PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Spell Sources

RaggedAngel
2011-06-02, 01:56 PM
I'm about to start a new campaign in which I'm playing an Archivist. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=297903) However, the DM does not have Spell Compendium, and wants to have a written copy of any spell I cast.

This is very reasonable, but some of the spells that I could only find in the SC are either very handy or fill the roles of several other utility spells; unfortunately, I couldn't find them in either Complete Divine or Complete Champion.

Does anyone have the original source for any of these spells?

1- Sign, Spell Compendium pg. 189
2- Updraft, Spell Compendium pg. 228
3- Moonbolt, Spell Compendium pg. 143
4- Panacea, Spell Compendium pg. 152

The big one there is Panacea, as it covers pretty much any condition that a Heal removes as a 4th level spell, and saves my Archivist a bunch of wasted spell slots.

Thanks!

Cyrion
2011-06-02, 01:59 PM
If you have a copy of the SC, can't you just share it with him, get his pre-approval on spells you think you're going to cast, and then copy them out for him?

Cog
2011-06-02, 02:01 PM
Without checking to see if these are the same spells in terms of benefit...

Sign and Panacea: Miniatures Handbook.
Updraft: Dragon 314.

My source (http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndLive/SearchList.php) didn't have the origin for Moon Bolt or Moonbolt. Note that SpC really changed some spells heavily, so you might not like what you find...

RaggedAngel
2011-06-02, 02:07 PM
If you have a copy of the SC, can't you just share it with him, get his pre-approval on spells you think you're going to cast, and then copy them out for him?

It's an online game (on OotS, actually) and my book is a pdf; sharing files is illegal, sadly. That, and I don't have a way to share files with him. :smallwink:

Without checking to see if these are the same spells in terms of benefit...

Sign and Panacea: Miniatures Handbook.
Updraft: Dragon 314.

My source didn't have the origin for Moon Bolt or Moonbolt. Note that SpC really changed some spells heavily, so you might not like what you find...

I'll have to check to see if those are similar, but I think Updraft may have been a 3rd level spell in the Dragon Mag, which Spell Compendium rightly lowered to 1st. Ah, well, I'll just have to find another spell to fill that slot. Thank you.