PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder]Barbarian Builds?

Titanium Fox
2011-06-06, 10:50 AM
So, I am in my first ever Pathfinder game, playing a 1st level Barbarian at the moment. I have no idea what different prestige classes are out there, nor do I have any idea what direction I want to go with him beyond being just straight martial for Role Playing and Fluff purposes.

So, can anyone help a first time player out? What's good for a Pathfinder Barbarian to go into? I need to keep up with the Witch, Inquisitor, and Paladin in the party in terms of power, just for a reference.

Khantin
2011-06-06, 10:58 AM
I'm no expert but you'll probably want your first 10 levels to be barbarian so you can get pounce as a rage power.

Psyren
2011-06-06, 11:29 AM
I'm in the same boat as you, about to be a level 1 PF Barbarian in an upcoming game. I don't want to be crazy powerful, but knowing what my options are would be nice.

One I am very interested in is Invulnerable Rager. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian#TOC-Invulnerable-Rager) I think I could make a decent juggernaut with that, and overcome the lesser AC from being stuck with medium armor. But I'm uncertain how good it would be in actual play.

Wagadodo
2011-06-06, 12:43 PM
Don't forget you can stack additional Archtypes on top of each other as long as they don't replace the same item. Like you can take Invulerable Rager with Druken Brute. Allowing you carry around some alchol to continue raging for a move action if you start to run out of rounds of rage.

There are not that many Prc out there in Pathfinder right now for a Barbarian. The only one is the one where you add oracle to you Barbarian to get Raging Prophet.

For lower levels Furious Focus feat is very nice for a Power attacking Barbarian. Being able to ignore the penatly to hit for your first attack is nice. The Rage powers out of the APG especially the Totem powers are typically a bit better than the ones out of the Handbook.