PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Building a Magus

maysarahs
2011-06-01, 10:18 PM
Hey all, I'm thinking of building a magus for a friends game, because well I absolutely love wizards, but want to give melee a try for once. Unfortunately my op-fu is very basic, so I come to the collective giants for help.

My scores (rolled) are 18,11,17,18,9,12 my thoughts were either Tiefling or Elf, and from there I'm not sure where to go. The only ideas I have for the character are that I want to take inspiration from the "I am not left handed" thread posted here earlier, and try to pass as a melee fighter for at least the lower levels(I'd roleplay it to the rest of the group as well for as long as possible). Other than that, I intend on kinda filling a mixture between wizardly control (with the staples of glitterdust/grease/color spray and such) (mostly in later levels) and becoming an absolute monster in melee (with enlarge person and other buffs)

I am thinking of carrying around a guisarme to 2 hand (and pretend I am a fighter) during the early levels (for the reach) and then another 1 handed weapon to pull out when I need to spell combat

As for sources, our DM said "create a level 1 character from any d20 sourcebook" so... I guess thats pretty open ended...

Any help, friend optimizers? Thank you so much, I'm no good at hitting things