PDA

View Full Version : First time poster...with fanart of sorts?

Xandyr78
2011-06-01, 07:00 AM
Hi, all...I'm brand-new here.

Worked up a fanart (of sorts) for OotS...figured I'd show the group.

It's not exactly Rich's style, though...

Thoughts/feedback is appreciated.

Fullview available here: http://xandyr78.deviantart.com/#/d3hrh32

Asthix
2011-06-01, 01:06 PM
I like it. Belkar needs hair on his feet though and something about Haley is... Hmm, I'm just not getting a Haley vibe.

Also I think Belkar should be smiling. With teeth. Maybe it's just me.

Kaytara
2011-06-01, 01:51 PM
Like I said on DA, smashing job, good to have you among us. :D I'd like to veto the previous poster's words. Belkar's smirk in this one looks just fine. :smallamused: He reminds me of Shrek's Rumpelstilskin, in a good way. :D Haley needs some lighter and more ginger hair, though.

Asta Kask
2011-06-01, 01:54 PM
I think Varsuuvius is too masculine. In that picture, there's no way s/he could be female. I think it's the jawline. Something about the face.

ETA: Sterling work otherwise.

KillItWithFire
2011-06-01, 01:58 PM
0_0 That is incredible! How did you make that?

Otherworld Odd
2011-06-01, 02:46 PM
I just have to echo on the skin complexions. Durkon looks too white as well as what's been said but otherwise nice work.

Xandyr78
2011-06-01, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the feedback, y'all. I'll work on getting the kinks out when I can find the time!

Glad you both liked it, and weren't afraid to help me better it!

--Xan

ETA: @KillItWithFire: I use a program called DAZ|Studio, then postwork with Photoshop. I'm a hobbyist, mostly, as my art skills have faded over time.

Otherworld Odd
2011-06-01, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the feedback, y'all. I'll work on getting the kinks out when I can find the time!

Glad you both liked it, and weren't afraid to help me better it!

--Xan

ETA: @KillItWithFire: I use a program called DAZ|Studio, then postwork with Photoshop. I'm a hobbyist, mostly, as my art skills have faded over time.

Oh, that looks like a pretty fun program. I was under the impression that you modelled and textured everything yourself (that would have been nuts). I was about to go commit seppuku with a butter knife. x_x

Xandyr78
2011-06-01, 10:24 PM
I do some of my own texturing, yes. Belkar's outfit is actually edited by me. I know some may not consider it as impressive as making everything myself, but if someone else has done the work, I see no point in rehashing something that's already been done.

Skavensrule
2011-06-01, 10:37 PM
Very impressive, I agree with Asta Kask about V looking too masculine but otherwise it looks amazing to me. Any chance of getting a higher res version to use as a wallpaper for my computer?

edit: Nevermind, I just noticed the "Download" link on DA, the image is plenty big enough for a decent resolution desktop even for a 22" screen. Again, beautiful work, I like your other images as well.

Haruki-kun
2011-06-01, 11:14 PM
That looks very good! Congrats!

Otherworld Odd
2011-06-02, 04:08 PM
I do some of my own texturing, yes. Belkar's outfit is actually edited by me. I know some may not consider it as impressive as making everything myself, but if someone else has done the work, I see no point in rehashing something that's already been done.

Oh, I wasn't saying it wasn't impressive or anything, don't get me wrong. It is, very much so.

Ninjaman
2011-06-03, 11:32 AM
Haleys armor looks wrong to me, i think it is the shoulder.

EDIT: V reminds me of the guy from tron: legacy

Flame of Anor
2011-06-05, 02:26 AM
First impression: "Their heads...so small..."

Anyway, it really is good. The only quibbles I have are: (1) Haley's hair should be orange-red, not blood-red, (2) Elan's hair maybe should be a bit yellower, (3) Vaarsuvius's robe is awesome, but it almost totally blends into the background.

Icewalker
2011-06-05, 02:31 AM
That is AWESOME. This is incredibly well done. I am impressed. The designs of them and their equipment are all pretty much fantastic.

I'd agree that Haley's hair probably should be lighter. And Durkon looks a little off to me in general. But damn. Elan and Belkar especially are perfect, I think.

Cizak
2011-06-05, 04:45 PM
Very nice. I love how you made it so that you still can't decide V's gender :smallbiggrin: