PDA

View Full Version : Races/Templates for Fear Boss

Aemoh87
2011-06-03, 07:33 PM
I am making a boss, a leader of an orc cult who is essentially based off the dread emperor items for Book of Vile Darkness. He enjoys tyranny and fear effects. I need a race or template for him, he is currently an orc, but I was thinking of making him go undead or something. Idk, please help playground! He needs to truly be dreadful!

Edit: He is MAJOR boss in a moderately optimized camp. So he can be powerful and I can bend his CR if the template/race fits.

Jack_Simth
2011-06-03, 07:47 PM
Ghost.

+2 CR, and a lot of the options are fear-related; give him, say, Corrupting Gaze, Horrific Appearance, and Frightful Moan. Then pull out Libris Mortis, and take the actual feats from there.

Aemoh87
2011-06-03, 08:14 PM
Ghost.

+2 CR, and a lot of the options are fear-related; give him, say, Corrupting Gaze, Horrific Appearance, and Frightful Moan. Then pull out Libris Mortis, and take the actual feats from there.

Interesting. I was thinking ghost as well, this could make the encounter very brutal though, but I want it to be punishing as there will be opportunity to flee (which they most likely will if they don't have fear resistance).

Starbuck_II
2011-06-03, 09:41 PM
I am making a boss, a leader of an orc cult who is essentially based off the dread emperor items for Book of Vile Darkness. He enjoys tyranny and fear effects. I need a race or template for him, he is currently an orc, but I was thinking of making him go undead or something. Idk, please help playground! He needs to truly be dreadful!

Edit: He is MAJOR boss in a moderately optimized camp. So he can be powerful and I can bend his CR if the template/race fits.
Any thing + Avenging Executioner might be useful.

Example: CW Samurai 6 (for +4 Intimidate as a class feature)/Avenging Executioner 4 then give him Fearful armor?
AE Prc lets you sudden strike the foes that are afraid.
Get Feat: Imperious command when Demoralized opponent, they cowers for 1 round, then shaken for 1 round.
Skill trick: Never Outnumbered: Use intimidate to demoralize, affect all enemies within 10 ft instead of one.
+1 Fearsome (+5 enhancement intimidate, demoralize as a move action) Full Plate: 7500 gp
You can get it for 6500 gp if you curse it with Armor of Rage effect (-1000 gp cost) but that lowers Cha and blesses your foes (same hit bonus as bless).

The feat Frightful Presence might be useful. It shakens foes 1d6 + Cha mod rounds.

Aemoh87
2011-06-04, 04:35 AM

Example: CW Samurai 6 (for +4 Intimidate as a class feature)/Avenging Executioner 4 then give him Fearful armor?
Get Feat: Imperious command when Demoralized opponent, they cowers for 1 round, then shaken for 1 round.
Skill trick: Never Outnumbered: Use intimidate to demoralize, affect all enemies within 10 ft instead of one.
+1 Fearsome (+5 enhancement intimidate, demoralize as a move action) Full Plate: 7500 gp
You can get it for 6500 gp if you curse it with Armor of Rage effect (-1000 gp cost) but that lowers Cha and blesses your foes (same hit bonus as bless).

The feat Frightful Presence might be useful. It shakens foes 1d6 + Cha mod rounds.

The build is already worked out along with the items. I just need a race/template for him to give him alittle pzazz

Fax Celestis
2011-06-04, 07:15 AM

Go whole hog and make him a Ghost/Rogue/Avenging Executioner. Give him the stuff up here, and then give him the Gruesome Finish (Exemplars of Evil), Daunting Presence (Libris Mortis), Death Master (Libris Mortis), Eviscerator (Libris Mortis), Telling Blow (PHB-II), and Intimidating Strike (PHB-II) feats. Now, he can inflict fear with an attack, and if he hits with sudden strike, everyone in 30' is also shaken. If he crits, everyone in 30' has to save twice (once from Telling Blow -> Avenging Executioner, once from Eviscerator). If he drops someone to 0, everyone in 30' has to save.