PDA

View Full Version : What's a Good Race for a Cleric/Bard?

Ellen K
2011-06-01, 12:22 PM
Hullo,

I'm just starting on a new healer for our party, but to make it more interesting I've decided to have her multiclass a little as a bard. What would be a good race for her to be? I'm not too worried about her build being perfect, it's all just in the spirit of good fun. :smallbiggrin:

Tokuhara
2011-06-01, 12:25 PM
Hullo,

I'm just starting on a new healer for our party, but to make it more interesting I've decided to have her multiclass a little as a bard. What would be a good race for her to be? I'm not too worried about her build being perfect, it's all just in the spirit of good fun. :smallbiggrin:

Magic-Blooded Lesser Aasimar? Maybe grab Dynamic Priest and Force of Personality? Run on Charisma

Ellen K
2011-06-01, 12:30 PM
Huh.... That is interesting, somehow I'd never heard of aasimars before. Very cool.

Tokuhara
2011-06-01, 12:36 PM
Huh.... That is interesting, somehow I'd never heard of aasimars before. Very cool.

Children of Half-Celestials and Humans. Very cool race. Magic blooded gives +2 Cha -2 Wis, plus a few SLAs

Amnestic
2011-06-01, 12:48 PM
The Lesser variety of Aasimar can be located in the Player's Guide to Faerun. In short, it knocks off the LA and turns them into Humanoid (Planetouched) as opposed to their normal Outsider (Native). Pretty damn good trade most of the time.

Humans are almost always a good choice; that extra feat can be invaluable.

Yuki Akuma
2011-06-01, 12:49 PM
Azurin. Take tne Incarnum domain. Rock the colour blue.

Psyren
2011-06-01, 05:09 PM
3.5 or Pathfinder? The latter boosts your choices considerably.

Jeebers
2011-07-02, 10:07 PM
Probably anything that grants a Charisma bonus. I can think of lots of races (one has already suggested aasimar). Pathfinder suggests Gnomes as they grant bonuses to Charisma. There's also a 1 level penalty race in the old 3.0/3.5 Dragons book called Draconic that you can slap on a human or something.

However, remember that Bards can only wear light armor and cast spells unless they be in Pathfinder and invest feats in armor. That means all the decent Heavy armor is right out.

Coidzor
2011-07-03, 12:15 AM
Look into the feat that lets cleric levels progress bardic music/inspire courage if at all possible if you do this. And requiem if you're of sufficient alignment depth. :smallwink:

begooler
2011-07-03, 12:51 AM
Human is probably best because feats. Illumian is good because they are excellent for multiclassing. Lesser Aasimar is good for the stat bonuses and fits the flavor. I've am partial to gnome bards, just because.

For 3.5, I've always been disappointed by the options for combining bard/cleric. I was disappointed enough one day that I cooked up this prestige class (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193434), if you're interested.