PDA

View Full Version : Help estimate the time length of my adventure

Mayhem
2011-06-03, 09:58 PM
So I need to prepare at least 2 hours worth of gaming over skype, and I'd like to double check I have enough.

Game is a level 1 gestalt, with about 3 or 4 players. One side of the gestalt is a martial initiator. Tiers 1 and 2 are banned for flavour, and tier 5 due to being redundant. The group hasn't gamed together before so some introductions will be required, and ofcourse I'll need to give a quick summary of where they are, what they have etc. Currently about all I've told them is that they're following a bounty.

If any of my player's are reading this, I'd appreciate if you didn't read this spoiler:

I plan to open the game with a fight, just BAM! Like that. So I suppose one enemy might try to make a break for it, if he succeeds that might be a time sink. When looting the bodies, someone will make a proposition to the players, which could cause some discussion.
So, they'll get to the town, ask around and find the badguy and his cronies. They'll probably either go guns blazing and wipe him out, they might try to assasinate him, or they might just follow him out to the woods before attacking.
Next mission, they gotta go to a mining town for a dungeon crawl, and the road will liekly have some bandits blocking their way or something. The crawl is pretty short though.

So what do you think? Will experienced gamers power through this with time to spare, or will they suck their thumbs and diddle themselves/go off tangeant?

The Mister Guy
2011-06-03, 11:03 PM
They most probably wont even finish the first "mission" is you play it all out correctly. Pump it full of fluff, and BANG, an extra half hour. You'll easily pull off 2 hours of play.

The Mister Guy

Mayhem
2011-06-04, 02:01 AM
Cool, thank you.

Bobby Archer
2011-06-04, 02:29 AM
How much time exactly this will take up depends on whether your players are the types to do a lot of roleplaying outside of combat. If they are, then I definitely agree with Mr Guy, you probably won't get through the first mission. You've got introduction and setting, combat, discussion over looting, information gathering about badguy, possible strategizing, combat the second. I'm willing to bet that you'll be coming up on two hours before they can get to the second combat.

Even if your players try to speed-run this, with the second mission ready, you've got more than enough.