PDA

View Full Version : XCrawl

Otherworld Odd
2011-06-03, 08:57 PM
One of my friends recently brought this game up to my attention. It actually seems pretty fun and I like the fluff but I wanted to come ask the playground. Is it any fun? Is there a lot of work that goes into making a character or is it relatively simple?

Any fun stories? =]

The Glyphstone
2011-06-04, 08:47 AM
From what I understand, XCrawl is just a campaign setting for 3.5, with some modified rules and classes.

Otherworld Odd
2011-06-05, 01:10 AM
From what I understand, XCrawl is just a campaign setting for 3.5, with some modified rules and classes.

I actually got the book from a friend a few hours after posting this and it turns out it is.

I love the flavor and fluff of it though, I think it's a really unique way to approach dungeon crawling.

erikun
2011-06-05, 07:55 AM
I've played it once. The system is amusing; it's basically a fast-paced dungeon crawl that encourages players to keep moving. It can get a bit silly at times, but basically ends up as throughly D&D.

Otherworld Odd
2011-06-08, 10:54 PM
So I'm starting up an xcrawl game with my buds around here and I'm probably going to keep a campaign journal of it. Would this be the right section of the forum to put this in or would it go in 3.5?