PDA

View Full Version : Fire Themed

Aemoh87
2011-06-04, 09:37 PM
What are some cool fire themed classes and items you would like to see used in a campaign. They would be baddies so they don't necessarily have to be considered "good". Maybe some crazy combos to do crazy things with fire. Thanks playground.

erikun
2011-06-04, 09:42 PM
Pyrokineticist (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/prestigeClasses/pyrokineticist.htm), so that they can pick up and throw flaming dwarves at people. Bonus points for a Pyrokineticist/Hulking Hurler, who can actually do so.

Claudius Maximus
2011-06-04, 09:45 PM
Swordsage can make a decent firebender type character via Desert Wind.

There's always Sorcerer + Appropriate Spell List but that's a bit of a workaround.

As for PrCs there is the arcane Elemental Savant, which would go together quite well with the Sorcerer up there. Not a very good class though if memory serves.

Aemoh87
2011-06-04, 09:55 PM
Pyrokineticist (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/prestigeClasses/pyrokineticist.htm), so that they can pick up and throw flaming dwarves at people. Bonus points for a Pyrokineticist/Hulking Hurler, who can actually do so.

I totally forgot this class, very cool. Hopefully a PC has Air Walk on so that they can chase the Pyrokineticist around the sky. As the DM I might have to make that possible lol.

Luckmann
2011-06-04, 09:58 PM
I totally forgot this class, very cool. Hopefully a PC has Air Walk on so that they can chase the Pyrokineticist around the sky. As the DM I might have to make that possible lol.

FLAME ON! :smallbiggrin:

Tvtyrant
2011-06-04, 10:00 PM
Cleric with the fire domain and lots of fire producing items.

Aemoh87
2011-06-04, 10:05 PM
Cleric with the fire domain and lots of fire producing items.

I already have lots of flame items, but I wanna do some crazy things with flames beyond just balls of fire and flaming weapons.

Honest Tiefling
2011-06-04, 10:16 PM
Hellfire Warlock. Rain on someone's parade if they have fire resistance, as I believe it bypasses that. And it is definitely not of good alignment. Warlocks are pretty much in the blasting side of things, I believe, but there might be enough infernal powers for interesting encounters.

I believe assassins gain a spell to walk on smoke? I'll be darned if I can remember which book that is from.

Talvereaux
2011-06-04, 10:21 PM
The Giant's Elemental Infiltrator (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9623257&postcount=8) comes in fire flavor.

Corlindale
2011-06-05, 04:56 AM
The tome of battle has that fire-themed martial school, which has both blasts and a lot of mobility stuff with fire flavour. There's also the Jade Phoenix Mage prestige class which gets some nice extra fire powers.
If you don't want to make your villain into a martial adept, you could just get the cloak/feats that gives you access to some of the powers from the school.

As for items it might be fitting to give your villain the Phoenix set from the Magic Item Compendium, which gives fire immunity, permanent flight and phoenix-like appearance, among other things.

Yora
2011-06-05, 04:59 AM
FLAME ON! :smallbiggrin:

Flameo! :smallbiggrin:

Serpentine
2011-06-05, 05:04 AM
I have a Magma Druid (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171732).
(note, though, that the Volcanic Form's stone-flinging ability needs tweaking - just the number of flinged stones or its action, though)

Divide by Zero
2011-06-05, 05:06 AM
Hellfire Warlock. Rain on someone's parade if they have fire resistance, as I believe it bypasses that. And it is definitely not of good alignment. Warlocks are pretty much in the blasting side of things, I believe, but there might be enough infernal powers for interesting encounters.

Actually, Hellfire Warlock has no alignment requirement. By RAW, even a LG character could take it.

darksolitaire
2011-06-05, 06:05 AM
Warlock, however, must be chaotic or evil to countinue advancing as Warlock, but doesn't lose anything from becoming non-evil non-chaotic. And as far as the fluff goes, actually using the Hellfire Blast is giving away part of your essence to diabolical power in exchange for power. That might (should) cause slipping from good alignments.

Honest Tiefling
2011-06-05, 02:05 PM
My apologies, I thought the PrC was evil only.

Optimator
2011-06-05, 03:02 PM
I recently made a Wu Jen 9 Swordsage 1 Jade Phoenix Mage 10 as a villain for a campaign. He uses a lot of fire. He also uses Transcend Mortality with Emerald Immolation :smallwink:

potatocubed
2011-06-05, 03:07 PM
If you want to broaden out a bit, consider things that fire is thematically associated with - hot tempers, emotional warmth, choking smoke, oppressive heat, bright light, etc. - and build enemies based on those. This has the added advantage of working around players who have wised up to the fiery nature of their enemies and invested in flame resistant items.

Divide by Zero
2011-06-05, 03:55 PM
Warlock, however, must be chaotic or evil to countinue advancing as Warlock, but doesn't lose anything from becoming non-evil non-chaotic. And as far as the fluff goes, actually using the Hellfire Blast is giving away part of your essence to diabolical power in exchange for power. That might (should) cause slipping from good alignments.

The fluff says something like "only the strongest minds are able to turn that power to good."

KillianHawkeye
2011-06-05, 04:26 PM
Lava-breathing sharks. :smallwink:

Thurbane
2011-06-05, 09:14 PM
Elemental Warrior (PlH) is a 5 level PrC that has elemental themed powers (one of which is fire). It's not the greatest of PrCs, but it does have a very strong fire theme. Since it's a melee based class, and only gets 3/4 BAB, you'll probably want to use it on a full BAB base.

dspeyer
2011-06-05, 09:28 PM
Don't forget the monsters: dragons, elementals, salamanders, mephits, pyrohydras, lava oozes...

Some of the dragons can be elemental masters (if it's a very high-level campaign -- probably epic).

blazingshadow
2011-06-05, 09:58 PM
elemental archon from faiths and pantheons is like elemental savant but a little worse

mabriss lethe
2011-06-05, 10:07 PM
Dragonfire X series of feats from Dragon Magic can open up more fire related options for your character (or other elements, depending on the dragon you're descended from)