PDA

View Full Version : A utility domain.

Ryu_Bonkosi
2011-06-04, 06:03 AM
I am looking for a non-damaging utility domain that I can take for a Divine Crusader. I was looking at Trickery but I wanted to know if there were any other good ones.

faceroll
2011-06-04, 06:19 AM
Travel is pretty boss.

Eldariel
2011-06-04, 06:37 AM
Celerity and Time are both excellent. Travel too, as mentioned. Trickery is probably the most versatile of the bunch though having a huge variety of different types of effects (culminating at the ultimate Swiss Army Knife in Polymorph Any Object on 8). Luck isn't awful but the better spells are higher up. Spell-domain is, obviously, the epitome of versatility (apparently they even have Domain-slots so you should be able to use Anyspells!). Magic has something going on for it too.

For Divine Crusader, you probably just want as large number of bases covered by one school as possible. This means you'll want to look for super-versatile spells.

HalfDragonCube
2011-06-04, 07:05 AM
Celerity and Time are both excellent. Travel too, as mentioned. Trickery is probably the most versatile of the bunch though having a huge variety of different types of effects (culminating at the ultimate Swiss Army Knife in Polymorph Any Object on 8). Luck isn't awful but the better spells are higher up. Spell-domain is, obviously, the epitome of versatility (apparently they even have Domain-slots so you should be able to use Anyspells!). Magic has something going on for it too.

For Divine Crusader, you probably just want as large number of bases covered by one school as possible. This means you'll want to look for super-versatile spells.

Always struck me as strange that the Celerity domain doesn't have the Celerity spells... :smallconfused:

Eldariel
2011-06-04, 07:11 AM
Always struck me as strange that the Celerity domain doesn't have the Celerity spells... :smallconfused:

Well, that might have something to do with the fact that Celerity-domain was printed before the Celerity-spells :smallwink:

Luckmann
2011-06-04, 07:19 AM
I second (third?) Travel. 'tis solid.

arguskos
2011-06-04, 07:47 AM
Spell seems good, IMO. The use of anyspell is really too strong to pass up.

Analytica
2011-06-04, 09:06 AM
Luck gets you Miracle.

Eldariel
2011-06-04, 01:12 PM
I second (third?) Travel. 'tis solid.

It's a bit one-dimensional for your only spell list though. I don't prefer it on Divine Crusaders, unless building a Taxi (in which case I'd probably make a Jaunter anyways). Spell or Trickery IMHO.

Big Fau
2011-06-04, 02:54 PM
Destiny (Races of Destiny, big surprise) is pretty good, especially the 9th level spell.

Tvtyrant
2011-06-04, 02:58 PM
Magic and Trickery both have their uses.

Anxe
2011-06-04, 03:03 PM
I'd go for Travel.

gallagher
2011-06-04, 04:27 PM
magic magic magic magic

oh and did i say magic?

dextercorvia
2011-06-04, 04:30 PM
Spell or Time are my gotos.

Zaq
2011-06-04, 08:42 PM
I've taken the Craft domain before. It's gobs of fun if you're creative.

Illusion is, well, illusions. If you're fond of those, it's nice. If you want non-damaging, you may have to choose to ignore Phantasmal Killer and Weird, but oh well.

If you're not scared of expensive material components, Oracle is a solid list, depending on your GM.

visigani
2011-06-05, 03:47 AM
Shadow from Eberron...

you can cast just about any evocation or conjuration spell.