Sky [roll3]

Barbarian [roll4]

Initiative blocks
1. Briarscale, Ysrin, Sky
2. Barbarian
3. Alistair

darkillini
2011-06-06, 05:09 PM
*never got an awnser to whether briarscale loses his claw natural attacks when he shape shifts to preadetor form.

since he takes the form of for example a predetory cat. i don't think the claws would be missing, but it dosn't list it as a gain when he switches like it does the bite attack.

I'm going act on the assumption it's still ok to use his claw attacks in shifted form for this turn, if it is not a valid assumption I will change actions.*

waking to a charging man was never a good sign that briarscale could remember, he looked around. and hoped the others that were near him wouldn't stab him in the back if he took action.

combat:
free: say in commonHold on, I bet your as confused as all of us are right now, I don't want to fight you, but If you come any closer im going to attack (diplomacy if necessary, but mainly to see if its a mistake to attack us.)
swift: shapeshift to predatory form (taking a shape that lookes like a panther with a set of his scales

then delay action until I see if hes coming towards us, if he is there will be a full attack on briar scales part.

Show
2011-06-06, 06:08 PM
Isryn slowly opens his eyes, trying to figure out why the world has suddenly become so bright. He blankly stares at his hand for a few moments, feeling as if the world is painfully unreal. Strange shapes flicker on the sides of his field of vision. Slowly, sound returns. Just as he begins thinking that he might try moving, the fragile world within his line of sight is shattered once again by the appearance of some screaming crazy man jumping from the bushes.

Before he knows what he is doing, Isryn is on his feet, speaking a word of Abyssal as his hands spontaneously seem to catch fine with some dark energy. He somehow manages to keep the power in check for a few moments as he assesses the situation despite his evident surprise and confusion at its appearance.

Readied Action: If the Barbarian continues to attack, I'm just going to go ahead and Eldritch Blast him.

gunnar11
2011-06-07, 03:59 AM
After his 'thoughts' Sky looks around him and notices a person and a panther standing in front of another man, who for some reason is yelling at us. Sky quickly looks if anyone notices him.

If he thinks/sees that no one notices him:
Hide: [roll0]

If he thinks/sees that someone notices him:
Go into full defence

Moranica
2011-06-07, 07:45 AM
The barbarian charges in and while swinging wildly, aims to hit Ysrin [roll0] with his sword. [roll1], [roll2]

(this will trigger the attack by briarscale and the warlock. So go ahead and do those before your next action. He doesn't seem to be spotting, so you think he doesn't see you)

darkillini
2011-06-07, 10:13 AM
ok then bite attack triggered

attack [roll0] (forgot a +1 from size)
damage [roll1]

*edit, hmm hopefully the claws work better next round

Moranica
2011-06-07, 10:25 AM
The bite tears open the barbarians skin, after only just piercing the leather armor.

Show
2011-06-07, 10:45 AM
Isryn watches in a slight state of disbelief as a bolt of magical energy instinctively streaks forth from his hand, aimed directly at the charging barbarian's chest and crackling with dark energy.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Starbin
2011-06-07, 09:44 PM
Alistair watched in stunned fascination as the man rushed forward. Around him, the three others leapt to their feet, preparing themselves for the coming attack.

The first one to move was a small creature with dark green scales. Once it stood, it spoke quickly in common-speach with confidence, warning the man from attacking. Hold on, I bet your as confused as all of us are right now, I don't want to fight you, but If you come any closer im going to attack

Eyes widening, Alistair realized what the creature was. "By the Lady, that's a forest poison dusk lizard! I've only ever read about them ... though there was supposedly a speciman in Abernathy's Menagerie last fall ..."

His introspection was cut short as a tall human man with strange purple eyes jumped up, his hands crackling with strange energy. Squinting, Alistair knew he was witnessing another seldom seen sight. "Slight smell of brimstone ... dark, volitile arcane energy ... that must be a warlock!"

The last figure, a young man still in his teenage years, rose and immediately moved to find some brush to duck behind.

As Alistair considered his own response to the attacking swordsman, the issue quicky complicated itself. The man continued his attack on the warlock and was struck by both the lizard, or rather the scaled cat that stood in its place (Amazing! It can change its form!"), and the warlock, who sent his dark energy forward into the man's body. Both blows would have felled a lesser man, but this behemoth seemed to ignore the pain, and swung his sword heavily into the warlock's side.

Alistair flinched at the spray of blood and agonized shout of pain. Heart beating rapidly, he wondered what he should do. It seemed obvious that the four figures on the ground were tied in some way, and the attacking man seemed to take umbrage at their presence. He was ill-equipped to fight with a man who clearly seemed to be caught up in a psychotic episode, ("Clearly an off-shoot of the berserker form used by the Northern Hordes ..."), and it looked like diplomacy had already failed. Of course, if he did nothing, he might find himself next on the receiving end of that blade.

Taking a deep breath, Alistair chose to support the apparent victims. From his knees, he murmured and gestured, casting aside a spell he had memorized to pull forth healing energies. Holding the power within his hand, the cleric crawled forward to the hurt warlock and reached out to touch the dying (?) man.

Cast Cure light wounds and move forward to touch the Warlock ... don't know distances and such, but figure I'll head towards him regardless if I make it this round or not. HPs healed: [roll0].

darkillini
2011-06-07, 10:04 PM
Seeing the man with the strange energy hit by the blade briar scale realizes their numbers are dwindling, the three of them, (wait wasn't it four?) No must have been hallucinating from the sudden blackout. Before he continued his thought, the primal instinct that sometimes overtook him in his shapeshifted form set in.
The shift was always an abrupt experience for him, one instant he would be on two legs then next he was on four, he could never remember the exact way he changed he just knew he had the ability to. What he didn't know was how to control the urges it put in him.
kill, kill, rend him before he can turn the blade on you a voice was saying in his mind. Urging him to destroy the threat before. Seeing the man down, and the other crawling towords him. The voice urged him to finish the man, despite trying to hold back from killing blow he found himself lunging for the man, claws and fangs extended.

full attack
claw 1
attack. [roll0]
damage [roll1]
claw 2 attack [roll2]
damage [roll3]
bite attack [roll4]
damage [roll5]

*edit opps messed up the damage roll for the bite should be 1d4+2 not 1d20

Show
2011-06-08, 12:19 AM
Adrenaline changed to shock as Isryn felt the cold steel bite into his side. A shout of pain escaped his lips as the world flashed red. Pain, incredibly real and tangible. A blur... the ground fast approaching.

The dust. His blood running across the ground, fast. Too fast.

Pain.

The world fading.

And suddenly, the world returning. The pain disappearing, only a slight sting remaining. His breathing coming back to normal.

A face appearing above him. Isryn reactively tenses for a moment, but relaxes when he detects no hostility. After a slight pause, he opens his mouth to say something, but almost immediately seems to change his mind, sitting upright and wildly glancing about with a startled expression, trying to determine the location of his assailant.

gunnar11
2011-06-08, 01:29 AM
Sky looked at the battle going on: "Who are these people? WHAT are they? And does anyone of them know about the colors, maybe someone of them actually did it, I mean, if you can cast a dark energy sphere you're also able to do that kind of thing...
I have to know who it was.
Then again, I don't really know wether they're trying to help me or have me captured. The barbarian could be trying to rescue me...

Sky begins to search for something to defend himself with.

Edit*:
I guess I have to make a Search check, right? xD

Search: 1d20
WHY DOESN'T IT WORK!?!?

Moranica
2011-06-08, 09:31 AM
rolling only works the first time you post a post. :smallsmile: You can't edit rolls into posts, only edit txt into posts with rolls.

The barbarian looks in surprise at the onslaught that hits him. He is absolutely shredded and dies even before hitting the ground. He then lays there, a puddle of blood forming under him.

Moranica
2011-06-22, 06:14 AM
Initiative
Briarscale [roll0]
Alistair [roll1]
Ysrin [roll2]
Sky [roll3]

Elemental [roll4]

Blocks
1. Ysrin, Sky
2. Elemental
3. Briarscale, Alistair

gunnar11
2011-06-22, 02:10 PM
"What the **** is that thing?" Sky thought
"Doesn't matter, it's not friendly and it tries to kill us...
He launched himself forward, slashing at the creature with his sword held in two hands, as he produced a barbaric growl.

Attack roll: [roll0]

Show
2011-06-22, 02:24 PM
Seeing Sky dash forward, Isryn also takes the initiative, running nearly half the way to the cloud before ducking behind another tree and firing an eldritch blast.

touch attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

Moranica
2011-06-22, 04:27 PM
The elemental is caught flat-footed (?!?!) as it's is charged and blasted from a pile of leaves and branches. Heavily wounded (both attacks hit) it furiously retaliates.

A small swirl of cloud reaches out and shocks Sky ([roll0] non-lethal damage, Fort DC 12 for half)

Then it launches a deafening thunder coupled with a streak of lightning at the one who blasted it. (for all; [roll1] sonic damage, Fort DC 12 for half) (for Ysrin, [roll2] electricity damage, Ref DC 12 for half)

Blocks
3. Briarscale, Alistair
1. Ysrin, Sky
2. Elemental

darkillini
2011-06-22, 04:40 PM
Fort dc [roll0]

Briarscale seeing a threatening cloud realizes the natural fury that takes over in his perdetory form could help in this situation, reluctantly he shifts over, and almost instantly the he feels the fury taking over.

tear it asunder. Bite the devilish cloud

He charges the elemental snaping at it with his teeth
attack [roll1]
damage [roll2]

Starbin
2011-06-22, 11:49 PM
As Alistair peered from the shelter, he saw Sky and Isryn rush out to engage the small cloud, with Briarscale following suit. He racked his brain, trying to remember where he had seen something similar in his books. "This cloud, it does not move in a random nature, but with purpose ... not a natural phenomenon, then. It seems perturbed by the shelters ... or is it simply lashing out, like a petulant child? Either way, is it a spell or construct of some sort, controlled by another? Perhaps ..."

The scholar looked around, but could see no one hiding in the trees. Of course, it was dark and he could see very little. Looking back at the cloud, he saw Sky's blow struck true, and a bolt of pure energy from Isryn also struck it. The cloud rolled and boiled in agony, turning to attack both comrades.

"Hmmm, I do not see anyone else ... and the way that thing reacts seems self-initiated. Wait, that thunderclap ... didn't I ... not air, not lightning ... but ... storm! That's it!"

Calling out to the others, Alistair kept to the cover of the shelter. "We face a storm elemental, friends! Beware its shock and clap, and do not use the same energies against it. Quickly, before it flies away and heals!"

OOC - Didn't really put down new spells yet, so I've got nothing to provide just yet. Go team!

gunnar11
2011-06-23, 12:58 AM
Sky was still astonished from the electric zapp and the soundwave he heard, when he heard: "We face a storm elemental, friends! Beware its shock and clap, and do not use the same energies against it. Quickly, before it flies away and heals!"
He then didn't hesitate as to attack the cloud again. He could not and should not let this "thing" heal itself.
He changed his stance, to a more aggressive and faster one, maybe leaving openings in his defence, but whatever, this creature had to be slain fast.

Damage roll: [roll1]

Show
2011-06-23, 09:36 AM
Isryn stumbles back in shock as a bolt of lightning pierces his chest. He grabs at the underbrush for a moment for support before pulling himself back into something of a standing position. The scorched skin on his chest burns, but Isryn has something more important to do: getting revenge. He runs closer to the creature, avoiding the treacherous terrain and slick mud. The cold energy burns at his hands once again, and he speaks another word of the dark tongue, unleashing it at the elemental.

Point Blank Shot as well as Frightful Blast. Touch attack.

Frightful Blast DC is 15, or else the elemental is shaken. That would be -2 on attacks, saving throws, ability checks, and skill checks. I'm not sure how much that would help us considering it might not make any of those type of rolls, but maybe it'll lower the AC and save DCs?

Moranica
2011-06-23, 10:30 AM
The elemental is struck by the cold energy and with a deep rumble widdles away into thin air. It is gone.

500 xp for each!

Moranica
2011-08-03, 02:33 AM
DM only
[roll0]

Waiting for the patrol is boring business, but the knowledge of a nearby camp keeps you on your toes. Darkness settles in, granting you better concealment, but troubles your sight. Around midnight you hear the soft yapping of kobolds approach. There's seven of them, it is difficult to make out their equipment, but you see some spears and a sword for sure. The kobolds seem relaxt, but focused.

Supriseround time! Go ahead!
And pls post what kind of sight you have.

Map (https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlNaDsQn_gQ2dGFZQjBQa1dPVkNNbWNMWlNxcHFyb Wc&hl=en_US#gid=0)

darkillini
2011-08-03, 03:35 AM
low light vision for BS. (ice beasts hes summoning have dark vision 60ft)
summon the ice beast wolf in front of the group of 4
begin casting summon ice beast 1 again. (1 round action)

ice beast wolf appears taking its turn at time of summoning (it has the cold aura special ability)
cold damage at the start of it's turn to every one within 10 feet of it (so the group of 4 kobalds all get hit)
top left [roll0]
top right[roll1]
BL [roll2]
BR [roll3]

it will then attack the TR kobald with it's bite attack [roll4]
damage [roll5]

narration
Briarscale takes his time to summon forth a frigged ice construct shaped as a wolf next to the kobalds. seeing his first one appear he begins calling forth another.

the construct radiating cold so intense it cracks twigs on the ground around it lashes out at the nearest kobald as per it's orders it revived in the summon

Starbin
2011-08-03, 04:39 AM
Alistair crouched in his spot, thinking about the battle ahead. It had been easy to promise to aid his friend, but as the day drew on, he began to wonder if it was the right thing to do. What if the kobolds were actually friendly? What if they could have developed a relationship with them?

Well, there was no help for it now. He had to trust that Briarscale's assessment of the imutable nature of kobolds was accurate, and that they were doing the world a favor.

The cleric frowned as the sky darkened and dusk settled, knowing that he should have prepared a spell to improve his night sight. Unfortunately, just as he came to this conclusion, the beasts arrived, travelling on the path with little thought of an ambush. Or so he hoped.

He heard, rather than saw, the effects of Briarscale's magic, hearing the crackle of ice crystals forming and the grunts of surprise and pain from the kobolds under attack. Nodding to himself, he concentrated on his own spell, calling forth a mighty beetle to engage with the second group of kobolds.

Here's hoping none escape to warn the others ...

Casting Summon Monster I - bringing forth a Celestial Giant Fire Beetle into square W21. It will immediately attack the kobold in X20 (NE of it's position).

Damage (if necessary): [roll1]

Alistair: Normal vision
Beetle: Darkvision

Show
2011-08-03, 03:37 PM
Hearing the sounds of the ambush beginning, Isryn dashes out onto the path as quickly as he can, ready to stop any retreating kobolds. Although it already sounded as though the battle was going well, he knew that he would have to be ready- even one escaped kobold could be a fatal mistake.

I've got no low light or darkvision... I'm not sure the name of vanilla lame-o-vision.
Spiderclimb is invoked ahead of time, but I doubt I'll use it.

Starbin
2011-08-03, 03:55 PM
For Sky

Sky peered at the developing combat, gripping his two swords tightly. Moving up, he used the trees to hide his approach then attacked the closest group.

Move up to the closest group (hopefully it's the rear group). Attack vs closest kobold: [roll0]
Damage (if necessary): [roll1]
I don't know Sky's bonuses ... he might have an additional +1 to hit for leveling, but I'm not sure.

Would it have been unreasonable to have a rock with light cast on it for the young ranger, given that it would have become apparent that the kobolds would be travelling at night?

EDIT: That's three straight 1's for me on damage dice ... not so good, Al!

Moranica
2011-08-03, 04:44 PM
The kobold patrol approaches and yaps softly back and forth. All of a sudden the ice wolf appears out of nowhere. The cold aura wreaks havoc among the shocked kobolds. The two on the top left goes down right away, it's brain destroyed by the thousands of ice crystals that form in it's head. Two other look badly hurt as well. Only the one on the bottom right with the sword seems to have less trouble with it.

At the same time the other group of kobolds is hit by a Celestial Giant fire beetle. It's firery jaws close around the leg of one of the kobold. But it miss timed the hit, as the kobold takes another step in his stride and so accidentily saves his leg. On the other side, Sky jumps out of the bushes and strikes the kobold, injuring it.

Further down the road, Isryn jumps on the path.

Briarscale [roll0]
Alistair [roll1]
Ysrin [roll2]
Sky [roll3]

Kobold [roll4]
Kobold sergeant [roll5]

Moranica
2011-08-03, 04:45 PM
Cassandra still has her turn and has to roll initiative (I forgot). After that, Sky is up.

Starbin
2011-08-03, 05:47 PM
Just in case we miss C's response:

Sky growled aloud, mad at himself for failing to take out the kobold before him. Bringing up both weapons, he attack again!

Attack (Longsword): [roll0]
Attack (Short sword): [roll1]
Damage L.Sword: [roll2]
Damage S. Sword: [roll3]

Hiro Protagonest
2011-08-03, 07:21 PM
For surprise round.

Cassandra quickly moves to a kobold. She attacks, her fists in flames.

Wolf Fang Strike and Burning Blade expended.

Attack: [roll0] [roll1]

Damage: [roll2] [roll3] [roll4] [roll5]

Of course, I get the good damage rolls when I get a natural 1.

Moranica
2011-08-04, 07:22 AM
Cassandra jumps out of the bushes and smashes her flaming fist into the kobold. Roasted and dead the kobold drops to the ground.

Now the kobolds realise what happened. Immediatly the sarge reacts, but Sky is quicker. Two quick slashes find nothing but air and kobold, as one of the swords beheads the kobold.

The kobold sarge shouts some quick commands and draws his sword, while he drinks a potion with his other hand.

Spot DC 10
The sergeants skin seems to resemble bark

Initiative blocks
Isryn / Briarscale / Ice beasts
Kobolds
Cassie / Alistair / Fire Beetle
Sky
Kobold Sarge

darkillini
2011-08-04, 08:53 AM
ok going well so far.

Briarscale
as he hears the kobald shouting orders he finishes up casting his second ice wolf summoning calling this one right next to the leading kobald. for his turn he then shifts to his predator form taking on a scaled wolf form and moves to prevent the kobalds from running in the other direction.

IB 2
this one bring more cold air into its surrounding as its called freezing the kobalds more. before snaping its jaws at the leader kobald

cold damage
Tr [roll0]
BL [roll1]
sergeant [roll2]

bite attack [roll3] [roll4]

Ice beast 1
the construct of ice roars as it pumps more cold into the air, which almost shivers as small ice crystals form. it then moves to take a flanking position on the sergeant (assuming it's cold damage and the other beasts cold damage kill the 2 smaller kobalds, moves in such a way as to avoid AoOs) and goes to bite the kobald in it's heels.

cold damage
Tr [roll5]
BL [roll6]
sergeant [roll7]

bite attack [roll8](+2 from flanking) [roll9]

darkillini
2011-08-04, 08:56 AM
IBW1 crit threat
[roll0]
[roll1]

Show
2011-08-04, 07:02 PM
Isryn runs forward, barely avoiding slipping on the loose soil of the path as he moves. He took only a moment to note the devastation the others had wreaked before he launched the bolt of eldritch energy towards the only kobold left in sight.

Touch attack: [roll0]

Moranica
2011-08-05, 04:47 AM
As more cold fills the air, more kobolds go down. With pain wrecked faces they scream, until they scream no more and are dead. The horror is clearly visible on the remaining kobolds face, while his sergeant look angry. He tries to get away and withdraws from battle, moving to the west.

Initiative blocks
Cassie / Alistair / Fire Beetle
Sky
Kobold Sarge
Isryn / Briarscale / Ice beasts
Kobolds

darkillini
2011-08-05, 04:53 AM
Regardless of how he moves he will pprovoke at least 1 AOo from the ice wolves, if he moves diagonally first. As withdraw only prevents AoO from inital square being left

Attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Also skipped over cassie sky the fire betle and alistair who go before the sarge (hint hint wink wink guys :smallwink:)

Edit* omg these wolves attacks are terrible, thank gosh for the cold aura lol.

Moranica
2011-08-05, 05:05 AM
Aha, one of the ice beasts (the one that would have gotten the AoO) is missing on the map. The sarge just looks angry and hasn't done anything yet.

Starbin
2011-08-05, 03:19 PM
The battle had gone extremely well, but things could quickly go sour if one if the kobolds managed to escape. The fire beetle turned to attack the last of The group of three, mandibles discount ominously. Attack: [roll]1d20+1[roll/]
[roll0]

Alistair waited, gripping the make-shift staff, unsure he could add much to The fight, but ready to move as necessary.

Starbin
2011-08-05, 03:23 PM
Sang fat fingers!
Attack: [roll0] ... take two!

EDIT:GGGAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

gunnar11
2011-08-05, 04:50 PM
Sky immediatly responded as the kobald ran away. He charged full speed launching his sword forward.
"You're not getting away!" and let out a sound resembling a primal roar

Attack: [roll0] (did I do that correctly? +3 BAB and +2 rush?)

OOC: I guess the forum too that: "Take two" too literally, right Starbin?

Moranica
2011-08-05, 07:41 PM
While the fire beetle manages to get one of his pincers stuck on a branch on the ground, Sky has more success. Quickly he sprints for the kobold and runs him through. The kobold is dead.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-08-06, 08:10 PM
Sudden leap: [roll0]

Cassandra quickly leaps over the fire beetle. She then dashes towards the sergeant and attacks.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-08-06, 08:17 PM
Can't roll on edits.

[roll0]

[roll1]

Hiro Protagonest
2011-08-06, 08:40 PM
A critical!

[roll0]

[roll1]

Moranica
2011-08-07, 04:19 AM
The sergeant is riddled with hits and bites, laying bare muscle and bone, bleeding heavily, the kobold holds it's ground.

"..yup, yup yup YUP!!"

Draconic
You may kill me, but the tribe will find you. Now DIE!!

He swings at the last attacker (cassie). [roll0]; [roll1] And then falls to the ground.

To the IC thread!

Moranica
2011-08-12, 05:29 AM
Alright, you can approach the camp till about 150 ft. without getting noticed and needing hide/move silently. So put yourself in the white rows/collums surrounding the map (https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlNaDsQn_gQ2dGFZQjBQa1dPVkNNbWNMWlNxcHFyb Wc&hl=en_US).

gunnar11
2011-08-12, 01:44 PM
Ok, placed Sky already

Spot check: [roll0]

darkillini
2011-08-12, 03:41 PM
BS is down and ready to get dirty
spot
[roll0]

*edit* can we get a new battle thread.. i swear we can't roll worth a darn on this one...

gunnar11
2011-08-12, 03:45 PM
BS is down and ready to get dirty
spot
[roll0]

*edit* can we get a new battle thread.. i swear we can't roll worth a darn on this one...

Hey! A 15 is not that bad!
And besides, I've got one crit already...
You're good out-of-combat, and I roll good in-combat, deal with it. (or use more non-roll-based maneuvers)

Starbin
2011-08-12, 05:11 PM
Alistair readied himself, preparing to move forward to the spot Briarscale identified. He maintained a steady count as indicated earlier, knowing that part of the plan required surprise and coordination.

Moving slowly north from his current position. Once w/in 35 ft of the square the 4 southern kobolds are clustered, will cast Conjure Ice Beast I (Giant Fire Beetle w/Ice Beast template).

Spot check: [roll0]
If necessary -
Move Silent check: [roll1]
Hide check: [roll2]

Spells in effect:
Longstrider (+10 ft move)
Magic Stone (3 stones, 1d6+1 damage, magic weapons)

Show
2011-08-12, 10:56 PM
Isryn narrows his eyes, tugging at his clothing and generally fidgeting around in a burst of sudden anxiety as he waits for the attack to begin.

Initiative: [roll0]

He gives Alistair a nervous grin, ready at any moment to go into action.

Spiderclimb invoked, naturally. :smalltongue:

Show
2011-08-12, 11:09 PM
Spot Check: [roll0]

Moranica
2011-08-13, 08:11 AM
Sky's keen eyes, spot another Kobold on the lookout.

Alright, put Cassie next to Alistair. Post your actions for this round, if you move closer, I will need hide and move silently checks.

Once the kobolds know you're here, I will roll initiative and the battle gets on. Until then the kobolds will hold as they are.

gunnar11
2011-08-13, 09:17 AM
Sky, while spotting the new kobold, approaches the one on square AO33, as soon as the new kobold looks away. He fastly attacks that one, trying to kill him before he can raise alarm.

checks coming in five minutes

gunnar11
2011-08-13, 09:39 AM
Move Silently: [roll0]
Hide: [roll1]

Attack (Primary Hand): [roll2]
Damage (Primary Hand): [roll3]

Attack (Off-Hand) [roll4]
Damage (Off-Hand) [roll5]

Additional notes:
-For future reference Primary Hand will be written as: PH and Off-Hand will be written as: OH
If Sky is caught while walking to the kobold on square AO33 (wow, I remembered) then he will charge (if not possible: run) and attack.

gunnar11
2011-08-13, 09:41 AM
PH Critical:

Crit Attack: [roll0]
Crit Damage: [roll1]

darkillini
2011-08-13, 01:12 PM
at the 5 minute mark as he was counting briarscale draws out his holly branch and begins to chant the words of the summoning, feeling the energy he channeled begin to chill his body. as the chill grew he focused it into the branch, watching it glint as ice crystals began to grow on it. he drew upon his knowledge of the wild summoning the form of the wolf in his mind, willing the ice to take its shape before him.

seeing the ice take his desired form he bid it to go spit it's icy death upon the spawn before him.
it sprints forth and rushes towards the largest group before stopping and spewing forth a large plume of ice and cold air in a large cone.

after the beast is spawned forth briarscale moves foreword 40 feet and begins calling forth more icy energy.

damage rolls.
ok the beast is firing a 30 foot cone. it should hit all the beasts in that large cluster. dc 11 reflex save for each kobald to take half damage.
(i numbered the kobalds near the fire, hope thats ok.)
X1 [roll0]
X2 [roll1]
X3 [roll2]
X4 [roll3]
X5 [roll4]
X6 [roll5]
X7 [roll6]
X8 [roll7]

and briarscale begins casting, with his standard action in the surprise round, so his move action next round is wasted to finish casting.

Starbin
2011-08-13, 05:17 PM
Once 5 minutes elapsed, Alistair reached deep within to speed himself up. Moving quickly forward, he summoned for a holy giant beetle, but this time it was encased in ice. "Go forth, my friend, and wreak havoc upon them."

The small icy beetle scuttled forward, attacking one of the kobolds.

Once he was complete, Alistair prepared to move forward again.

Activating Travel Devotion. Swift action to move forward to R45, Standard Action to Cast Conjure Ice Beast I (celestial beetle w/ice beast template). Ice Beast charges kobold (X12 @ B34).
EDIT: Holy Crappers, these things suck!

Show
2011-08-13, 11:35 PM
Isryn sprints forward through the forest as the ambush begins, running towards the scout he knew was nearby, hands already crackling with eldritch energy in anticipation of nearby foes.

Moranica
2011-08-14, 07:16 AM
As Sky sneaks to the kobold he is spotted. Quickly he charges and manages to kill it, unfortunatly, not before the creature let's out a loud shouting yap.

Briarscale calls forth one of his devastating ice beasts. The cone of cold it emits kills the closest two instantly, and pisses off a lot of other kobolds.

Alistair quickly follows suit, but his ice beast fails to hit even the off guard kobold. Cassie remains close by to protect him.

Isryn moves right next to one of the guards, who seems surprised, but quickly moves to strike.

The camp now realises what's going on and springs into action.

Initiative
Briarscale [roll0]
Alistair [roll1]
Ysrin [roll2]
Sky [roll3]
Cassandra [roll4]

Kobolds [roll5]

Initiative blocks
1. Cassandra
2. Kobolds
3. Rest

Moranica
2011-08-14, 02:49 PM
Cassie notices the kobold that was hiding and readies an action, should it come to close to alistair.

Quickly the kobolds take action. Orders are shouted and kobolds start running around. Two guard kobolds appear out of nowhere and charge Briarscale and Cassandra. BS [roll0]; [roll1], C [roll2]; [roll3] Another moves next to Sky, but doesn't have time to strike. The one next to Isryn takes a step back and throws a potion at him. Ranged touch [roll4]; [roll5]. On miss [roll6] and take 1 damage. It bursts into flames as the glass breaks. (alchemist fire (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/goodsAndServices.htm#alchemistsFire))

Others move towards Briarscale and Isryn. The one high up in the tree uses his sling to try and hit Isryn. [roll7]; [roll8]

Two groups of kobolds take on the ice beasts. BS ice beast is getting surounded and two potions fly in it's direction.
[roll9]; [roll10]. On miss [roll11] and take 1 damage.
[roll12]; [roll13]. On miss [roll14] and take 1 damage.

For the ice beast from Alistair they use a different approach. The stab it with spears.
[roll15]; [roll16]
[roll17]; [roll18]
[roll19]; [roll20]

From the door in the hut come 3 more kobolds. Two of them are shouting louder then the rest, and carry swords.

Spot DC 12
In the building windows are opened, two on each side, with kobolds behind it.

Initiative blocks
3. Rest
1. Cassandra
2. Kobolds

gunnar11
2011-08-14, 03:22 PM
Sky hears the screams that the kobolds make to inform each other and begins to panic: Damnit! We've been found. It's all my stupid fault! If I just could be more stealthy! He notices how one kobold runs towards him, but by the time the kobold is next to him he already planned his movement.

PH Attack:[roll0]
PH Damage:[roll1]

OH Attack:[roll2]
OH Damage:[roll3]

I'm gonna KILL HIM!! He rages.

Moranica
2011-08-14, 03:28 PM
Forgot Cassandra's readied action triggering.

[roll0]; [roll1]

darkillini
2011-08-14, 03:40 PM
ok time for a long (hopefully dice god blessed turn)

IBW1
angered by the flames licking at its ice haunches the ice wolf turns and attacks X8 biting at its throat
[roll0] [roll1]

BS
briarscale gnashes his teeth against the almost horrid blow the kobald had delivered through his new armor, stupid, should have known kobalds knew the weaknesses in their own armor. luckily he hadn't been at a crucial part of his spell, and was able to recover.
stepping deftly away from the offending kobald he finishes his spell calling forth another ice beast from his mind next to a group of 2 kobalds. before snarling his teeth and shifting his form to that of a scaled wolf and prepared himself to bite the beast if it came near again
( 5foot step away, move action: finish 1 round action, swift shift to predator, standard ready action to bite attack next kobald that came near him.)

IBW2
(summoned to W13)
roars out as it freezes the air around him, before turning and charging at another group of kobalds approaching isryn (attacking X13)

cold damage to x5 and X6 at its turn start
X5 [roll2]
X6 [roll3]

attack on X13
[roll4] [roll5] *edit* should be 17 due to +2 charge

**also X8 should get hit by 1 fire damage from alch fire as well due to the no8 direction miss i believe

Starbin
2011-08-14, 04:24 PM
The blows of the kobolds slid off the ice encased skin of the beetle, finding no purchase on it's toughened hide. The chill in the air struck each of the kobolds, freezing their very blood

U35[roll0]
V34[roll1]
W35[roll2]

If any of the kobolds survive, then the ice beetle will attack one (One of the flankers first, after that it doesn't matter).
If the kobolds all die, then the ice beetle will charge Z27
Attack: [roll3] (add +2 for charge)
Damage: [roll4]

Alistair blinked at the kobold nearby, then stepped nearby to aid Cassie.
5ft Step to Q44
Attack: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]

Show
2011-08-14, 09:32 PM
Isryn hurls an eldritch blast at the kobold directly in front of him, hardly breaking stride as a sling bullet bounces off his head in an irritatingly painful fashion. Without seeing the result, he immediately ducks behind a nearby tree, hoping to avoid any more sling-related pain.

Touch Attack: [roll0]
Move to AN-14.

Edit: YESSS. A hit at last.
I'm aiming at the kobold in AK-11, if that needs clarification.

Moranica
2011-08-15, 10:59 AM
Cassie
[roll0]; [roll1]
[roll2]; [roll3]

Moranica
2011-08-15, 11:09 AM
Sky goes absolutely berserk at the attacking kobold, almost literally cutting off it supply of air by swinging in front of it's face so much. The kobold dodges the attempt.

The icy wolf follows suit and misses. The newly appeared wolf deals some more damage to the two kobold, leaves them heavily damaged and charges another kobold, killing it in an instant.

Ice beetle cold swirls around, damaging the surrounding kobolds. Killing one of them outright.

Alistair moves in to help Cassandra, but it doesn't do much good.

Isryn on the other hits the kobold nearest to him, doing major damage to the thin frame of the creature. Immediatly after, the kobold charges to retailiate, but falls dead after a couple of steps.

The two kobolds, that where horribly damaged by the cold, throws their potions at Briarscale, before falling to the ground, dead. Ranged touch [roll0]; [roll1], [roll2]; [roll3]

One kobold (X8) stabs at the ice wolf, before dropping dead. [roll4]; [roll5]. Another close by attempts a charge, but never makes it before he dies. (X3)

The two kobolds near the beetle stab it with their spears. Right after, one of them stops breathing and falls over. [roll6]; [roll7], [roll8]; [roll9]

The kobold near Briarscale attacks him. [roll10]; [roll11]. Alistairs blinking at the kobold is met with confusion, but the strike says it all. Quickly the creature strikes back at Alistair. Cassandra tries to hit is first, but both strikes miss (see post before). [roll12]; [roll13]

The kobold near Sky attacks him, while his friend comes charging in. [roll14]; [roll15], [roll16]; [roll17]

The new Ice wolf is charged right away, by three nearby kobolds. [roll18]; [roll19], [roll20]; [roll21], [roll22]; [roll23]

The old Ice wolf is charged by two angry looking kobolds. [roll24]; [roll25], [roll26]; [roll27]

Both sergeants at the door take a 5 ft step and drink a potion. The kobold next to them charges the Ice beetle. [roll28]; [roll29]

The treetopkobold tries to hit Isryn again. [roll30]; [roll31]

From the door appear two new kobold warriors (the normal kind).

Sling stones come flying from the windows. Two at each wolf.
Old [roll32]; [roll33], [roll34]; [roll35]
New [roll36]; [roll37], [roll38]; [roll39]
And two at the beetle as well. [roll40]; [roll41], [roll42]; [roll43]
Sky is the last target for the sling users inside the building. [roll44]; [roll45], [roll46]; [roll47]

Moranica
2011-08-15, 11:12 AM
Crits
For the one on the old wolf [roll0]; [roll1] [roll2]
And the one on Sky [roll3]; [roll4]

gunnar11
2011-08-15, 11:30 AM
Sky now really is furious. THESE DAMN KOBOLDS! Not only were they fighting him fair and square like it should be, but they were also throwing rocks at him! He really was angry now. I'm first going to kill these two, then the rest will die!
He made a turning motion, like a whirlwind, trying to slice both the kobolds in half. That one rock had hit him, and done some damage, but nothing unrepairable. Now they were going to pay for it.
In tenfold

gunnar11
2011-08-15, 11:34 AM
Raging seemed to be working fine as the slicing not only did great damage, but also hit vital spots:

PH Crit Attack:[roll0]
PH Crit Damage:[roll1]

And with a cool slowmotion movement he came to a halt. "It's your turn now..." he whispered, while looking towards the rest of them

darkillini
2011-08-15, 11:49 AM
Ok typing from phone forgive any errors.
The foolish kobald had steped close enough for his teeth to reach triggering his anticipated attck, snapping his jaws forewords he tried to rip the things head off with his bite, as a pot of fire crashed into his flank.
[roll0] [roll1]

(Ice damage for other wolf before it makes any actions)
the second ice wolf spun around, sending another wave of chill air flowing from it into the skin of the offending kobalds
topx [roll2]
mid x [roll3]
bot x [roll4]

Show
2011-08-15, 02:06 PM
Isryn pauses, pressing himself against the tree as another sling bullet flies harmlessly by him. He sprints across the dusty ground, holding his hand out toward the treetop kobold, almost as if in an invitation. The energy of his eldritch blast takes a moment to form in his hand before flying out towards the kobold scout in the treetop, tearing through the nearby foliage and sending it fluttering down to the ground, smoking.

Starbin
2011-08-15, 02:43 PM
Alistair gasped as the kobold's thrust was true. Fortunately, the spear slipped in the beast's hands at the last minute and only grazed the cleric across the stomach.

Flinching, he stepped to the side and swung the staff again, hopping to connect.

5ft step towards flanking.

However, closing his eyes didn't help his chance ...

EDIT - DAMN IT ... I knew I shouldn't have made that comment.

EDIT: As the kobolds attacked the icy beetle, their spears met with little resistance as the creature slowly disappeared from sight, leaving them alone and frostbitten ...

darkillini
2011-08-15, 02:47 PM
as the flames continue to burn from the potion, briarscale growls and turns his attention on a group closer to the parties healer. charging the group as his older wolf melts away.

fire damage to him from bloody alch fires [roll0]

move60 ft and bite attack on X4 [roll1] [roll2]

his remaining ice wolf snaps its jaws at the remaining kobald next to it
[roll3] [roll4]

Hiro Protagonest
2011-08-15, 02:58 PM
Cassandra quickly attacks the kobold next to her, punching and kicking.

[roll0] [roll1]

[roll2] [roll3]

Hiro Protagonest
2011-08-15, 02:59 PM
[roll0]

[roll1]

Moranica
2011-08-15, 04:01 PM
Sky goes continues his rampage. This time, he makes contact and guts one of the kobolds. The other loses an arm, but makes one last attempt to strike back, before falling to the ground. [roll0]; [roll1]

Briarscale is flaming, and not only with anger and he tears apart one of the kobolds. (flames are now gone) He then charges another, but misses.

The latest Icewolf uses his frosty breath on the kobolds. Right away, two succumb to the horrible ice forming inside them. The last one strikes back. [roll2]; [roll3]

Isryn misses with his blast, the agile kobold dodging it. It returns fire. [roll4]; [roll5]

Alistair misses as well, but Cassandra quickly moves in. A quick blow to the mid section breaks some ribs, which in turn puncture vital organs. The now dead kobold swirves on it's feet, but Cassandra finishes it off with a powerfull SHORYUKEN!!, severing the head from the rest of the body.

Some quick commands fly round and one kobold makes a break for it. (x1)

Another steps up to Briarscale and stabs. [roll6]; [roll7]

Seeing there men get slaughtered. Both sergeants and troops retreat back inside, closing the door. The one kobold that remained near the beetle runs for the door, but is to late. His banging isn't answered.

Another rain of stones come from the windows.
Two at Sky [roll8]; [roll9], [roll10]; [roll11]
Two at Cassandra [roll12]; [roll13], [roll14]; [roll15]
Two at Briarscale [roll16]; [roll17], [roll18]; [roll19]
Two at Isryn [roll20]; [roll21], [roll22]; [roll23]

darkillini
2011-08-15, 04:08 PM
briarscale angry at missing his target lashes out with both scorched claws, and a bite at the 2 kobalds in front of him (starting with x4, if it dies rest directed at X7) his fur scorched black and falling off in some parts, he looks like a whirling ball of ash.
claw 1[roll0] [roll1]
claw 2 [roll2] [roll3]
bite [roll4] [roll5]

darn, oh great dice god i will sacrifice a fine hunk of pork for your favor today!

Show
2011-08-15, 04:37 PM
Isryn grits his teeth as another salvo of bullets strikes him with uncanny accuracy. Blinded for a moment by the pain and adrenaline, he screams a word of the dark tongue as a wave of pure dark energy flows towards the kobold, seeping into its' sling even as it holds it with malicious power.

DC 15 will save, or sling is shattered. Muaha!

As more bullets fly from the kobolds' hut, Isryn runs back towards the now fairly safe tree, hoping to avoid any further bullets.

They should at least be aquiring some nice(-2) penalties for their attacks now. Between that and cover... I think I might survive! :smallbiggrin:

gunnar11
2011-08-15, 05:38 PM
Sky doesn't seem to find any targets nearby and calms a little bit down. He then notices the fleeing kobold. What!? Trying to escape!? None of you damn beasts will escape! His rage arises again. He's not happy with his friends being attacked like that. He runs to R33 chasing the fleeing kobold.
While running, he studies the behaviour, moving and attacks of the kobolds, missing him time after time. Especially the fleeing one, to see any patterns in his movements.
Suddenly he sees Briar, burned, stabbed. Not my friends...
Anger is the only thing driving him now. They will pay, every single one of them...

Edit: Didn't know the squares were 5ft, so I changed Sky's whole action. Also, it made the roleplay better ^^

Starbin
2011-08-15, 05:49 PM
Alistair stumbled a bit as the swing of his staff completely missed the kobold and spun him around. Flinching at the sound of exploding flesh, the cleric cried out "Gah!", before opening his eyes. Looking around, he saw Cassie standing there next to the headless body of a kobold.

Blinking, Alistair stuttered, "G-g-good job!" then looked around the battlefield. The landscape had changed, with one kobold fleeing away, which the others rushed to lock themselves inside the building. Isryn and Sky seemed to be okay, but what drew his attention to the north was the smoking form of Briarscale. The poison dusk lizard looked nearly dead, flames fluttering on his scaly skin.

With determination in his eyes, Alistair clinched his jaws and took a deep breath. He knew he was no good at fighting - never had been. But one thing he didn't do was abandon a friend in need. With blurring speed, Alistair sped across the clearing to the other side, moving to behind Briarscale. Soon, he would bring the soothing caress of his spells to diminutive druid.

Swift Action and two move actions to reach Briarscale (120 ft range).

Hiro Protagonest
2011-08-16, 01:09 PM
Cassandra quickly runs towards the building entrance.

Moranica
2011-08-16, 04:22 PM
Briarscale starts shredding again, taking out one of the kobolds. The other retalliates for his fallen comrade. [roll0]; [roll1]

Isryn takes it's vengeance, but fails. The sling holds together. [roll2]

Lot's of movement going on. The door closes shut, as do the windows. The runner quickly makes his getaway.

darkillini
2011-08-16, 04:46 PM
Briarscale knowing there was a running kobald to cath decides to make short work of the final on before him, rending and tearing with claw and tooth.
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]

He will then shift back to regular form and say burn it down, they will have to come out pointing a claw at the house.

gunnar11
2011-08-16, 04:57 PM
Before Briarscale came back Sky already had thought of that idea himself. He moved 30ft to the fire and began throwing pieces of wood from the fire to the house, hoping it would catch on fire and smoke the kobolds out.

Show
2011-08-16, 04:59 PM
Isryn ducks back out from the tree, glaring daggers at the kobold in the tree as he attacks it again, sending a burst of purple fire surging up his arms for a brief moment as his emotions manifest themselves.

Moranica
2011-08-17, 07:15 AM
The last two kobolds outside the building (with BS and in the tree) are quickly dispatched, leaving only the dead bodies and a locked up building in the campsite with the group.

The building is made of a simple mud and wood structure, with a roof made of leaves and straw. Just a couple of burning sticks on the roof, and you quickly realise why the fire was made outside. It catches fire immediatly and turns into a hot inferno within the minute. Ten minutes later it comes crashing down, sparks flying everywhere and taking with it, two of the walls (north and west wall). The collapsed building burns and smolders, and you realise it will take a long time, before it will be cool enough to search the rubble.

Moranica
2011-10-23, 02:31 PM
Briarscale [roll0]
Alistair [roll1]
Ysrin [roll2]
Sky [roll3]
Cassandra [roll4]

Something [roll5]

Initiative blocks
1. Something
2. Sky

Moranica
2011-10-23, 02:34 PM
Something reloads a crossbow.

2. Sky
1. Something.

darkillini
2011-10-23, 02:35 PM
wait why do we have initiatives, if were not involved?

Starbin
2011-10-23, 02:37 PM
I'm guessing it's preparatory ... there should be some sort of indicator for the rest of us (like a fireball in Sky's face ... or a crossbow bolt ... or a large bat flying out ... or whatever ...) :smallbiggrin:

Moranica
2011-10-23, 02:43 PM
It all depends on Sky really. :smallbiggrin:

Briar, go ahead and make a spot check. DC 18

gunnar11
2011-10-23, 02:45 PM
I attack the something (untill it falls unconcious)

OH Attack:[/b[[roll1]
[b]PH Damage:[roll2]

darkillini
2011-10-23, 03:05 PM
spot check [roll0]

Moranica
2011-10-23, 03:17 PM
What did you attack with? It hits once!

It returns fire. [roll0]; [roll1]

darkillini
2011-10-23, 03:22 PM
surrendering to the frenzy of his predator form for the first time in a while is a refreshing change of pace for him, however for once he attempts to control the fury, pushing it to only increase his bodys strength instead of his blood lust.
briarscale charges the "something" attempting to merely knock it out instead of ripping its head off in a moment of mental tranquility.

*edit* using his bite attack*end edit*
attack[roll0] (includes -4 for attempting non lethal, and +2 for charge)
non lethal damage [roll1]

gunnar11
2011-10-23, 03:24 PM
My swords of course :smallbiggrin:

Sky hits the something, missing on the first strike, barely avoiding the bolt it fired. Sky didn't want to kill this thing, he still had some questions, but taking him out was the first thing to do here.

OH Attack:[roll1]
PH Damage:[roll2]

Moranica
2011-10-23, 03:50 PM
The kobold corpse is heavily damaged by Sky. It responds by reloading the crossbow.

Show
2011-10-23, 03:57 PM
Isryn jumps into action only a fraction of a second before the group's scholar, jumping off the wall he had been leaning on and half-sprinting down the hall. He notes his companions pulling their blows, and cranes his neck in an attempt to see what lies at the center of the growing melee.

Is this all right?

Moranica
2011-10-23, 04:13 PM
As Isryn reaches the door, closely followed by Alistair, he spots Sky and Briairscale (in predatory form) fighting with a kobold.... A kobold whose rotting flesh falls off his skinny bones, while it slowly, but methodically wields a crossbow.

Starbin
2011-10-23, 04:24 PM
Alistair rounded the corner and frowned at the tableau before him. Reaching down to clutch his symbol with his left hand, he focused on that physical link to his goddess.

"What foul magik is this? Something has called this creature back from the grave! Begone, beast!"

Turn check: [roll0]
Turn damage (if any): [roll]2d6+3

Starbin
2011-10-23, 04:26 PM
Turn Check = Can affect undead up to 2 HD
Damage: [roll0]

Turning Details:
Effect and Duration of Turning
Turned undead flee from you by the best and fastest means available to them. They flee for 10 rounds (1 minute). If they cannot flee, they cower (giving any attack rolls against them a +2 bonus). If you approach within 10 feet of them, however, they overcome being turned and act normally. (You can stand within 10 feet without breaking the turning effect—you just can’t approach them.) You can attack them with ranged attacks (from at least 10 feet away), and others can attack them in any fashion, without breaking the turning effect.

Destroying Undead
If you have twice as many levels (or more) as the undead have Hit Dice, you destroy any that you would normally turn.

Moranica
2011-10-23, 04:27 PM
Alistair divine power utterly destroys the thing. Blowing several of it's limbs in opposite directions.

20 xp each.

In the room is, again a chest, and the crossbow from the koboldthing with 8 bolts.

Moranica
2011-12-03, 09:11 AM
Initiative
Briarscale [roll0]
Alistair [roll1]
Ysrin [roll2]
Sky [roll3]

Kobold [roll4]

Kobold skeletons [roll5]

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlNaDsQn_gQ2dGFZQjBQa1dPVkNNbWNMWlNxcHFyb Wc)

You surprise them, so one surprise round. Put yourselves in the slightly lighter area behind K. Brown is wall, not so brown is not wall. Black is a long way down.

Show
2011-12-03, 10:36 PM
Noticing the commotion from deeper within the caves, Isryn silently creeps forward. He fluidly moves along the wall as the others spring into action, the tips of his extended, arched fingers and careworn shoes unnaturally clinging to the rough stone in his flitting charade of demons and shadows.

Move G36 to H33.

Should I assume 10 foot high ceilings, for calculation purposes? I would think of it realistically as something like 7-8, but I figure there's enough room to squeeze in there... :smalltongue:
It's not that I'm trying to increase my AC, I'm just trying to, um, further... uh... story quality...?

Yeah, I just want to get away from being stabbed.

Other thing: If the skeletons haven't noticed him yet (and that it's sufficiently dark or conceal...ful down here, Isryn will keep hiding and moving silently. 13 in each, assuming taking 10 is an option. If I must roll:
Hide: [roll0]
Move silently: [roll1]

gunnar11
2011-12-04, 05:40 AM
Before Isryn could move into action (yea, nice try), Sky was already on the move. He leaped up to the kobold, right next to him and began attacking him. His swords slashed up and down, left and right, leaving the kobold no opening at all, but not hitting him either.

Starbin
2011-12-04, 06:38 AM
Alistair watched as the others moved, raising his symbol high and feeding his faith into it. As the silence lifted and moved forward with Sky, Alistair's voice could be heard by the others. "Begone mockeries of life, restless puppets of an evil master. Return to your slumber and rest forever more!"

Turn Check (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/specialAttacks.htm#turnOrRebukeUndead): [roll0]; Turn Damage: [roll1]
Here we go!

EDIT: Well, we knew when it counted I'd screw up the roll ... looks like I can turn 14 1-HD critters ... here's hoping that's all they are!

Moranica
2011-12-04, 02:49 PM
Before Isryn could move into action (yea, nice try), Sky was already on the move. He leaped up to the kobold, right next to him and began attacking him. His swords slashed up and down, left and right, leaving the kobold no opening at all, but not hitting him either.

The Kobold, is the guy you found in the room, not one of the skellies. I have no problem with you attacking him, just making sure you are hitting the one you want. :smallbiggrin:

gunnar11
2011-12-04, 02:59 PM
The Kobold, is the guy you found in the room, not one of the skellies. I have no problem with you attacking him, just making sure you are hitting the one you want. :smallbiggrin:

Ahum.. ahum....
I don't get the skyrim damage x30 right? Then I will go to the other ones :smalltongue:
If it's possible I'll charge the other ones, but I believe I can't, in which case I'll move hidingly towards them:
Move Silently:[roll0]
Hide:[roll1]

darkillini
2011-12-04, 06:14 PM
Bs winces as he notices that they are all skeletons, and he would be unlikely to hurt them with his tooth and claw attacks. rummaging through some of their supplies he grabs a good piece that looks like a suitable club (pending approval of morainica, as a club has a cost of 0) with that in hand he moves to engage those skeletons that come near the group. ready to bash with the club, and use his other claw, and bite attack as secondaries.

ready action to bash with the club if they come near.

Moranica
2011-12-05, 05:27 PM
Everyone moves into position. Some seek shelter behind some rocks, others climb the walls to stay out of reach. Briarscale and the kobold move into position to intercept the kobold skeletons.....

Then Alistair steps forward, holding his now brightly glowing holy symbol up in front of him and speaks: "Begone mockeries of life, restless puppets of an evil master. Return to your slumber and rest forever more!"

A small shockwave seems to eminate from him, which wavers out in all direction. As it reaches the first skeleton, it crumbles to the ground in a big pile of bones..... seconds later, all of the skeletons have been reduced to piles of bones.

Victory is still uncertain however, cause more skeletons can be heard approaching from deeper in the cave.

Your round/turn again

darkillini
2011-12-05, 07:16 PM
Bs moves foreword more with his club, claws, and teeth ready. in order to get a better view of anything coming up the stairwell, or thats further down the hallway.

(move + readied action to swing at something that comes nearby.)

Show
2011-12-05, 10:49 PM
Isryn, lent confidence by Alistair's holy power and by the bounds of his enhanced vision, rushes forward, eyes sweeping the twisting corners of the cave. Hoping that Briarscale is ready to handle anything in the direction of the ominous stairwell, he takes up a position facing the looming darkness of the deeper cave.

A familiar crackling faintly echoes against the natural sounds of the cave as his hands light up with eldritch energy in expectation of danger.

darkillini
2011-12-06, 11:15 AM
Gonna add a free adction shout to BS turn move up, we will be dealing with wavesss advance after each wave or we will never get to the target.

Starbin
2011-12-06, 11:36 AM
Alistair followed the others, gripping his staff and symbol. He wanted to wait for another attempt to disperse the undead, since he probably could only do it once more today. The effort was spiritually draining.

Moving up, readied action to strike anything evil within melee.

Moranica
2011-12-08, 05:06 PM
Sky, you can still update your position.

A couple more skeleton kobolds arrive, and Isryn sees more coming from deeper in the cave.

darkillini
2011-12-08, 05:13 PM
again BS moves forword to intercept those coming towords the group.

-ready action to hit the first one that comes near him.

Show
2011-12-08, 05:40 PM
As the first kobolds move into range, Isryn takes a moment to collect his thoughts. He quickly steps to the side to get a clear shot before a violent flux of energy bursts from his outstretched hand, cutting the murky air as it flies towards the nearer skeleton.

TOUCH ATTACK!
Critical Confirm: [roll2]
Critical Damage:[roll3]

gunnar11
2011-12-10, 02:37 PM
Sky fights the first foe he faces.

Starbin
2011-12-10, 04:44 PM
Alistair moved forward, following the group, holding his symbol and staff. He leaned forward to whisper, then realized he was silenced by the rock Sky carried.

Move to S31, holding a standard action to attack anything w/in range.

Moranica
2011-12-11, 05:48 PM
The group lines up to intercept any incoming skeletons. A ball of violent energy flies towards the nearest skeleton, destroying it instantly. The other charges the kobold warrior, but quickly finds it skull flying through the air, knocked off by the greatsword.

The two skeletons further away charge, but fall short and stop several feet before the group. Three more appear from deeper in the cave.

More approach from the sound of it.

Listen DC 20
Actually, from the sound of it, heavier footsteps are approaching.

Show
2011-12-11, 07:27 PM
Isryn gives a slight grin at his success and repeats his previous gesture, sending another flux of energy streaking by the shoulder of the nearer skeleton. As Alistair and Sky appear behind him, he circles around the advancing skeletons to make room. Glancing further into the cave, he glimpses three more advancing skeletons. Hoping he can hold up to the stress of a prolonged battle, he narrows his eyes and prepares to attack again.

Confirm critical: [roll2]
Potential crit damage: [roll3]

gunnar11
2011-12-12, 04:27 AM
Sky, seeing how the skeletons stood a bit short on speed, sprinted slashing at their skulls with his sword.

Listen:[roll0]
/notsureaboutthisroll-Icouldn'taccessmythweavers@school

PH Attack:[roll1]
PH Damage:[roll2]
OH Attack:[roll3]
OH Damage:[roll4]

PH Crit Confirm:[roll5]
OH Crit Confirm:[roll6]

Starbin
2011-12-12, 07:16 AM
Alistair moved forward carefully, hoping to help his friends but knowing combat was not his strong suit. While more skeletons arrived, he was concerned about what else might be coming. He held back his divine presence for now and concentrated on battlefield control.

Moving to V29, Readied action to strike anything that nears me. Figure BS will move up and we'll create a bit of a battle line here.

Listen Check: [roll0]

Moranica
2011-12-13, 06:31 AM
Again, a bolt of energy leaves Isryn, flying at the skeletons ... and missing it and striking the wall behind them.

Closely following the bolt, now Sky seems to fly across the battlefield, sprinting towards the enemies. He strikes the skeleton in the side with his longsword, after which his shortsword swings wide. While the swings cracks one of the skeletons ribs, it doesn´t seem to hurt it much.

darkillini
2011-12-13, 02:28 PM
BS moves up next to sky smashing his club against the same one he swung at.

attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

listen [roll2]

Moranica
2011-12-13, 05:14 PM
Again, it are Briarscale and the kobold warrior that dispose of the incoming kobold skeletons, with mighty swings of their weapons.

The kobold mutters (draconic):
My poor fellow kobolds. Ix will pay for this, he will pay dearly.

The three nearby kobold skeletons charge Briarscale, the kobold and Alistair.

BS
[roll0]; [roll1]

K
[roll2]; [roll3]

A
[roll4]; [roll5]

darkillini
2011-12-13, 06:28 PM
ooc*: where is the kobald on the map right now? i assume he should have been moved next to me to be able to swing like that? also are the three kobalds in front of me and sky all still "alive"

Show
2011-12-13, 11:11 PM
Once again performing an arcane gesture with his hand, Isryn once again fires a burst of energy at the skeleton between its swings at the venerable Alistair.

darkillini
2011-12-14, 02:50 PM
briarscale growls as the blow glances of his armor, failing to pierce it at all.
in a savage move he swings the club again mere moments after he grabs hold of one and attempts to tear bones from it with his jaws. (don't know which on the map are still alive or not)

attack with club [roll0]
damage [roll1]

bite attack [roll2]
damage [roll3]

*crit confirm from ooc roll 21, damage roll 3*

gunnar11
2011-12-14, 05:27 PM
Sky was now completely infuriated. Not only where these things difficult to hit, but it didn't affect them that much at all either! And now this one was trying to hit him. AND MORE COMING!

Sky was done with it. His whole life had been a disaster. He had to dispose of this anger, and the skeleton was the one closest to take it.

Initiating Rage

PH Attack:
PH Damage: [roll1]
OH Attack: [roll] 1d20+5
OH Damage: [roll2]

Moranica
2011-12-20, 04:56 PM
Sky bellows out a cry of rage and anger. He takes it out on the skeleton, swinging his swords wildly, but failing to do any damage.

Isryn shows once again, how fragile these skeleton kobolds really are. The blast from his hands take it apart, sending bones everywhere. Briarscale quickly follows suit, hitting it with his club and then biting down hard on the skull, which normally is a weak spot for kobolds. It doesn't seem to hurt more then the club hit though. The combined damage is enough to send the skeleton to the ground.

Alistair swings at the last remaining skeleton. Hitting, and damaging it badly. The kobold warrior quickly joins the fray and battleline, finishing up Alistairs hit with another skeleton finished.

All kobold skeletons lay destroyed now.

Further back in the cave, more skeleton bones can be heard approaching.

Listen DC 10
More skeleton bones approach, these seem heavier though.

Show
2011-12-20, 05:56 PM
Listen: [roll0]

Isryn narrows his eyes, concerned by the sounds he hears. After a glance at the slowly accumulating pile of kobold bones, he returns to a ready stance, prepared to attack the first skeleton which dares to enter within range.

Starbin
2011-12-20, 06:26 PM
Alistair gripped his staff and eyed the cavern nervously. Looking to the kobold, he whispered in the warrior's native tongue, "What other creatures might this Iz of yours bent to his necromatic will?"

Listen check: [roll0]. Can't view the map from work, but figure I'll stay with the group until we see more of these things.

gunnar11
2011-12-21, 08:31 AM
Listen[roll0]

Sky held his breath as his anger ebbed away. Something's coming, guys. And it's something heavier than these skeletons, I believe...
Sky readied himself to strike the first thing that came into view; to charge and possibly kill it in one blow.

darkillini
2011-12-23, 04:51 PM
listen [roll0]

hearing more coming, briarscale motions the group foreword saying "we continue foreword, or we will be sstuck here, alisstair quickly assk your new friend here which way we need to advance to reach thisss ix while quickly taking a moment to search the area around for a suitable club for sky as well. (roll in ooc)

Starbin
2011-12-24, 07:11 AM
Alistair glanced further into the caves. "I think we shall face larger animated bones, I fear. I am also not certain the kobold knows exactly where this Ix is, especially if it has been decades since he has left the room upstairs. But I shall ask, none-the-less."

Translating to draconic, Alistair would pose the question about Ix's whereabouts, in addition to the question he asked earlier.

If there is no answer soon, Alistair might move forward and summon a bug to join the fight ...

PS - Happy Holidays!

Moranica
2012-01-03, 06:14 PM
The kobold is about to answer you, when a large creature rounds the corner.

In the background you hear him say: "We captured a couple of trolls once, but not much else. Hehe, they were excellent for providing fresh meat."

And the creature is just that. A large troll skeleton, wielding a large pickaxe appears. It approaches as it spots you.

Happy holidays everyone!!

Also, your turn in the initiative block.

Show
2012-01-03, 07:29 PM
Isryn's eyes widen as the beast rounds the corner. Wordlessly, he throws another eldritch blast at the hulking troll skeleton.

Confirm: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Not a crit, sadly. Ah well, someday...

darkillini
2012-01-04, 04:40 AM
1 question, was it our "friend" kobald that said that?

enough of thisss im sick of these foul beasstss play thingss. spouts BS as he gives in to the fury that lies latent in his primal forms, shifting to his beast form and charging the troll's skeleton, his teeth ripping at its skeletal form.

attack [roll0] (+5 str, +2 base, +1 size, +2 charge)
damage [roll1]

if crit threat
[roll2]
[roll3]

ac for round: 18.

gunnar11
2012-01-04, 07:36 AM
The moment BS speaks, Sky knows what to do. He notices BS getting into a sprint, and Sky himself now charges too. Careful to not charge into BS he strikes the skeleton troll.

Attack PH:
Attack OH:[roll1]
Damage PH:[roll2]
Damage OH:[roll3]

Crit Conf PH:[roll4]
Crit Conf OH:[roll5]
Damage PH:[roll6]
Damage OH:[roll]1d8+2

Starbin
2012-01-04, 11:34 AM
Alistair watched the huge skeleton step forward, amazed at the size of the bones. "Interesting! I wonder what studies have been done to ascertain when the regenerative properties of a troll cease to function? As an animated construct, will this skeletal structure still maintain those properties, or are these simply a set of larger bones? I wonder ..."

Murmuring to himself, the priest steps forward and begins to cast a spell. From the aether, a form emerges, an icy beetle that attacks upon arrival.

Casting Conjure Ice Beast (Celestial Beetle with Frost touch) to AD32. Full Round action, so I guess it arrives at my initiative next round.

PS - unless he has pounce or similar ability, I don't think sky can attack multiple times (even with two weapons); In 3.5 you need a special ability or full round action to attack more than once. Of course, you may know something I don't ... in that case, go get 'em! :smallbiggrin:

Moranica
2012-01-04, 03:30 PM
The words came from the friendly kobold indeed.

Starbin is right. No two attacks on a charge without special stuff.

Now that you have found a worthy opponent, you also notice more things about the kobolds fighting style. (rolls etc.)

The sight of a large troll skeleton clearly doesn't fase the group. Three of them charge right away, and each in their unique way. Briarscale changes shape and bites, Sky while swinging wildly with his swords and the kobold, shouting some stuff in draconic. Briarscale, Sky and the kobold all hit the skeleton, but Sky fails to deal any damage. The skeleton looks like it could fall apart soon as cracks form on the bones.

Kobold [roll0]; [roll1]

One of Isryn's purple orbs finds the mark and hits it in the face, knocking of small pieces of skull.

Alistair just stands there, murmering, without anything apparent happening.

The troll fights back, dropping it's large pickaxe and clawing and biting all around. It manages to land three hits, hurting it's enemies.

On BS [roll2]; [roll3]
On Kobold [roll4]; [roll5]
On Sky [roll6]; [roll7]

Starbin
2012-01-04, 04:05 PM
Alistair completed his spell and the icy beetle that appeared lunged forward to bite at the skeleton with its frosty pincers.

Attack: [roll0]; Damage (if needed): [roll1]

Once the beetle began its 'assault' on the monstrosity, Alistair started to edge around the cavern, seeking to see what lay beyond the troll skeleton.
Trying to stay on the edge of the cave, keeping out of reach, moving to get a view of the direction the skeleton came from.

Spells:0 - Light x2; Detect Magic x1; Cure Light Wounds x1
1 - Omen of Peril; Conjure Ice Beast; Conjure Ice Beast x1
2 - Resist Energy; Silence
D - Longstrider; Detect Thoughts

Spells/abilities in effect:
Knowledge Devotion bonuses +2 vs kobolds, +1 vs undead
Longstrider (+10ft base speed, for 3 hrs)
Silence (No sound 20ft around Sky, 3 min)
Resist Energy (DR 10 vs Fire on Briarscale, 30 min)

darkillini
2012-01-07, 02:16 PM
Bs growls when the troll hits his form, quickly turning and snapping his jaws at it once again.
[roll0]
[roll1]

If crit
[roll2]
[roll3]

Ac is 20 again.

gunnar11
2012-01-08, 10:13 AM
Sky, dumb as he is (and would not be able to find a job in the 21st century), slashes again with his sword, still not getting why it doesn't work.

Attack PH:[roll0]
Attack OH:[roll1]
Damage PH:[roll2]
Damage OH:[roll3]

Crit Confirm PH:[roll4]
Crit Confirm OH:[roll5]
Damage Confirm PH:[roll6]
Damage Confirm OH:[roll7]

Show
2012-01-08, 07:06 PM
Isryn, just glad to be safe for the moment from the angry troll, nervously fires another eldritch blast in the most hasty and distracted way possible.

Touch Attack: [roll0]

Moranica
2012-01-11, 04:36 PM
Briarscale and Sky took the beating and didn't flinch. They come down hard on the troll skeleton, both hitting it's legs. Large cracks form on the massive thighbones and it drops to it's knees. Quickly, the kobold swings to finish it off with his greatsword, but a purple ball wizzes past and strike it in the chest.

The animation magic has now completely broken down and it crumbles to the floor into a big pile of bones.

You hear no more footsteps.

Moranica
2012-01-28, 06:47 PM
Briarscale [roll0]
Alistair [roll1]
Ysrin [roll2]
Sky [roll3]

Kobold [roll4]

Skeleton Troll [roll5]

Map (cant get it to work from this laptop (work, hence blocked stuff). Will try again tomorrow from my desktop)

Basicly a 10 ft wide corridor, with the troll skeleton blocking the view and path.

Of course, I need to know which 2 are in front.

Moranica
2012-01-28, 06:49 PM
The troll skeleton doesn't seem to react much to your presence.

Starbin
2012-01-28, 06:53 PM
Alistair looked closely at the walls, curious about the architecture. "This area appears to have been worked, but it contains element of a more naturalized formation. I wonder if these are remnants of a lava tube ..."

KS (Architecture & Engineering): [roll0]
Lore (to determine if he can figure out where/what these mountains are: [roll1]

Glancing up, he sees the others tense and looks towards the end of the hall. Seeing the stationary troll, he frowns a bit. "Hold, friends. This particular construct might be subject to a specific compulsion, such as 'guard the corridor' or 'remain here until otherwise directed.' We may not need to initiate a conflict quite yet. Might I suggest we retreat back to the stairs?"

darkillini
2012-01-28, 06:59 PM
map link (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlNaDsQn_gQ2dGFZQjBQa1dPVkNNbWNMWlNxcHFyb Wc&hl=en_US#gid=4) to whats made right now (not sure if it is finished) BS will take one of the front 4 spots (he is on the map)

spells readied for the day still
0th
create water x2
dawn x1
read magic x1

1st
cure light wounds x1
conjure ice beast 1 x1
entangle x1

2nd
resist energy 1 x1
lesser restoration x1

I've got this...
growling to himself and feeling the recent wound prickling on his arm still Bs focuses some of the energy that the has for the day into a calling, willing a vortex to form from which an ally shall come forth to fight.

-burn lesser restoration to spontaneously summon nature's ally 2 (crocodile)

Starbin
2012-01-28, 07:38 PM
Blinking, Alistair simply stared as Briarscale ignored his suggestion. Muttering under his breath, he tightened his grip on the staff.

"Or you could simple do the opposite of what I recommended ...

Show
2012-01-29, 07:33 PM
Isryn, trying to get a better view of the tunnel (and out of the cramped space) climbs up the wall. From his position, he watches as Briarscale completes a summoning spell, waiting with bated breath for the troll's inevitable(and quite possibly deadly) reaction.

darkillini
2012-01-31, 07:40 PM
ok as it seems we get all the way back to Bs.. hoping this isn't just some skeletal remains I'm wasting a spell on..

as Bs completes his spell a crocodile walks from the vortex, moving foreword quickly to attack the skeletal troll. reaching the troll it quickly slaps at the troll with its thick tail.
attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

following on its heals BS shifts forms quickly and moves to attack as well. biting at the skeletal form as he reaches it.
bite attack (charge) [roll2]
damage [roll3]

Moranica
2012-02-01, 05:26 PM
Right in front of the troll, the ground begins to crack. With a loud crushing sound the ground breaks apart and falls down. Revealing a large pit.

Reflex save for the croc. DC 20 or it falls in. [roll0] falling damage, 20ft fall on fail.

darkillini
2012-02-03, 07:14 PM
reflex [roll0]
the crocadile rushes headlong into the pit, unaware of whats happening until it is already falling, it crashes hard on the ground. BS stopping short of the pit looks across, debating what to do now.

Moranica
2012-02-04, 12:41 PM
The skeleton remains motionless. Although the sharp viewer may have noticed the slight notice of movement, when the crocodile entered the squares in front of him.

Show
2012-02-05, 12:40 PM
Isryn, breathing shallowly and quietly, hesitantly creeps forward. He prepares to jump backward at any sign of movement from the troll.

Move silently: [roll0]
Moving at half speed, readying an action to flee at full speed if I see the skeleton make a move. I think that's about 5 ft. per round, so I'm going pretty slowly.

After reaching the troll (if there is no sign of movement), Isryn will try to check out the view behind it.

Starbin
2012-02-10, 02:54 PM
Alistair waited patiently to see what happened next with the troll. Glancing around, he looked for any other obvious (or not so obvious) traps, switches or items otherwise out of place.

Search: [roll0]

If necessary, he will pull forth the sling and add the weight of his bullets to the attack ...

Moranica
2012-02-10, 03:17 PM
Isryn, breathing shallowly and quietly, hesitantly creeps forward. He prepares to jump backward at any sign of movement from the troll.

Move silently: [roll0]
Moving at half speed, readying an action to flee at full speed if I see the skeleton make a move. I think that's about 5 ft. per round, so I'm going pretty slowly.

After reaching the troll (if there is no sign of movement), Isryn will try to check out the view behind it.

You manage to crawl past the troll, it doesn't react to you at all. When you look past it, you see the halway continue for a bit and then slowly widening.

Spot check!

Show
2012-02-12, 01:18 PM
[roll0]

Isryn lets out a brief and stifled sigh of relief.

Moranica
2012-02-14, 08:45 AM
Nothing but darkness awaits at the expanding end of the hallway.

Show
2012-02-14, 08:05 PM
Isryn turns back to his companions, shrugging at the skeleton's lack of reaction. He silently makes his way back to their position with practiced care before stepping back onto the uneven floor of the rough mine.

"No reaction, and I don't see much but darkness in the tunnel beyond that thing. Anyone got any ideas on how the rest of us can get past?"

Starbin
2012-02-15, 05:17 PM
Alistair peered into the pit, then looked back at the others. "It seems aside from spending an inordinant amount of time on constructing a suitable, makeshift bridge, our options are limited to either climbing across or ferrying folks in some manner. I recall Briarscale leaping across a river with all of us in tow ... perhaps something a little less jarring."

Thinking for a moment Alistair glanced at Isyrn. "If we have rope, I suppose it is possible to create a rope bridge ... or create a rope swing.

Got a few questions - has the entire floor fallen, or are there edges that folks could try and skinny across? Are there any stalagtites that a rope could be tied around? Is Isryn stronge enough to carry folks over while spider climbing? Does the skeleton seem to emit any negative energy, like an actual undead skeleton would (vice an inanimate set of bones)?

PS - I thought Isyrn could see in the dark (i.e., darkvision). No?

Show
2012-02-15, 08:05 PM
Isryn frowns slightly, inspecting the collapsed pit for a safe path for his somewhat less mobile companions. He occasionally glances up towards the skeleton, trying to ascertain that it has not moved.

Darkvision out to 60'. Beyond that Isryn's stuck with his boring old mundane eyes. :smalltongue:

darkillini
2012-02-20, 02:01 AM
BS slightly dejected at having watched his ally fall into the pit slowly stalks back to the group shifting forms as he returns.

well, i guesss i could carry people acrosss. the main problem is the ssskeleton in the way. if we move it it sshould clear a path. taking a moment to think about their situation a possiblity occurs to him. what if there iss a ssecond trap sset to go off if we move the sskeleton. sshould we ask isryn to blast it from a disstance to se if it moves, or triggers anything? he asks the others.

Show
2012-02-20, 07:05 PM
Isryn shrugs.
"Sounds like a plan."

He gives the rest of the group a few moments to object and/or prepare before launching an eldritch blast at the skeleton.

Moranica
2012-02-22, 05:10 PM
The ball of energy slams into the skeleton, obviously damaging it. It doesn't seem to respond though.

Show
2012-02-22, 06:13 PM
Isryn raises one eyebrow questioningly.

"Is it even ali- animated? Perhaps the only danger was from that-" he gestures at the pit before the group- "trap."

He rolls up his sleeves, seeing no reason not to reduce the skeleton to dust, either way.

Unless someone else objects, I'll just blast away. :smallbiggrin:

darkillini
2012-02-22, 07:27 PM
briarscale chuckles at isryn's eagerness to destroy the skeleton unless alisstair has an objection and wishess to study it, i ssay blasst away ssir and waves a clawed hand in the skeletons direction.

Show
2012-02-22, 09:40 PM
In that case, Isryn proceeds. :smallbiggrin:

Can I just 'take 20,' as it were? Unless you'd rather that I roll...

Starbin
2012-02-22, 09:43 PM
Alistair nodded. "It would seem prudent to reduce the skeleton to a harmless form, least there be some contingency spell or gease placed upon the bones. 'Blast away,' as you so eloquently put it, Briarscale."

The cleric smiled as he waited patiently, looking around a bit to see if anything was sneaking up on them.

Spot: [roll0].
And a KS (Religion) check, just to see if there's anything I'm missing with regards to the undead: [roll1]

Moranica
2012-02-23, 04:53 PM
Blast after blast strike the troll skeleton, each time causing flakes of bone to shoot off and causing cracks to appear on the bones. After sveral rounds of blasting, a shudder passes through the skeleton, and it crashes to the floor. Dust and bone splinters fly up, but none reach you.

Silence settles down again in the halfway.

gunnar11
2012-02-23, 06:01 PM
"Why did we waste this much energy on a skeleton again? Sky asks, before cautiously proceeding. "Say, kobold... he says with a hint of disgust. into the hole or walk past it?"

Show
2012-02-23, 06:12 PM
Isryn notes the corridor's lack of skeleton with no little pleasure.

"Well, it was blocking the way. Even if we could get across safely with it there, there's not much reason to leave it, either."

Isryn spiderwalks to the other side of the crevice, looking back at the others.

"Can you make the jump?"

Starbin
2012-02-23, 06:32 PM
Alistair ignored Sky's question, figuring the youth was simply being petulant again. Looking at Isryn, he shrugged. Undoubtedly, Briarscale can make it across ... and Sky could probably leap the chasm. I will not be making the attempt, however. Perhaps Sky should stay here, least our guide decide to renegotiate our previous understanding."

Show
2012-02-23, 06:37 PM
"You're... not coming?"

Starbin
2012-02-23, 06:49 PM
Alistair shrugged. "I had presumed this was a scouting mission. We can, of course, replicate our successful attempt at crossing the river if we all plan on continuing on. I thought it best that you determine there is more to explore before we committ to the effort of getting everyone across."

Show
2012-02-23, 07:06 PM
"Huh. I guess that makes sense... but if we do run into this necromancer, it would be better to be together..."

Isryn draws shapes in the sand with his foot, clearly not savoring the prospect of splitting up.

Starbin
2012-02-23, 07:38 PM
Alistair nodded. "I agree. Briarscale, can you assista us all across?"

Feel free to get us across ... not trying to split the party, but I didn't know how much further this side went. Press on, please!

darkillini
2012-02-23, 09:16 PM
BS nods for a moment before realizing that likely meant carrying the kobald as well. do i have to carry that thing as well? he asks

Starbin
2012-02-23, 09:54 PM
Alistair considered. "I suppose it is entirely possible to throw him across, rather than carry him. Shall I give him the option, or do you want to simply explain on the other side?

I suppose an alternative would be for Isryn to carry him across."

I'm sorry, but I think I missed how far the hole was ... if it's not far, Isryn could stand halfway across against the wall and reach out to swing us, if the distance is short enough.

Moranica
2012-02-26, 02:25 PM
It's 10 ft across, and 20 ft deep.

Starbin
2012-02-27, 05:55 PM
Alistair gauged the distance, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "Given my weight, the required angle of attack, and my spell-enhanced speed, I estimate my chances of successfully reaching the other side, unassisted, are approximately eight or nine in ten ... which is to say, that out of a representative sample of ten jumps, I should be successful eight or nine times. Of the one or two times I would be unsuccessful, the fall would undoubtedly be hazardous to my health.

Shall we give this a try, or rely upon Briarscale, with Isryn perhaps carrying the kobold across?"

gunnar11
2012-02-27, 07:40 PM
Sky looked to the other side of, and in the hole, looking more terrified by the second. That was a pretty big holr"guys, I don't know if I'll make it... I can try..." he said. Sky now begins a series of jumps, determining if he would be able to cross.

Show
2012-02-27, 10:00 PM
Isryn raises his eyebrows, trying to decide how swinging the kobold across would possibly work out. After a few seconds, he comes to the conclusion that the knowledgable cleric's plan does, in fact, hold merit, and nods. Between a quick helping hand and the possiblity of bracing off the wall, Isryn was fairly certain that he could both avoid falling off his perch on the wall and still helping the others cross to a fair degree.

Would this serve for a +2 bonus?

darkillini
2012-03-02, 03:26 PM
Bs snorts at the picture of a kobald being thrown through the air grabbed by a man standing on a wall and thrown further. however thinking of the thing being thrown being sky is a bit more sobering if he didn't make it. hold on thiss will be fasster and lesss dangerousss i guesss and he promptly shifts forms walks over behind skys picks him up with his jaws puts him on his back and jumps across the chasm.

<assuming that sky dosn't fight this>

Moranica
2012-03-04, 04:17 PM
Kobold jump [roll0]

Moranica
2012-03-04, 04:19 PM
Let's try that again, with normal dice. [roll0]
The thought of indignity as getting thrown across, combined with his own confidence in jumping, the kobold shakes his head and starts running. You get the feeling he would be a lot better at this, if he wasn't walking around with that pretty armor of his.

He races to the edge .... jumps .... and easily makes the distance. He lands on the other side and peers into the darkness ahead. While waving you over.

Starbin
2012-03-06, 08:35 PM
Alistair sighed and nodded, moving back further down the hall. Once he had enough room, he gathered his robes and started sprinting towards the pit. Upon reaching the edge, he jumped as hard as he could, praying to his goddess he made it across.

Jump (+4 due to speed): [roll0]

Landing on his feet and coming to a halt, he turned to glance at the gaping chasm and smiled a bit, surprised at his own ability. Nodding to the others, he readied himself to continue on.

gunnar11
2012-03-16, 12:53 PM
Sky saw everyone cross, and although he still wasn't sure of the intentions of the kobold, he jumped the gap.

Jump: [roll0]

Moranica
2012-03-16, 07:45 PM
Everyone has jumped the gap, some easily, some only just making it. The kobold looks over his shoulder at you and hisses approvingly. Then he peers into the darkness some more.

"Something is out there. Or somethings for that part. We should proceed with caution."

Starbin
2012-03-16, 09:28 PM
Alistair relayed the kobold's warning to the others, glancing meaningfully at Briarscale. "Into the breach once more, my comrades. But be wary, least calamity find us unprepared.

Show
2012-03-17, 08:26 PM
Isryn nods, peering as deeply into the cave as his magically enhanced eyesight will let him. He nervously opens and closes his hands.

"We should go. Keep him from preparing more traps and stuff."

Show
2012-03-25, 01:35 PM
As he and his comrades make their way along, Isryn quietly begins to give commentary.
"The ceiling's getting higher now, and it doesn't look like anyone's been at it with a pickaxe. I think we're entering a cavern."

"You can't see, but there are a few of those spike things, ah, stalac-ah-whatever they are, on the ceiling over there."

"The hallway keeps getting wider... and wider..."

Suddenly, he stops in his tracks, holding his arms out in an attempt to keep the others from advancing. His voice drops an octave as he quiety speaks, trying to gesture down the hall but barely moving..
"There are skeletons over there."
He squints for a second.
"Probably more than 10, even. All across the hallway."

darkillini
2012-03-26, 05:40 PM
Bs remembering how he had just wasted his magical resources on a non living skeleton gestures for them to move backwards from their current location so they could form a quick plan of action.

once further back he says what shhall we do? iss there any indication those were actually in motion, or could they jusst be more regular skeletonsss?

Starbin
2012-03-27, 05:52 AM
Alastair nodded. "I can entreat my goddess once more today, but I would prefer to wait for the right moment. That being said, and unused tool is often a wasted opportunity. What if Isryn were to cross the room out of reach? Are these constructs armed to threaten such an approach?"

Alastair turns to the warlock turned scout.

Show
2012-03-27, 09:51 AM
Isryn nods once. He quietly inspects the walls for a few seconds before pressing his hands on the rough stone and beginning his ascent. The darkness surrounds him as he moves closer and closer to the line of skeletons.

I'm just gonna try to scout out the area. If those skeletons attack, I'm booking it.

gunnar11
2012-03-28, 08:38 AM
"Ok, so where is this evil kobold? Are we there yet?" Sky asks. He's a bit bored by now, and without wanting to pass more time in this cramped cave (every cave is cramped, right?).

He starts to up the pace a bit, scouting ahead vigourously, but trying to not run directly into some skeleton's bony ass.

Starbin
2012-04-04, 02:14 PM
Alistair holds up a hand in warning. "First off, we are uncertain where the kobold is. I have no means to specifically detect where the kobold of interest is located at this very moment. For good or bad, we are simply operating under the information given to us by our guide. As for rushing forward, I would caution you wait and see what response Isryn's scouting elicits in the skeletons currently in front of us. We may be able to nullify their threat through creative planning, vice violence. That is to say, we could sneak by and avoid a fight."

OOC - Ready to press on ... Mighty Moranica, are you available for an update?

Show
2012-04-04, 05:37 PM
My fault, Moranica PM'd me a while ago.

Isryn's voice echoes out of the darkness ahead.

"There are two lines..." He pauses for a moment."I count sixteen."

Starbin
2012-04-04, 05:43 PM
Alistair considered for a moment, then called back. "Do they appear to be animated or taking note of you in some other fashion? What is beyond the skeleton warrior lines?"

Show
2012-04-04, 05:46 PM
"Yeah, they're taking note... I'd be chopped into a million pieces right now if I wasn't up so high. There's mostly just cave beyond, from what I see."

He pauses for a second, apparently deep in thought.

"Can I shoot them?"

Starbin
2012-04-04, 06:01 PM
Alistair thought for a moment, then nodded to himself. "I do not see why not. Their destruction will eliminate the threat and should not add any additional danger to our current situation. Keep a close eye out for any with ranged weapons, however. Or the attentions of additional predators."

Show
2012-04-04, 08:31 PM
Well, Moranica... how do you want to do this? There aren't really any rules for attacking while spiderclimbing, but it seems reasonable... although the spell says both hands must be free. Your ruling? I'm more than willing to make some climb checks... :smallamused:

darkillini
2012-04-04, 08:49 PM
BS noticing this converseation winces at the thought of 16 skeletons. let uss desstroy thesse monsstrositiess, and remind them what the natural order of thingsss is. once dead... alwaysss dead. then shifts forms to pred form and waits ahead of alistair to intercept any incoming enemies.

Moranica
2012-04-05, 04:04 PM
From spiderclimb (as you mentioned)
The affected creature must have its hands free to climb in this manner.

Eldritch blast has a somatic component, if I remember correctly, so you need 1 hand free.

So you'll need climb checks. You are free to take 10 on those, since you now have a climb speed. You also get a +8 racial climb bonus from the spell.

Since you'll be on the natural part.
DC 25 A rough surface, such as a natural rock wall or a brick wall.

Show
2012-04-07, 05:20 PM
Isryn struggles to find a handhold for a second, carefully planning how he would hold onto the wall for just a few seconds while attacking the skeletons beneath. Finally, he releases an angry breath.

"Sorry, guys. Not happening. Got a plan, anyone?"

Starbin
2012-04-08, 07:56 AM
Alistair considered for a moment. His first inclination was to destroy the skeletons, least they present a problem later. However, there seemed to be little chance of them following the group back across the pit they had so recently traversed.

Which begged the question - why where they here in the first place? What value were sixteen skeletons arrayed at a dead end? Surely there must be some rationale for keeping them here, but what?

"Isryn, are you sure there is nothing beyond? It seems particularly peculiar that these sixteen skeletons would be left trapped on the other side of a pit trap for no purpose."

Looking at the others, he shrugged slightly. "If we cannot find a path that continues on, then perhaps discretion serves us best here and we should press onwards in the other direction. I think the pit will serve well enough as a rear guard to prevent these skeletons from being a threat."

Show
2012-04-08, 01:32 PM
Ah, I meant that there was nothing of particular interest beyond, not that there was nothing at all.

I'm assuming the cave just... ah.... continued on. 's that right, Moranica?

Moranica
2012-04-09, 02:50 PM
That is correct. :smallbiggrin: These skeletons are not blinding a wall. At all.

Starbin
2012-04-09, 04:41 PM
Well scout on, spider monkey, and come back when you've got something. Unless y'all would like me to use my last turn. May help, may not. I'd say use it if we decide to attack, since 16 skels is a good opportunity to get unlucky :smalltongue:

darkillini
2012-04-09, 09:51 PM
BS sitting back on his hind legs in his predator form thumps his tail against the ground several times before lifting a paw and extending his claws.
he then gives them a glance that seems to be asking if they are attacking, followed by withdrawing the claw and giving the same questioning look.

his mind was becoming tired with the many shifts he had made across the threshold of wild nature, and sane thought today, and wanted to avoid risking the wild beast taking over by shifting too many times more.

Show
2012-04-10, 10:51 PM
Well, then. I suppose I continue to scout on a bit. Not more than, say, 150 feet.

Moranica
2012-04-13, 05:08 AM
Isryn returns from his scouting.

gunnar11
2012-04-15, 10:37 AM
"Did you find something? Something we can kill, something valuable?" Sky Says

Come on now! Let's liven up this game!

How are the other survival games, moranica? How many are there?

Show
2012-04-15, 04:21 PM
Sorry for the delay, I was out of town for two days. Here we go!

"I saw the necromancer. He's, like 40 feet behind the skeletons.

Isryn grimaces.

"I think he saw me, too."

gunnar11
2012-04-16, 02:53 PM
"How many skeletons are there? And is it any use to throw the silenced rock at him?" Sky asks. He is preparing himself for battle, now that one is just around the corner, litterally.

Moranica
2012-04-16, 03:44 PM
About 4 games left, I think. Perhaps a couple of new ones as well, which I never registered to. They are more and more like seperate games though.

Hearing Isryn speak about "the necromancer" makes the kobolds eyes bulge.

"IS HE THERE??? What dit he look like? Did he have the scar on his neck?"

Starbin
2012-04-16, 05:09 PM
Alistair frowned at the revelation. "I am afraid the rock, while previously providing utility, has reached its usefulness. The mystic power of the spell ran its course a few minutes ago, else we would be unable to talk now. Now we must be concerned with what spells this necromance might use to either attack us directly, or bolster the might of his animated minions."

The cleric considered for a moment, thinking to the list of spells a necromancer might have available. Shrugging after a moment, he nodded towards where Isryn had located the skeletons. "Our choices are to wait for any spells cast to wear our, or to attack before he has time to better prepare. I will beesch Lirr for her support in defeating the skeletons, but I do not know how well it will work ... asking too many times in one day often results in diminishing returns."

KS (Religion) check: [roll0] to determine the spells a necromancy might use in such a situation.
Lore Check: [roll1] to see if Alistair recalls anything about Ix

Spells:0 - Light x2; Detect Magic x1; Cure Minor Wounds x1

Starbin
2012-04-16, 05:16 PM
Alistair opened his mouth, then closed it, his eyes narrowing as he looked at the kobold. In common, he spoke clearly, watching the kobold warrior the entire time. "So is this the person you were looking for, friend?"

Sounds like the kobold understood common ... which means he's been holding out on us the whole time. Is that the case?

Moranica
2012-04-17, 02:39 PM
The kobold staggers back at the direct adressing from Alistair. He seems to think, before replying.

"... I think so.... We should get him now!!"

As for necro spells. You realise he might know how to summon undead, and use negative energy in some ways.

Starbin
2012-04-18, 09:44 PM
Alistair nodded, pointing in the direction Isryn had come from. "By all means, sir, lead the way. We shall attempt to deal with the minions while you dead with your former friend."

He glanced at the others meaningfully, now that it was clear the kobold spoke common fluently ... and had understood all of their discussions previously. If a betrayal were imminent, everyone would at least be on guard for it.

Ready to move forward ... faster is probably better. Isryn should pepper the necro and force him to make concentration spells. Alistair will use his last turn, while Briar and Sky kill skels. Summoned critters with bite will have an advantage ...

Anything else?

Moranica
2012-04-30, 03:31 PM
Map! (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlcN_xACpZs-dEhmenljNlZXX1NMVXZRclJkMEJQNkE)

You are in the north.

Starbin
2012-05-02, 04:38 AM
I don't recall an answer to whether Alistair recalled anything about a necromancer named Ix (Lore check was 24, from post 224 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13081472&postcount=224)
Alistair gripped his symbol in one hand and his staff in the other. "Onward, comrades, least this villain have more time to gird himself against us, or summon more of his unnatural minions!"

The cleric followed the others as their plan called for, waiting until he was within range of the rows of skeletons. Raising up the carved book of Lirr, he spoke aloud, voice ringing out. "Begone, monstrosities! Disperse foul eminations! Return to your slumber and the plane from whence your dark sentience was birthed! In the name of the Lorekeeper, I command thee - BEGONE!"

Initiative check was 12, from OOC post 1407 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13133110&postcount=1407)

Spells:0 - Light x2; Detect Magic x1; Cure Minor Wounds x1

Turn Check 16 (Can turn up to a 5HD undead)
Turn Damage 10 (total # of HD turned)

Show
2012-05-02, 02:29 PM
Isryn gives what amounts to a particularly inspired shrug at Alistair's word, seeking an opening left in the skeleton line by the cleric's holy power.

With the strength of a thousand dust-mites!
Initiative: [roll0]

Moranica
2012-06-03, 04:08 PM
The Kobold in armor, rushes forward, only to stop several feet from the line of kobold skeletons.

Then he shouts as he waves his sword in front of him.

[draconic]
"There's to many! I can't get passed. Break there formation, so I can kill Ix!"

gunnar11
2012-06-04, 05:48 PM
Sky could not understand one bit of the things their kobold yelled, but deducted it had to be something in the lines of: KILL EVERYTHING
So he did.

He approached the nearest skeleton, charging it with all his might, hitting it with the diseased troll's bones.

attacks: [roll0]
[roll1]

damages:[roll2]
[roll3]