PDA

View Full Version : Build help - Tumble, tumble, tumble... THUMP!

Dusto
2011-06-01, 03:54 PM
Hey everyone, looking for some help or input on a character idea. I got this idea after seeing a Barbarian 1/Scout x build, where the character would tumble around with his increased movement and continually get skirmish damage. Combined with the rage and other factors, it seemed like a solid character for dishing out good damage without needing tons of equipment.

So what I am looking at is a similiar build, but expanding it out to include a ToB class or 3. Mainly the character is melee(with or without reach is fine) and have some tricks up his sleeve. I'm not set on any particular classes, though I really enjoy the stances and manuevers of ToB characters, and I'd like some decent skirmish damage from Scout. Also, I would like to be effective against undead, constucts, etc... as we fight a good amount of them.

Build is 30 pts, all hard-cover 3.5 books allowed, no flaws, no starting magic items and prefer human(though some other races are looking interesting like whisper gnome).

If anyone has some build ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks in advance!

Essence_of_War
2011-06-01, 04:45 PM
I would start here:
Swift Hunter Handbook (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872750/The_Swift_Hunters_Handbook_--_2007)

Thurbane
2011-06-01, 05:50 PM
I'm going to give my standard "mobile warrior" advice. If you can afford a 3 or 4 level dip, go Binder. Paimon is an amazing vestige for any mobility based character - Dance of Death (attack every opponent you pass in a move action, 1/5 rounds), +4 untyped bonus to DEX, Whirlwind Attack, Uncanny Dodge, bonuses to tumble etc.

You'll need 3 levels of Binder + the Improved Binding feat. If you go 4 levels of Binder, you can get IB as a bonus feat.