PDA

View Full Version : Revisiting Scythe Warriors for Pathfinder RPG

Whosthere
2011-06-01, 05:16 PM
Looking to build a lvl 14 character for a game, and i want to hear your guy's input. My DM is allowing AEG(Feats), Rokugan, Pathfinder, 3.5 and 3.0 D&D.
I am looking for the highest melee output possible with a scythe.*note not looking to go paladin, i would prefer a straight fighter to gain access to tons of feats to help this build*

nyarlathotep
2011-06-01, 05:43 PM
First start as either a mobile fighter (for attacks with movement) or a two-handed fighter variant(for pure damage).

Now I will be assuming for now that Disciple of Dispater is banned or at least that vile will clash with the rest of the party.

Instead I would suggest weapon master from Oriental Adventures for the ability to increase your critical multiplier to x5 and max your damage roll automatically, and expand your critical range in a way that stacks with improved critical. Sadly weapon master takes a stupidly large number of feats to enter.

Whosthere
2011-06-02, 01:45 PM
i was looking into doing the 2handed fighter, AEG Feats, has 2 hand power strike(instead of str and 1/2 you get 2x str with 2 handed weapons) the AEG mercenaries book has 2 things you can do to your slashing weapons that are like masterwork, just a goldpiece cost on the weapon or craft, called serrated(+1 crit multiplier and +1 damage) and laminated steel(+1 base crit range). If evil is allowed the disciple of dispater might be a good dip for the extra trippling of the range, but my main focus is to find a way to get the multiplier up. using a scythe from ebberon campaign setting(19-20<x4>) and using AEG feats "Elite Weapons Master" adds another 1, serrated gets another 1, AEG"improved armor pen."(if they are wearing ANY armor or natural armor of +5 or more) adds a third, assassin(+1 threat range), and master assassin(+1 threat range and auto confirm crits) bringing my total with improved crit down to....11-20(x7) auto confirming, without the disciple of dispater. with...it would be<-4>-20(x7) if im trippling it right. the 3 from feats and laminated are before improved crit or after?