PDA

View Full Version : How to get a familiar for Pathfinder Sorcerer without using your bloodline

Gruffard
2011-06-04, 04:35 PM
A group of friends are going to start a pathfinder game soon. Due to changes of the sorc class with the addition of bloodlines, I decided I wanted to try out the class. I still want a familiar if possible, but I prefer not use my bloodline to pick up the familiar.

Is there a feat or other way using pathfinder books to gain a familiar. I believe my GM will allow any pathfinder supplements if I can get the pdf or book. I only have the core and advanced books right now.

Thanks for the help.

peacenlove
2011-06-04, 04:55 PM
In ultimate magic there is an archetype that mixes 2 bloodlines (crossblooded). He gains both of their arcannas but trades spells known in order to do this.
All pathfinder material is presented in their srd (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer) so no need for the physical/pdf copy for just one archetype.

Ashram
2011-06-04, 04:55 PM
As of right now, the only ways to get a familiar in Pathfinder are as follows:

- Be a 1st level wizard
- Be a 1st level arcane-bloodline sorcerer
- Be (At the least) a 3rd level magus and choose the Familiar magus arcana (Ultimate Magic)
- Be a witch

I would just ask your DM to see if you can get Obtain Familiar from 3.5's Complete Arcane, but barring that, there's a feat in Pathfinder Companion: Seeker of Secrets called Boon Familiar that allows you to treat your familiar as four levels higher up to your total character level if you want to multiclass for a familiar.

Or, you can take the "Companion Figurine" feat from Pathfinder's Classic Treasures Revisited and transform a Figurine of Wondrous Power into a familiar. :P

Curious
2011-06-04, 05:05 PM
Actually, you can get a familiar by taking the 'Eldritch Heritage' feat from UM, which allows you to gain the first bloodline ability of any sorceror bloodline.

Gruffard
2011-06-04, 05:15 PM
Actually, you can get a familiar by taking the 'Eldritch Heritage' feat from UM, which allows you to gain the first bloodline ability of any sorceror bloodline.

Oh has a few prereqs, but I could do that. thanks.

Luckmann
2011-06-04, 06:17 PM
As of right now, the only ways to get a familiar in Pathfinder are as follows:

- Be a 1st level wizard
- Be a 1st level arcane-bloodline sorcerer
- Be (At the least) a 3rd level magus and choose the Familiar magus arcana (Ultimate Magic)
- Be a witch

I would just ask your DM to see if you can get Obtain Familiar from 3.5's Complete Arcane, but barring that, there's a feat in Pathfinder Companion: Seeker of Secrets called Boon Familiar that allows you to treat your familiar as four levels higher up to your total character level if you want to multiclass for a familiar.

Or, you can take the "Companion Figurine" feat from Pathfinder's Classic Treasures Revisited and transform a Figurine of Wondrous Power into a familiar. :PYou're forgetting the Alchemist Discovery Tumor Familiar.

Ashram
2011-06-04, 06:28 PM

Crap, forgot that one. That one's actually the easiest. All it requires is Cha 13 and Skill Focus with the bloodline's class skill.