PDA

View Full Version : Rumor has it that...

Metahuman1
2011-06-01, 10:08 AM
GOOOOD MORNING PLAYGROUND!

I've heard of a feat of some kind that let's you use Int in place of Con for your HP every level, and I think for your fort save. Does it exists and were is it from?

Also, does it work with the steadfast determination feat form PHB II too let you use your Int to fuel your will saves, if it does affect your fort save?

The reason I want this is I'm trying too build a character using a homebrew monk fix, and I've got it worked out that if I take this feat along with Steadfast Determination and Kung Fu Genius, I Can get it so that The only stats I need are Int and Dex, leaving 4 stats that can be dumped. Thus making a freaking effective in play Monk.

Thank you for your help.

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-06-01, 10:15 AM
GOOOOD MORNING PLAYGROUND!

I've heard of a feat of some kind that let's you use Int in place of Con for your HP every level, and I think for your fort save. Does it exists and were is it from?

Also, does it work with the steadfast determination feat form PHB II too let you use your Int to fuel your will saves, if it does affect your fort save?

The reason I want this is I'm trying too build a character using a homebrew monk fix, and I've got it worked out that if I take this feat along with Steadfast Determination and Kung Fu Genius, I Can get it so that The only stats I need are Int and Dex, leaving 4 stats that can be dumped. Thus making a freaking effective in play Monk.

Thank you for your help.

I think the feat you've got in mind if Faerie Mystic Initiate, or something like that. It's from Dragon Magazine, but I can't recall what issue. Your character meditates for a bit and adds their Int Mod to HP as if it were their Con Mod, though I'm not certain it actually replaces Con.

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work with other feats that utilize Int in place of other stats. There is a feat that adds your Int to Fort, but I cannot recall what it is. I do not believe Faerie Mystic Initiate does that.

Killer Angel
2011-06-01, 10:21 AM
Probably, You'll find interesting this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125732)... :smallsmile:

Edit: yes, it appears that Faerie Mysteries Init. is your best (and only) bet.

Metahuman1
2011-06-01, 10:50 AM
Yes, That is the ability I was looking for. And the stat too ability swap out list is gonna come in real handy.

Thanks. =)n

Amnestic
2011-06-01, 10:55 AM
There are some restriction on Faerie Mysteries Initiate in that someone else needs to also have the feat and to get that effect (the feat offers more than one, but you can only utilise one at a time). you need to utilise the ritual of 'Passion'. Yes, really. Try to make sure your partner is pretty, aye?

Metahuman1
2011-06-01, 11:04 AM
Ok, would it work too take the feat, not use it till sixth lvl, and make a Cohort character using Leadership too do the ritual and be my companion?

Further, when I do the HP swap, would it also swap out Con to Fort for Int too Fort?

On a side note for this character, does anyone know a way to get a skill of your choice added too your class skills list?

Greenish
2011-06-01, 11:07 AM
Ok, would it work too take the feat, not use it till sixth lvl, and make a Cohort character using Leadership too do the ritual and be my companion?It'd work, though finding someone with the feat from whatever that region was where it's the regional feat and just getting it on might be simpler, DM's permission pending. (You only have to do the ritual once.)

Further, when I do the HP swap, would it also swap out Con to Fort for Int too Fort?No.

On a side note for this character, does anyone know a way to get a skill of your choice added too your class skills list?Depends on the skill. Human paragon is pretty nifty, say.

Amnestic
2011-06-01, 11:09 AM
Ok, would it work too take the feat, not use it till sixth lvl, and make a Cohort character using Leadership too do the ritual and be my companion?

Further, when I do the HP swap, would it also swap out Con to Fort for Int too Fort?

On a side note for this character, does anyone know a way to get a skill of your choice added too your class skills list?

1) There is no restriction on who can have the feat (other PC, NPC, Cohort, whatever), so yes, you could have your cohort use it. Again, make sure s/he's pretty, as it's an "exuberant sensual act."

2) No. The feat explicitly says that you use your intelligence modifier instead of constitution to determine hit points. Sadly, you'll need to find another way to move that around.

3) There are a few ways. I'm pretty sure there's a feat to do so (PHB2, I think?). Human Paragon can get you a skill permanently added to your class skill list. Dipping Factotum and taking Able Learner feat (Human/Changeling, 1st level only) will give you every skill as a class skill forever. I'm sure there are more ways.

Metahuman1
2011-06-01, 11:48 AM
Ok, didn't see anything in PHB II about the skill sadly. What book is Able Learner in again?

Also, the game this character is in is starting at 4th lvl. If I have faerie Mysteries Initiate as a 1st lvl feat, would it be ok too just write a paragraph or two detailing a why and how I would undertake that ritual and take the bonus I want, in this case Int mod to HP in place of Con mod?

And thank you all for all this help, it's going to go a long way toward making the character come out the way I want too. =)

hangedman1984
2011-06-01, 11:52 AM
There are some restriction on Faerie Mysteries Initiate in that someone else needs to also have the feat and to get that effect (the feat offers more than one, but you can only utilise one at a time). you need to utilise the ritual of 'Passion'. Yes, really. Try to make sure your partner is pretty, aye?

alternatively you can take the feat at first lvl and say you got it on with a fellow faerie initiate pregame

Amnestic
2011-06-01, 11:58 AM
What book is Able Learner in again?

Also, the game this character is in is starting at 4th lvl. If I have faerie Mysteries Initiate as a 1st lvl feat, would it be ok too just write a paragraph or two detailing a why and how I would undertake that ritual and take the bonus I want, in this case Int mod to HP in place of Con mod?

And thank you all for all this help, it's going to go a long way toward making the character come out the way I want too. =)

Able Learner is in Races of Destiny.

As for having the ritual be part of your backstory...I'd be okay with it, but you should make sure to ask your DM to make sure.

Greenish
2011-06-01, 12:21 PM
I'm pretty sure there's a feat to do so (PHB2, I think?).You may be thinking about Apprentice feats in DMGII, or perhaps Skill Knowledge from UA (which is technically a part of an alternative skill rules).

There are many feats for getting specific skills as class skills, but fewer of the ones that allow you to pick them yourself.

Amnestic
2011-06-01, 12:40 PM
You may be thinking about Apprentice feats in DMGII

That was it. Whoops. :smallredface:

Elric VIII
2011-06-01, 01:01 PM
alternatively you can take the feat at first lvl and say you got it on with a fellow faerie initiate pregame

I did this with a gish using a backstory similar to the Odysseus and Calypso scenario. It's not entirely unreasonable to put it in your backstory.

Also, AFAIK it's a regional feat, so you would have to take it at 1st level.