PDA

View Full Version : it's MADness!

big teej
2011-06-03, 04:31 PM
query: MADness aside, is it feasible to build a character that uses arcane casting, diving casting, psionics, and incarnum?

I was kicking around the idea of a Duskblade/psychic warrior/cleric/totemist or Incarnate

Big Fau
2011-06-03, 04:37 PM
I think there was a triple-9s build over on Gleemax, but that was years ago and involved Beholder Mage+Ur Priest trickery.

As for your proposed build: You'd be so far behind that you'd be relying on your BAB (which would sit at a MAXIMUM of +17 if you didn't use Divine Power 90% of the time), at which point you'd be better off with pure Duskblade or Cleric.

It is impractical at best to use mutliclassing to try and combine 4 of DnD's Subsystems. At worst, you are better off donating your WBL to your party and rolling a different character on the spot.

big teej
2011-06-03, 04:58 PM
what about in a party that finds the Pathfinder alchemist overpowered?

because that's what I'm working with.

Big Fau
2011-06-03, 05:03 PM

because that's what I'm working with.

Duskblade or NG Incarnate using UMD and buffing the party (or Cleric doing the same) would be the way to go.

And while I can't judge the Alchemist for myself, do be aware that Paizo has even less of a clue what Balance is than WotC does. They really should have just stuck with making modules.

DarkestKnight
2011-06-03, 05:10 PM
i think the only way you could pull this off is to enter all of the mixed magic PRCs (like metamind and such) and be prepared to not get huge progression in any casting path.

I had been looking at making a duskblade/cleric mainly due to the channeled spell ability says "any touch spell" so if you have a wounding weapon, you can run around Bestow curse (draining con) and doing con damage.

as for you group remind them that most base classes in Pathfinder get pretty silly quickly (like the summoner having a huge summon with a ballista on it's back).

Luckmann
2011-06-03, 05:12 PM

because that's what I'm working with.Dude.. wait, what?

http://arch.413chan.net/wtf_man-%28n1299733373962%29.jpg

Yuki Akuma
2011-06-03, 05:12 PM
Well, you can do Incarnum with feats, and it synergises... okay with magic and psionics.

AmberVael
2011-06-03, 05:15 PM
You could make a Phrenic Beguiler/Rainbow Servant with Incarnum feats! :smalltongue:

Loki_42
2011-06-03, 08:32 PM
Bah, it's not complete until you add binding and invocations.

big teej
2011-06-03, 09:17 PM
Bah, it's not complete until you add binding and invocations.

that's a project for later, these are what I have access to at this time.

Divide by Zero
2011-06-03, 10:01 PM
Don't forget utterances.

big teej
2011-06-03, 10:02 PM
Don't forget utterances.

even if I had access to truenaming.

I've learned enough about it from this forum that that thing will NEVER see use at my table.

the fixes?
maybe
but not as written :smallyuk:

so I left that one out on purpose