PDA

View Full Version : Legend of Dragoon Project (Disciplines)

Popertop
2011-06-05, 11:55 PM
I'm having trouble deciding which disciplines to give Dart, Rose and Meru.

The other dragoons are really easy to pick for, but so far for Dart all I can think of is Desert Wind and Iron Heart. Rose too, all that seems to fit is Shadow Hand. I would put Diamond Mind on both of them, but that seems like a cop out, and then I would Diamond Mind on Dart, Rose and Haschel. Again maybe that's not entirely a bad thing, but I still need to figure out what else to give Rose and Meru.

I've looked around and haven't really found homebrew that I like that fits either Rose or Meru, and I'd like a discipline that fits Dart better than Diamond Mind.

Talentless
2011-06-06, 01:54 AM
I'm having trouble deciding which disciplines to give Dart, Rose and Meru.

The other dragoons are really easy to pick for, but so far for Dart all I can think of is Desert Wind and Iron Heart. Rose too, all that seems to fit is Shadow Hand. I would put Diamond Mind on both of them, but that seems like a cop out, and then I would Diamond Mind on Dart, Rose and Haschel. Again maybe that's not entirely a bad thing, but I still need to figure out what else to give Rose and Meru.

I've looked around and haven't really found homebrew that I like that fits either Rose or Meru, and I'd like a discipline that fits Dart better than Diamond Mind.

Personally, I'd pick 1 discipline that all of them get, like diamond mind or iron heart, because IMO, they all seem to show off either of those disciplines. Then you'd be able to put other thematic disciplines based on the characters.

As another option, you could create your own disciplines custom tailored to fit the characters where your lacking. I fully realize that that is a lot of work, but since you are doing all the work to do this as a project in the first place, it might be a decent idea.

Popertop
2011-06-06, 09:56 AM
I figured it would come down to that.

Thing is, I'm not that well versed in homebrew, and I'm very new to ToB, so it would probably take a ton of effort to brew my own disciplines, as opposed to someone else who is more used to that sort of thing.

I was already planning on giving them each special maneuvers named after their additions. i.e. Dart gets Double Slash at lvl 1, standard action strike to make two melee attacks etc. I'm going to tie them in with the maneuver recovery and power point recover somehow, still haven't decided.

Of course, I guess I could cherry pick from other disciplines, that would probably ease the load a little bit.

EDIT: Yeah, giving them all one discipline that matches is a good idea. (although if it's a question of exhibiting the same protections, the dragoon form already gives them a ****load of immunities and options.) Here's what I have so far.

Dart: Desert Wind, Iron Heart
Lavitz: White Raven, Devoted Spirit, Iron Heart
Kongol: Stone Dragon, Giant's Grip, Iron Heart
Hashcel: Tiger Claw, Diamond Mind, Setting Sun
Rose: Shadow Hand, Diamond Mind
Meru: Dancing Goddess
Shana: Devoted Spirit, Life's Blood, Iron Rain

See, I have a little issue here with what to give Meru because she doesn't really fit the mold of the other Dragoons. I found a homebrew discipline that fits her like a glove, but I haven't found any other ones that involve Hammer + Ice + Dancing. Diamond Mind doesn't really seem her style, either. :/
Oh well, if all else fails I can just toss it on there as well as Devoted Spirit.

I think Rose needs a more specific discipline as well, haven't really found many that encompass her fighting style, might make one special for her. (I'm already considering giving haschel Rouge School as his dragoon will be more physically focused, he'll get more maneuvers and less casting.) I haven't found any disciplines that are deathy and fear-based enough for her. Diamond mind kind of fits her because she's hardcore focused and what not, but it still isn't deathy or fighty like her's need to be. She really needs to be more geared toward attack.

Kongol, Lavitz and Haschel are fine. Pretty self explanitory. Might need to give Lavitz another discipline if Haschel gets an extra one, as the knight is more physically minded as well. (they both get lots of additions)
Kongol, however, should be quite happy hacking his enemies up with Stone Dragon and grappling them with Giant's Grip.

I'm certain that dart has another discipline that would work well for him, but I haven't found it yet.

The other oddball is Shana. Luckily I found some bow discipline homebrew that will do fine, might switch Iron Rain to something more Light-themed. But I'm pretty satisfied with what I found for her. Shana doesn't really rain down destruction physically, that's more her magic's domain. >:)

I have more about the magic versus the maneuvers, but this thread is maneuvers, so there it is.

Popertop
2011-06-07, 12:00 PM
bump

does anybody have other thoughts on this?