PDA

View Full Version : [DnD 3.5] Curing Rage-induced fatigue early?

theonesin
2011-06-03, 07:23 PM
Is it possible to cure the fatiguing effects after ending a Barbarian's Rage(or similar ability like Dervish Dance) earlier than just waiting until the end of the encounter?

Big Fau
2011-06-03, 07:24 PM
Being immune to Fatigue (Warforged are really good for that).

Draz74
2011-06-03, 07:27 PM
It's certainly possible. I dunno if it's ever practical, until high levels when Heal effects are getting thrown around. (Lesser Restoration can do it, but it takes three rounds to cast, which is totally not worth it.)

theonesin
2011-06-03, 07:30 PM
Warforged would be nice, but I needed to be human for my build.

The party is starting at level 10, but we're playing a low magic setting. As such, the only way I can think of to justify curing my fatigue would be a potion (maybe calling it an energy drink or something, I don't know). Full casters are outright banned, and most magical items are as well.

Amnestic
2011-06-03, 07:31 PM
The Tireless Regional Feat (PGtF) reduces fatigue+exhaustion by one step. Fatigued becomes nothing, exhaustion becomes fatigued.

theonesin
2011-06-03, 07:34 PM
Is there anything like that for the Sickened status as well? My character is has a level of Barbarian with Ferocity(boosts str/dex instead) instead of standard Rage, but causes Sickened instead of Fatigue. That feat would still be useful for the Dervish part of my build though.

Amnestic
2011-06-03, 07:36 PM
Is there anything like that for the Sickened status as well? My character is has a level of Barbarian with Ferocity(boosts str/dex instead) instead of standard Rage, but causes Sickened instead of Fatigue. That feat would still be useful for the Dervish part of my build though.

Yes. Strong Stomach in Cityscape. Has Endurance as a pre-req. Reduces Nausea and Sickened by one step. Nausea becomes Sickened, Sickened gets negated.

DeltaEmil
2011-06-03, 07:41 PM
The Iron Heart Maneuver from the Tome of Battle can also end fatigue, sickness and other conditions, spells or effects (obligatory Ending-the-sun-joke here). It however needs another Iron Heart Maneuver as a prerequisite, and Iron Heart Surge must be initiated with a standard action.

Chess435
2011-06-03, 08:14 PM
The Iron Heart Maneuver from the Tome of Battle can also end fatigue, sickness and other conditions, spells or effects (obligatory Ending-the-sun-joke here). It however needs another Iron Heart Maneuver as a prerequisite, and Iron Heart Surge must be initiated with a standard action.

By Crom!

Anyway, I believe you can get Iron Heart Surge at 9th level by taking Martial Study.

Big Fau
2011-06-03, 08:19 PM

Iron Heart Surge. And it can only end one of the two effects the OP is trying to remove (Sickened and Fatigued). Strike of Righteous Vitality can do it, but you need either 17 levels in Crusader or a magic item to do that.

Draz74
2011-06-03, 08:19 PM
By Crom!

Anyway, I believe you can get Iron Heart Surge at 9th level by taking Martial Study.

Nope. It not only requires another Iron Heart maneuver as a prerequisite, but also requires Initiator Level 5, which a non-initiator character doesn't achieve until Level 10.

raxies94
2011-06-03, 08:21 PM
I know that the Horizon Walker has an ability that makes you immune to fatigue. Being sickened, however, is a different story. I don't know if the class would have anything that could help that.

Big Fau
2011-06-03, 08:33 PM
I know that the Horizon Walker has an ability that makes you immune to fatigue. Being sickened, however, is a different story. I don't know if the class would have anything that could help that.

Soulborn...

Wait, you said class. Never mind.

Chess435
2011-06-03, 08:59 PM
Nope. It not only requires another Iron Heart maneuver as a prerequisite, but also requires Initiator Level 5, which a non-initiator character doesn't achieve until Level 10.

So you'd have to take it twice. One to get another Iron Heart Maneuver, and one to get IHS. And you wouldn't even be able to do it until your 12th level feat...... So no luck here.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-06-03, 09:27 PM
You could dip a level of Warblade after level 8 and you would get the right IL and 4 maneuver so you can get Iron Heart Surge and 2 other utilitiy ones (Sudden leap is awesome) plus a stance for utility (Hunter's Sence is pretty good and serves as a prerequisite for Sudden Leap)

Darrin
2011-06-03, 09:33 PM
Getting rid of fatigue:

* Warforged
* Horizon Walker (need 8 ranks of Knowledge: Geography)
* Touchstone feat (Sandstorm) linked to Shrine at Kahar, lesser restoration 1/day.
* Tireless regional feat (Player's Guide to Faerun p. 46, must be 1st level)
* Wand of Ray of Resurgence (750 GP, Lost Empires of Faerun)
* Icewild Lichen Paste (50 GP, Secrets of Sarlona p. 138)
* Boots of the Unending Journey (4000 GP, MIC p. 79), requires True Believer feat.
* Sphere of Awakening (1800 GP, MIC p. 186) cures fatigue 1/day.
* Talisman of Undying Fortitude (8000 GP, MIC p. 188) cures a bunch of things 2/day.
* Breath of Waves graft (9000 GP, Magic of Eberron p. 131)
* Heavy Legs graft (6000 GP, Faiths of Eberron p. 158).

Jack_Simth
2011-06-03, 09:38 PM
It's certainly possible. I dunno if it's ever practical, until high levels when Heal effects are getting thrown around. (Lesser Restoration can do it, but it takes three rounds to cast, which is totally not worth it.)
Use Potions. Any spell 3rd level or below with a casting time of 1 minute or less, is now effectively a full-round action (a move action to retrieve and a standard action to drink)... Lessor Restoration works for it. Use Paladin potions, though, as they're a lot less expensive, and you'll be going through a rather lot of them, I imagine.

Allanimal
2011-06-04, 04:32 AM
My barbarian always carried a potion of second wind.