PDA

View Full Version : -of Generic Classes and Sneak Attack:

Hadrian_Emrys
2011-06-06, 01:57 AM
The wording in the SRD leaves a little to be desired, and I've been tasked with making stealth killers for a pair of low-op players in the spirit of Bonnie and Clyde (i.e. attempting to use Light Crossbows and Rapid Reload to Sneak Attack). Long story short, I'm wondering if there is a RAW limitation that I've missed that would prevent me from stacking Generic Sneak Attack 'feats' across the three Generic Classes in order to obtain +6d6SA by level 3.

Big Fau
2011-06-06, 02:03 AM
Nothing that I'm aware of. Do keep in mind that BAB is an issue. Being a 3rd level character is +1 BAB means you'd be on par with a Wizard using CL boosters on Scorching Ray, but without the Touch attack and only when flanking or attacking a FF'ed character.

The Generic classes are also noted for being poorly thought out. The Generic Spellcaster is easily Tier 1 material, while the Generic Warrior's feat selection makes the Fighter cry (not that this was hard to do).

Godskook
2011-06-06, 02:09 AM
"unless noted, each may only be selected once"

And that's not 'per class'.

----------------------------

That said, what are you trying to kill with these crossbows? CR appropriate monsters, or 1 HD humans that are simply well defended?

Hadrian_Emrys
2011-06-06, 02:24 AM
As an assistant to the DM (due to being the most rules savvy member of our group, Bawb help us all) I've also been tasked with building the general mooks we will be facing. All of them will be humanoids with 3-6 levels of commoner and 0-3 levels in classes that are actually worth something. So, outside of the bosses and mid-bosses of the game, I expect that the pimped out SAs will come across as overkill whenever the pair can pull them off.

-of course, I do understand that the idea of building exclusively for SA is nuts. I'm just making sure that I fully understand my options before I crank out these level 6 goons.

Yuki Akuma
2011-06-06, 05:42 AM
Sneak Attack may not be taken more than once. You can't do this.