PDA

View Full Version : When life gives you lemons, burn Life's house down, with the lemons! (3.5, Spell)

Chess435
2011-06-01, 03:45 PM
Combustible Lemons!
Evocation (Acid, Fire)
Sor/Wiz 2, Cleric 2
Components: V,S,M (a lemon)
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close
Target: One creature
Save: Fortitude Partial
SR: No

Filling a lemon with your hatred, you launch it at your target. Oh yeah, it's on fire too. :smallbiggrin: A ranged touch attack is required to hit your foe, and a successful hit deals 1d8+1/2 caster levels each in acid and fire damage as the lemon explodes. Everything else in a 10 foot radius takes 1 point each of acid and fire damage as well. A target struck by a combustible lemon must also make a Fortitude save or be blinded for 1 round as the juice gets in their eyes. If you land a critical hit with the lemon, the blinding effect is instead instantaneous and lasts until cured, provided they fail their save.

So, what do you think? Does this appropriately channel Cave Johnson's fury? :smallbiggrin:

Seerow
2011-06-01, 03:52 PM
For something that's supposed to burn life's house down, it seems to do most of its damage to a single target.

Chess435
2011-06-01, 03:57 PM
I'll write up a 9th level version in order to achieve just that. :smallwink:

Seerow
2011-06-01, 04:06 PM
I'll write up a 9th level version in order to achieve just that. :smallwink:

Good point, you need your engineers to develop it, that takes time. This is clearly just a prototype.

Are we also going to get "Summon Mantis Man Army", or "Blood to Gasoline Ray"?

Chess435
2011-06-01, 04:10 PM
I'll see what I can do. :smallwink:

wiimanclassic
2011-06-01, 05:38 PM
Good point, you need your engineers to develop it, that takes time. This is clearly just a prototype.

Are we also going to get "Summon Mantis Man Army", or "Blood to Gasoline Ray"?

Hm. Would they explode after that second one if you hit a cut on them with something fire based?