PDA

View Full Version : Wyrmlord Koth and Companion Minotaur

Dusk Eclipse
2011-06-03, 10:38 AM
Ok here is a preliminary build for Koth, made for running RHoD "Hard Mode"

There are some Houserules in play that specifically concern sorcerers

Feats are gained at level 1 and even levels
Sorcerers get new spell levels at the same levels Wizards get them (3,5,7,9,11,13,15,17)
Get one more spell known than the ones in the table.
Sorcerers get eschew materials as a bonus feat for free and every 5 levels they get the Ecletic Learning class feature from the warmage; but they can select from any spell list (not including weird stuff like trapsmith and the like)

Wyrmlord Koth
Male Bugbear sorcerer 7
LE Medium Humanoid (Goblinoid)
Initiative: +7 Senses : Darkvision 60 ft. Perception +4
Languages: Common Draconic Goblin, Infernal
AC: 15 Touch 12 FF 13
HP 75 (10 HD)
Fort +6 Ref +7 Will +6
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee: + 6 mwk morningstar ( 1d8+1)
BAB: +5 Grp: +6
Spells Known (Per Day)
4rd 2 (3+1) Greater Mirror Image (PH II) Heart of Stone (CM)
3rd 3 +1 (5 +1/Day) Dispel Magic, Slow (DC 17) Many Jaws (DC 17) Fireball (10d6 DC 17)
2nd 4+1 [+2] (6 +1/day) Scorching Ray Invisibility Wings of Cover Cloud of Knives Vision of Glory [Eclectic Learning SC]
1st 6 (6+1/day) Grease, Shield, Ray of Enfeeblement (1d6+4) Mage Armor, Power Word: Pain Bening Transposition
0 9 (6/day) Message, Prestidigitation, Acid Splash, Launch Bolt, Caltrops, Ghost Sound, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Arcane Mark
Combat Gear: Wand of Magic missile (3 missiles 1d4+1 15 charges), potion of fly, 2 potions of cure moderate wounds (2d8+5)
Sorcerer Spell Known
Abilities: Str 12 Dex 14 Con 16 Int 10, Wis 8 Cha 18
SQ: Spell shield (Dungeonscape pg. 14)
Feats: Improved Initiative, Improved Toughness Practiced Spelcaster, Versatile Spellcaster, Fiery Burst, Extra Spell (Fireball)
Skills: Bluff ( 6) +9,Concentration (9) +12 Intimidate (6) +9 Knowledge Arcana ( 9) + 12 , Stealth (6) +12 Perception (4) +4 Spellcraft (9) +9
Possessions: Combat gear, mwk morning star, bag of holding (type 1), scroll of mount 2 elixir of thruth, 743 GP and 2980 SP

And this is my idea for the minotaur, which I changed for a Half Minotaur Varag

Half Minotaur Varag Dungeon Crasher Fighter 2/Spirit Lion Barbarian with Wolf Totem/Warblade 1 CR 7
Feats
1-Power Attack TrackB RunB Spring AttackB
2-Improved Bull Rush
4 Knock Back Improved TripB
6 Shock Trooper
8 Combat Reflexes

So what do you think, enough to be considered Hard Mode?:smallamused:

Keld Denar
2011-06-03, 11:37 AM
I dunno that the changes to the sorcerer class are warrented for Koth. If you want, simply give him the Kobold Draconic Rite of Passage and write it off to his position as Wyrmlord making him a pseudo-kobold. Really, you can make Koth much much much harder simply by changing his spell/feat selection. I faught him with a CharOp group, and he had Imperious Command and Never Outnumbered, and he made liberal use of Wings of Cover and Whirling Blade. It was brutal, and we actually lost a PC in that fight. I dunno if you need to go changing a bunch of rules just to get to "hard mode".

Dusk Eclipse
2011-06-03, 11:38 AM
I dunno that the changes to the sorcerer class are warrented for Koth. If you want, simply give him the Kobold Draconic Rite of Passage and write it off to his position as Wyrmlord making him a pseudo-kobold. Really, you can make Koth much much much harder simply by changing his spell/feat selection. I faught him with a CharOp group, and he had Imperious Command and Never Outnumbered, and he made liberal use of Wings of Cover and Whirling Blade. It was brutal, and we actually lost a PC in that fight. I dunno if you need to go changing a bunch of rules just to get to "hard mode".

Those rules aren't explicit for Koth, they affect all sorcerers in the game world including players; I just though I should mention them.

mootoall
2011-06-03, 11:42 AM
It sounds like those are just general house rules for sorcerer. In other news, I'd recommend checking out the thread specifically designed for this :smalltongue: Edit: Damned OP swordsages! And no, swordsages aren't over powered.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-06-03, 11:44 AM
It sounds like those are just general house rules for sorcerer. In other news, I'd recommend checking out the thread specifically designed for this :smalltongue:

That is a general handbook, this is for my particular game:smalltongue: though it is a great resource.

mootoall
2011-06-03, 01:26 PM
Well, I've found them to be extremely helpful when you ask for it. And they've done Koth as well! But for now I'm gonna say that so long as he's got Wings of Cover/Flurry and Versatile Spellcaster, it's enough of a threat.