PDA

View Full Version : a private demiplane for the skulltaker

big teej
2011-06-06, 10:46 PM
greetings playgrounders, I have come to pick your collective consciousness and rule knowledge once again.

I need an economical, easy, low level as possible way to get my barbarian a private demiplane.

why?

SIMPLE
Cog Skulltaker, Barbarian of Khorne

collects (pause for effect)

SKULLS!

however, carrying around thousands of skulls/bloody bits/trophies would be very cumbersome.

so obviously. the solution is to create a private demiplane (which shall be dubbed "the slaughterhouse") that Cog can get to from.... well, anywhere.

and only he (and people he takes with him) can get to.

so.
what can I do that doesn't reek of gouda and cheddar as well as be affordable by oh... say

6th level. AT THE LATEST

he's 3rd now.

thanks in advance.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-06-06, 10:56 PM
1-Take three levels of wizard
2-Learn "Summon Mirror Mephit"
3-Ask for a Simulacrum of any creature with 9th level spells arcane casting (black ethergaunt might work)
4-Simulacrum casts Genesis
?????
5-Profit:smallcool:

wuwuwu
2011-06-06, 10:57 PM
For 6530gp you can have a 17th level Psion manifest:
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/genesis.htm
which is within the WBL guidelines for 6th level, if you save up about 50% of the gp you earn.
edit: but according to the SRD, spells costing more than 3,000 are generally not available =(

big teej
2011-06-06, 10:59 PM
1-Take three levels of wizard
2-Learn "Summon Mirror Mephit"
3-Ask for a Simulacrum of any creature with 9th level spells arcane casting (black ethergaunt might work)
4-Simulacrum casts Genesis
?????
5-Profit:smallcool:

a great suggestion, and this is really my fault for not jumping ahead of it.

multi-classing suggestions don't really fly for this one, and that's my fault for forgetting that in the OP

I'm mostly looking for hiring/purchase things.

the skulltaker shall remain a barbarian for the forseeable future.

For 6530gp you can have a 17th level Psion cast:
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/genesis.htm
which is within the WBL guidelines for 6th level, if you save up about 50% of the gp you earn.

an excellent suggestion.

though I am curious.... why a psion instead of the ever suggested wizard?
forgive my ignorance.

any other takers for my little problem?

Dusk Eclipse
2011-06-06, 11:06 PM
a great suggestion, and this is really my fault for not jumping ahead of it.

multi-classing suggestions don't really fly for this one, and that's my fault for forgetting that in the OP

I'm mostly looking for hiring/purchase things.

the skulltaker shall remain a barbarian for the forseeable future.

an excellent suggestion.

forgive my ignorance.

any other takers for my little problem?

Cause Genesis is not an OGL spell, but Genesis power is :smalltongue:

Hmm you could take leadership as your level 6 feat and have a wizard cohort.. or max cc ranks in UMD and buy a scroll of genesis; might also help to get someone cast divine insight on you (+20 to one skill check) to avoid loosing a perfectly good scroll.

wuwuwu
2011-06-06, 11:06 PM
an excellent suggestion.

forgive my ignorance.

Because a psion only pays 1,000xp to manifest it, whereas a wizard requires 5,000xp, and when buying spells it multiplies xp costs by 5, so it's 5,000gp or 25,000gp... Wizard isn't particularly viable for a 6th level character to hire for this task =p

big teej
2011-06-06, 11:09 PM

Hmm you could take leadership as your level 6 feat and have a wizard cohort.. or max cc ranks in UMD and buy a scroll of genesis; might also help to get someone cast divine insight on you (+20 to one skill check) to avoid loosing a perfectly good scroll.

this too is a good idea, but could I get my hands on a scroll of that at 6th level? (books arn't handy)

Dusk Eclipse
2011-06-06, 11:15 PM
this too is a good idea, but could I get my hands on a scroll of that at 6th level? (books arn't handy)

A 9th level spell scroll costs about 3,825 GP + roughly 5000 GP in XP costs I think; you will need planar travel (sigil, city of brass for example might work) to be able to find a seller.

myancey
2011-06-08, 10:25 PM
Just make sure than when you create your plane you make it 'timeless'. Then all spells with a duration cast in this demiplane are basically permanent.

Cog
2011-06-08, 10:46 PM
Are you certain about that? (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/spells/genesis.htm)

Dusk Eclipse
2011-06-08, 10:51 PM
Are you certain about that? (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/spells/genesis.htm)

I stand corrected then.

big teej
2011-06-09, 02:12 AM
Just make sure than when you create your plane you make it 'timeless'. Then all spells with a duration cast in this demiplane are basically permanent.

but I'm a barbarian.... I don't CAST spells*

I'm just after a way to have a stowey-hidey place for my bloody trophies.
preferably on the cheap. and something I can get to from whever I want.

so far, genesis does seem the best solution, but I'm still looking for others.

*with the exception of the wonderful concept of the barbarian "wizard"
but I digress.

crazyhedgewizrd
2011-06-09, 02:22 AM
dont forget the planeshifting item for 180,000gp so you can travell to your plane when ever you want.. ( or 90,000gp as a pair of boots)