PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Arena

Sphar
2011-06-06, 11:58 PM
Well,this is my first post on the forums,so hi haha.

Okay,so I've been toying around with the idea of an arena with Pathfinder players.

There would be two groups for it:PvE and PvP.It would be a party of 3 to 6 characters for both of them.

PvE would consist of the party having to face set monsters,from which they would receive appropriate loot and experience.Every time they leveled up,they would get an in-game award.After becoming 'Arena Grandmasters',they would get an out-of-game prize,such as a Player Companion book or something.They would have to pay a small amount of money per session in order to play(maybe like a dollar or something haha)

PvP would consist of two parties facing off against eachother,also gaining loot from the defeated party,as well as appropriate experience.Every time they defeated an opposing party,they would get a magic item appropriate to their level.Every time they leveled up,they would get a metal pathfinder miniature of their choice.If they became 'Arena Grandmasters',they would receive a large book(such as the APG or Ultimate Magic) for their hard work.There would be two tiers:'Basic' and 'Advanced'.In basic,when you die,you lose a number of set experience points appropriate to your level.In 'Advanced',when you die,you must restart at level 1.It would also cost a bit more to play PvP.

There would be multiple play styles in PvP.Whenever you lost,you would die:

Deathmatch:Eliminate all enemy players.
Capture the Flag:Capture an enemy item of power and bring it back to base.First team to cap it 3 times wins.
Fortress:Capture a fortress in the middle of the battleground.It would have mounted crossbows and battlements.The team in control of the fortress does not respawn.The attacking team respawns after 1d6 rounds.

So,what do you think?Questions,comments,ideas?

acid_ninja
2011-06-07, 04:21 AM
This should probably go in the Play by Post forums. I'm sure you'd get takers who just wanted to play for the fun of it.

Sphar
2011-06-11, 09:51 PM
Sorry I've been gone for so long..
but I wasn't intending to play it here :P
I intended for comments and ideas/criticism.