PDA

View Full Version : Is there a compilation book for all feats?

Starwulf
2011-06-04, 10:21 PM
And if not, that should be something WoTC should seriously give some thought to releasing. I mean, otherwise, a person has to skip around to at least a dozen or more different books to find all the available feats(honestly It's probably more like 20+). I don't even think it would hurt the sale of other books, simply because it would be JUST feats, it would probably actually make them a ton of money, I can see a lot of people buying it just to save the time spent hopping to this and that rulebook, and of course, the completionists who must own every single book would obviously buy it as well.

Just an observation from someone who has recently came back to D&D within the last several months. I hate trying to remember a specific feat and then trying to find it in a multitude of books after my initial thought of which one it's in was wrong.

sapmarten
2011-06-04, 10:23 PM
D&D should have a compilation of every single thing they've released for 3.5e; or, you know, they could have just kept that Crystal Keep Index up.

Weezer
2011-06-04, 10:27 PM
I'd bet they'd make a lot of money if they released more compendiums. I'd seriously consider a PRC compendium or a Base Class compendium or an Equipment Compendium to go along with my Rule, Spell and Magic Item compendiums.

Cipher Stars
2011-06-04, 10:32 PM
{Scrubbed}

Laendri
2011-06-04, 10:35 PM
{Scrubbed}

Ozreth
2011-06-04, 10:36 PM
Are you playing 3.5? If so, you know they don't/wouldn't publish stuff for that anymore right?

Starwulf
2011-06-04, 10:37 PM
I'd bet they'd make a lot of money if they released more compendiums. I'd seriously consider a PRC compendium or a Base Class compendium or an Equipment Compendium to go along with my Rule, Spell and Magic Item compendiums.

Isn't the "The Complete Prestige" basically a compendium of all Prestige classes? Or are there Prestige classes for 3.5 that aren't in there? Actually, i've been wondering that. I've seen "The Complete Prestige" and "The Ultimate Prestige Classes" books, they are obviously different, but seem to be of a similar size page wise. Does the Complete Prestige have more PRCs then the Ultimate Prestige Classes, or do they actually have completely different PRCs in them?

Are you playing 3.5? If so, you know they don't/wouldn't publish stuff for that anymore right?

I know they don't publish new material for 3.5, but I didn't know if they were still releasing compendiums and the like for it. even if they aren't, they should consider a compendium of feats ^^

Also, thank you Laendri, Imma have to bookmark that for future reference so I don't have to jump from book to book trying to find feats appropriate to my character.

Greenish
2011-06-04, 10:39 PM
Isn't the "The Complete Prestige" basically a compendium of all Prestige classes?There's no official book of such name, and a third party couldn't have used official PrCs (at least, I doubt WotC would have given the permission).

Big Fau
2011-06-04, 10:39 PM
Isn't the "The Complete Prestige" basically a compendium of all Prestige classes? Or are there Prestige classes for 3.5 that aren't in there? Actually, i've been wondering that. I've seen "The Complete Prestige" and "The Ultimate Prestige Classes" books, they are obviously different, but seem to be of a similar size page wise. Does the Complete Prestige have more PRCs then the Ultimate Prestige Classes, or do they actually have completely different PRCs in them?

Those are 3rd party and not very balanced.

Starwulf
2011-06-04, 10:44 PM

Ahh, see, I did not realize that ^^ Good to know it's not an official book!

Hiro Protagonest
2011-06-04, 10:44 PM

Wow, the official stuff is balanced? No way!

Big Fau
2011-06-04, 10:53 PM
Wow, the official stuff is balanced? No way!

I've reviewed Ultimate Prestige Classes myself IRL. Trust me, it makes 3.5 look well-designed by comparison.

Seriously, it's like looking online here or over at Myth-Weavers, picking a random number of homebrew PrCs (from someone who's name you don't recognize), and then putting those into a book. A book 300+ pages long.

The people responsible for the "Ultimate X" books had even less of an idea of what Balance was. I'd give an excerpt, but I've deleted those books off of my computer almost immediately after reading them.

Starwulf
2011-06-04, 10:57 PM
I've reviewed Ultimate Prestige Classes myself IRL. Trust me, it makes 3.5 look well-designed by comparison.

Seriously, it's like looking online here or over at Myth-Weavers, picking a random number of homebrew PrCs (from someone who's name you don't recognize), and then putting those into a book. A book 300+ pages long.

The people responsible for the "Ultimate X" books had even less of an idea of what Balance was. I'd give an excerpt, but I've deleted those books off of my computer almost immediately after reading them.

What about "The complete Prestige"? I downloaded that and it just seems to be literally a compilation of all the Prestige classes that WoTC released. I don't think I've seen more then a few that aren't in other books, and those are ones that are probably in books I just don't have access to.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-06-04, 10:57 PM
{Scrubbed}

Kylarra
2011-06-04, 11:07 PM
There is This (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/lists/feats), though obviously the full crunch is not there.

Big Fau
2011-06-04, 11:08 PM
What about "The complete Prestige"? I downloaded that and it just seems to be literally a compilation of all the Prestige classes that WoTC released. I don't think I've seen more then a few that aren't in other books, and those are ones that are probably in books I just don't have access to.

It's likely third party as well, considering WotC never released a book like that. It's entirely possible that they gave permission to do so though. Could you give us a list of the PrC names in it?

Greenish
2011-06-04, 11:12 PM
Googling "The Complete Prestige", I only get a long list of PDFs from various sites. It might well be a fan-made compilation, but if so, it's illegal (and we shouldn't be talking about it). :smalltongue:

Starwulf
2011-06-04, 11:41 PM
It's likely third party as well, considering WotC never released a book like that. It's entirely possible that they gave permission to do so though. Could you give us a list of the PrC names in it?

Oh, it's definitely not WoTC, as soon as someone else said that WoTC never published it, I opened it up to check. It's by a person named:Saphyrot? I can't tell if that's a y or a u + something else. LOL

Unfortunately, they didn't give a Table of Contents, so I'll have to scroll down and manually write down all the names, so this is gonna take me a few minutes ^^(not that you'll know it, as I won't hit submit until I'm done, LOL)

Arcane Devotee
Archmage
Divine Champion
Divine Disciple
Divine Seeker
Guild Thief
Harper Scout
Hathran
Hierophant
Purple Dragon Knight
Red Wizard
Rune caster
Shadow Adept
Arachne
Auspician
Doomguide
Dreadmaster
Dweomer Keeper
Elemental Archon
Forest Master
Goldeye
Heartwarder
Horned Harbinger
Nightcloak
Ocular Adept
Silverstar
Stormlord
Strifeleader
Sword Dancer
Techsmith
Waveservant
Wearer of Purple
Windwalker
Template: Chosen of Bane
Gnome Artificer
Guild Wizard of Waterdeep
Harper Mage
Harper Priest
Incantatrix
Mage Killer
Master Alchemist
Mystic Wanderer
Spellfire Channeler
Spelldancer
War Wizard of Cormyr
Giant-Killer
Hordebreaker
Knight-Errant of Silverymoon
Orc Scout
Peerless Archer
Wild scout
Church Inquisitor
Consecrated Harrier
Contemplative
Divine Oracle
Holy Liberator
Hospitaler
Hunter of the Dead
Knight of the Chalice
KNight of the MIddle Circle
Master of Shrouds
Sacred Exorcist
Sacred Fist
Templar
Warpriest
Dread Pirate
Dungeon Delver
Fang of Lloth
Outlaw of the Crimson Road
Royal Explorer
Spymaster
Temple Raider of Olidammara
Thief Acrobat
Vigilante
Virtuoso
Acolyte of the skin
Alienist
Arcane Trickster
Bladesinger
Blood Magus
Candle Caster
Dragon Disciple
Elemental Savant
Fatespinner
Mage of the Arcane Order
Mindbender
Palemaster
Spellsword
True Necromancer
Wayfarer Guide
Cavalier
Devoted Defender
Drunken Master
Duelist
Fist of Hextor
Ghostwalker
Gladiator
Halfling Outrider
Knight Protector of the Great Kingdom
Lasher
Master of Chains
Master Samuria
Ninja of the Crescent Moon
Order of the Bow Initiate
Ravager
Red Avengers
Tribal Protector
Warmaster
Weapon Master
Animal Lord
Bane of Infidels
Blighter
Bloodhound
Deepwood Sniper
Exotic Weapon Master
Eye of Gruumsh
Foe Hunter
Forsaker
Frenzied Berserker
Geomancer
Hexer
King/Queen of the Wild
Oozemaster
Shifter
Tamer of Beasts
Tempest
Verdant Lord
Watch Detective
Windrider
Arcane Archer
Assassin
Blackguard
Dwarven Defender
Loremaster
Shadow Dancer
Divine Agent
Gatecrasher
Planar Champion
Plane Shifter
Agent Retriever
Cosmic Descryer
Divine Emissary
Epic Infiltrator
Guardian Paramount
High Proselytizer
Legendary Dreadnought
Perfect Wight
Union Sentinel

Ok, that took waaaayyy longer then I thought. But once I got halfway, I said screw it, might as well type it all!

Divide by Zero
2011-06-04, 11:43 PM
Yeah, most (all?) of those are official WotC classes, meaning either they're reprinting them illegally or using homebrew classes with the same names, which is also a copyright violation.

Greenish
2011-06-04, 11:43 PM
Yeah, those are official, though it mixes 3.0, 3.5 and epic PrCs with abandon.

And you're a pirate, matey. Yarr!

[Edit]: And it's not a complete list.

Seharvepernfan
2011-06-05, 12:19 AM
{Scrubbed}

Hiro Protagonest
2011-06-05, 12:46 AM
{Scrubbed}

The Glyphstone
2011-06-05, 12:17 PM
Great Modthulhu: Posting or linking to copyrighted content, such as anything not included in the SRD, is against the Board Rules. Please remember that.

DrDeth
2011-06-07, 01:38 PM
There's a few lists on-line, but no book. Too bad, WotC could do one for pennies.