PDA

View Full Version : [Paranoia] Secret Grrrrand Prrrrix, Comrade!

lord pringle
2011-06-03, 05:22 PM
A while back I realized though I'm good at running Paranoia, I'm absolutely dreadful at creating missions. Suddenly yesterday I had an idea for a paranoia mission. I would love it if the lovely UV members of the playground would help me make my concept into a playable game.
Concept:Every 436 Nightcycles the secret societies nominate one member to race a deadly race for honor. This year a PURGEr got a WMD and made it the prize, figuring who ever had it would probably blow up most of Alpha Complex. However a GREEN FCC-Per heard the plan and freaked out. His savior couldn't be nuked! So he ordered 6 troubleshooters to race for The Computer, pretending to be in ultra-secret, treason class-D (nonexistent) societies. The players will be given experimental R&D racing cars. Of course the players will try to stay loyal to their (real) societies. And the winner will have a WMD. What say ye playgrounders?

TheCountAlucard
2011-06-04, 12:08 AM
(Response deleted for security reasons)

This. Sounds. Awesome. :smallamused:

So silly and dangerous that it just has to be Paranoia. :smallbiggrin:

You realize you're probably going to have to play off all the standard "racing movie" cliches, but Paranoia-ized, right? Like one of the secret societies altering one of the road signs (for some reason or another), leading the racers through a stretch of city that's totally not suitable for a race.

Also, even though it's supposed to be a secret, there'd better be two newscasters providing commentary for the race. :smallamused:

lord pringle
2011-06-04, 12:21 AM
(Response deleted for security reasons)

This. Sounds. Awesome. :smallamused:

So silly and dangerous that it just has to be Paranoia. :smallbiggrin:

You realize you're probably going to have to play off all the standard "racing movie" cliches, but Paranoia-ized, right? Like one of the secret societies altering one of the road signs (for some reason or another), leading the racers through a stretch of city that's totally not suitable for a race.

Also, even though it's supposed to be a secret, there'd better be two newscasters providing commentary for the race. :smallamused:

Program groups are societies too!
Alan-U:And the sierra clubbers take the lead!
Scott-U: Did you know that the sierra club member is using an old reckoning car...
Edit: I have found the romantic car!http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3368/3645353920_0631c90d39.jpg

Kurald Galain
2011-06-05, 06:01 PM
"Comrade" is what the Communists call other people. "Citizen" is what The Computer, and pretty much everybody else in Alpha Complex, calls other people. Have a nice daycycle!

Anyway, nice idea for a scenario, I might steal that. This, of course, begs for any number of cheating devices on the various cars, such as smoke cloud generators, oil slick droppers, mushroom-based turbo devices, and deleted for security reasons. Yay!

lord pringle
2011-06-05, 09:14 PM
You guys think I should run this on the forums?