PDA

View Full Version : Changing thread titles

Ditto
2011-06-04, 01:31 PM
I posted a thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197737) recruiting for a pbp, and switched the displayed thread title from 'Game! XXX (Recruiting)' to '(Closed)' after I filled up. I want to re-open it now, but editing my first post in the thread doesn't seem to be making the displayed thread title catch with the same information... This *is* the correct way to affect a thread title, right?

Dvandemon
2011-06-04, 01:53 PM
Editting the title in the OP, yes. Any posts that happened before the change will keep the original title though.

Kobold-Bard
2011-06-04, 02:01 PM
There's a period after which you can't edit the title anymore (28 days methinks).

Ditto
2011-06-04, 02:21 PM
Good to know, K-B. The re-recruiting was actually pointed at your character. :smalltongue: Good to know you're still alive out there.

Kobold-Bard
2011-06-04, 02:29 PM
Good to know, K-B. The re-recruiting was actually pointed at your character. :smalltongue: Good to know you're still alive out there.

:smallredface:

I may have forgotten about it completely. Sorry dude.

Zherog
2011-06-04, 02:33 PM
There's a period after which you can't edit the title anymore (28 days methinks).

28 days is correct, and is the maximum value the software permits.

Mods can change the title after that time period. If you PM a mod for that area of the board and ask nicely, there's a chance they'll take pity upon you and perform the task. I hear chocolate is appreciated by most of them...

averagejoe
2011-06-04, 03:26 PM
28 days is correct, and is the maximum value the software permits.

Mods can change the title after that time period. If you PM a mod for that area of the board and ask nicely, there's a chance they'll take pity upon you and perform the task. I hear chocolate is appreciated by most of them...

(Hehe, we would have settled for moderate civility and three-day-old mashed potatoes. My crafty bargaining techniques are working!)

The Mod They Call Me: the issue seems to have been taken care of. Thread closed.