evocation

(b) is for bonus spells from the Arcane bloodline.

Feats:
1: Eschew Materials(B), Heighten Spell
3: Craft Wondrous Item
5: Silent Spell
7: Improved Familiar, Spell Focus(Illusion)(B)
9: Greater Spell Focus(Illusion)
13: Quicken Spell, Still Spell(B)
15: Empower Spell

What do you guys think? Improved Familiar is mostly for RP reasons, since I want a Faery Dragon.

mootoall
2011-06-01, 07:29 AM
Hmm, for the buff/transmuter route I would take the Protean bloodline, actually. It also has some nice bonus feats for this, including some Combat Maneuver ones. That should give you a slightly better base.

subject42
2011-06-01, 07:41 AM
If you're a human, consider looking at the favored class bonus that sorcerers get in the APG. Extra spells always come in handy for a sorcerer.

What are your stats? If you can afford a will save penalty, Ultimate Magic has the crossblooded concept, which will grant you some useful bloodline abilities. You also lose spells known, but the aforementioned favored class bonus can help mitigate that. One of new blooodlines grants you an ability that offers extra buffs on top of your buffs, drawn off a random chart.

Corlindale
2011-06-01, 07:45 AM
If you want to focus on buff/debuff rather than blasting, Persistent Spell (The Pathfinder version) might serve you better than Empower spell - it's arguably one of the best metamagic feats in pathfinder, and blasting is probably going to be somewhat suboptimal at the level you're at in any case.

EDIT: You may also want to look at the Spell Perfection (PF) feat for your favourite spell, ideally an offensive illusion spell given your other feat choices - that one has a ton of neat applications.