PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Efreeti Mage-slayer Build

Thurbane
2011-06-01, 09:37 PM
Hey all,

Just wondering, how would you build an NPC Efreeti designed specifically to hunt down and slay Wizards and other casters?

My first thought is Efreeti Outsider 10/Warrior 4/Occult Slayer 5/Witch Slayer 5...but I'm sure there are much more effecient builds.

Also, what feats and gear would you equip him with?

This is kind of a "just for fun" build that probably won't see action in my game, so cheese is fine...I'm shooting for around CR20 or so.

Cheers - T

Hirax
2011-06-01, 09:46 PM
1 level of witch hunter from OA gets you cha mod to saves and detect evil at will.

Ah, here it is (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198747). These are some things to boost the witch slayer's disjunction ability.

*.*.*.*
2011-06-01, 09:47 PM
My first thought is Efreeti Outsider 10/Warrior 4/Occult Slayer 5/Witch Slayer 5...but I'm sure there are much more effecient builds.

Cheers - T

Assuming you want NO casting

Outsider 10/Paladin of tyranny2/Hexblade(using that suggested fix by the maker)4/Witch Hunter 1(OA)/Warblade 5

Not that great, but you will positively NEVER fail a save. Be sure to pick up mage slayer feat line and a ring of evasion. Could also use some tripping antics, but that's super easy.

Edit- Just looked at Witch Hunter, so replace that level with something or just grab another level of warblade.

Urpriest
2011-06-01, 09:55 PM
I'd be more interested in finding a way to leverage the guy's Wishes. Get some sort of portable minion (a homunculus, say) to wish for things for you. Get more out of the Wishes somehow...Quicken/etc. SLA for starters.

faceroll
2011-06-01, 09:57 PM
Iron Heart is fairly necessary for such a build. You're also going to want to get multiple stats to your touch AC, so you have to force the casters to burn their swift actions to reliably hit you. Other than BY CROM!, Wall of Blades lets you parry touch attacks.

Potions of Scintillating Scales is a cheap way to get +6 to deflection; more with an amulet of natural armor.

I'd be more interested in finding a way to leverage the guy's Wishes. Get some sort of portable minion (a homunculus, say) to wish for things for you. Get more out of the Wishes somehow...Quicken/etc. SLA for starters.

Hexblades get familiars, don't they?

NNescio
2011-06-01, 09:59 PM
Iron Heart is fairly necessary for such a build. You're also going to want to get multiple stats to your touch AC, so you have to force the casters to burn their swift actions to reliably hit you. Other than BY CROM!, Wall of Blades lets you parry touch attacks. ...

Pity you don't get to chop off the hand of the offending caster.

Essence_of_War
2011-06-02, 09:15 AM
Do you have a total number of character levels restrictions?

Namely, since the Efreeti already has 10 HD will you be limiting build to 10 class levels? Or is this flexible?

NecroRick
2011-06-02, 09:55 AM
use one of the prestige classes that bounces peoples spells right back at them

Thurbane
2011-06-02, 05:14 PM
Do you have a total number of character levels restrictions?

Namely, since the Efreeti already has 10 HD will you be limiting build to 10 class levels? Or is this flexible?
It can go beyond 20 total HD, so long as CR is around 20 or so.