PDA

View Full Version : [DnD 3.5] Items for a Dervish

theonesin
2011-06-03, 09:23 PM
I'm playing a Swashbuckler 3/Barbarian 1/Fighter 1/Dervish 5 in a low magic campaign, but the DM is asking each player to give him "5 magic items, ranging in +stats, +# to weapons, elemental enchantments to weapons, wonderious items".

I've already purchased a pair of masterwork keen scimitars and a light fortification mithral breastplate. Aside from Gloves of Dexterity and Headband of Intellect, can anyone give me ideas for other good items to pick(they need to be in the price range of around 16k gp). Thanks.

Eldariel
2011-06-03, 09:29 PM
+1 Scimitars of Collision are a rather obvious choice. Nice chunk of damage there. Various Weapon Crystals [MiC] that enable overcoming various types of DR and critting crit-immune opponents (Truedeath for Undead, Demolition for Constructs; there's also one to penetrate evil outside DR) are good. Blessed Scabbard [MiC] would likewise help there.

Then you have Winged Vest [MiC] as a simple means of flying; this should be your #1 priority. Belt of Battle [MiC] is always a solid choice, as well. Then Boots of Big Stepping [MiC] could be nice.

But in priority order:
- Winged Vest (or perhaps Celestial Armor [DMG] with the flight enhancement made available more times per day; 3/day should get you quite far, but given you're all melee you really need it consistently)
- Scimitars + Scabbards for overcoming DR
- Belt of Battle/Boots (Boots of Speed are nice too; DMG)
- Weapon Crystals

So...pick what you can out of that. Again, flight and DR are the topmost priorities since they straight out shut your character down right now. Then, extra mobility and damage should come after that.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-06-03, 09:34 PM
I suggest enchanting your scimitars as Shadow Striking (ToM +3 equivalent) or if not possible at least Metalline(MIC +2 equivalent), that would take care of most of the DR problems, (Shadow Striking overcome everything and Metalline material based at the least, can't recall if they work on other types)

Ernir
2011-06-03, 10:12 PM
Aside from the Dervish-specific problems which have already been addressed (DR and bonus damage), I can only suggest you cover your bases. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187851)