PDA

View Full Version : Playing Madara- Lets think up some interesting ways to use(and abuse) the moon!

Maho-Tsukai
2011-06-07, 12:41 PM
Recently there has been a thread that had discussed ways to dodge the moon due to the ability of some caster builds to drop the moon on a planet. However, instead of looking at it from the mundane side I read that thread with a "caster-y" mentality and thus decided to create this thread as a response...why DROP the moon? As a caster of such power, there are surely better uses for that big hunk of space rock orbiting the pathetic planet you will soon call your own, no? This is the thread for dreaming up and brainstorming interesting, dastardly, fun and just plain crazy ways for a powerful caster to use and abuse his local moon...So, bring your most absurd and diabolic ideas here...

Tokuhara
2011-06-07, 12:46 PM
Recently there has been a thread that had discussed ways to dodge the moon due to the ability of some caster builds to drop the moon on a planet. However, instead of looking at it from the mundane side I read that thread with a "caster-y" mentality and thus decided to create this thread as a response...why DROP the moon? As a caster of such power, there are surely better uses for that big hunk of space rock orbiting the pathetic planet you will soon call your own, no? This is the thread for dreaming up and brainstorming interesting, dastardly, fun and just plain crazy ways for a powerful caster to use and abuse his local moon...So, bring your most absurd and diabolic ideas here...

Well, his secret plan is to use his Tsukoyumi to put everyone into his hallucination and rule the world. As a high enough level Illusionist, you could accomplish a similar effect. Or, you could create a one-way portal on the moon and where you are and suck adversaries through it. Your choice, really

Zale
2011-06-07, 12:52 PM
Start mining operations on moon so you can have a cheese monopoly. Duh. :cool:

PirateLizard
2011-06-07, 12:57 PM
There was a thread somewhere a while back about evil PCs trying to turn the moon into a Deathstar and destroy the original planet. I believe the DM let them succeed. Spelljammer, anyone?

Hazzardevil
2011-06-07, 01:11 PM
I always saw the mono as a tool of destruction, presuming that it has no atmosphere, (Thus killing most being,) An epic wizard could just make an epic spell to teleport undesirables to the moon.
Thus wiping out entire nations leaving all the useful things intact.

arguskos
2011-06-07, 01:14 PM
There was a thread somewhere a while back about evil PCs trying to turn the moon into a Deathstar and destroy the original planet. I believe the DM let them succeed. Spelljammer, anyone?
So, let's hollow it out and set up a network of jamming helms to make it spaceworthy, then sail off into the Phlogiston in our new battlemoon.

Also, as a superawesome side effect, that means that the world will be trashed, thanks to lacking a moon for tidal effects etc. :smallbiggrin:

Greenish
2011-06-07, 01:18 PM
You're not thinking big enough.

Krynn has three moons. Eberron has twelve. Go nuts.

arguskos
2011-06-07, 01:21 PM
You're not thinking big enough.

Krynn has three moons. Eberron has twelve. Go nuts.
Ok, here's what you do. You start in Krynn. You turn those into jammers (thus destroying Krynn, thank god). You then jam to Eberron (blazing a new trail, btws) in your battlemoons. You then take Eberron's twelve moons and turn them into orbiting weapons platforms around your three main jammers. Now, you have a trio of battlemoons, each with orbiting weapons platforms, and can go hold entire crystal spheres for ransom.

Now... to Greyspace, to obliterate that entire damn sphere!:smallfurious:

Maho-Tsukai
2011-06-07, 01:30 PM
Now if only there was a way to make it so you could have your battlemoon be able to have a weapon that can use the multiverse scale locate city bomb(or the "wish bomb") to cause a multiversal scale wrightpocolpyse AND have it possess some way to dominate any wrights/undead that happen to look at it so you can go around mind-slaving all the wrights you just created....

Undead army of doom + battlemoon of doom= The resistance is done for.

Analytica
2011-06-07, 05:43 PM
The Madara thing might be some form of weird custom metamagic increasing the range of a Symbol of X type spell, then putting it on the surface of the moon. Or any type of effect that just requires that the target sees something, really.

Squiggles
2011-06-07, 09:06 PM
Now if only there was a way to make it so you could have your battlemoon be able to have a weapon that can use the multiverse scale locate city bomb(or the "wish bomb") to cause a multiversal scale wrightpocolpyse AND have it possess some way to dominate any wrights/undead that happen to look at it so you can go around mind-slaving all the wrights you just created....

Undead army of doom + battlemoon of doom= The resistance is done for.

This reminds me of The Chronicles of Riddick for some reason

raxies94
2011-06-07, 09:54 PM
I believe that Dracula in Dr. McNinja has an entire paradise on the moon, complete with moon laser. You should definitely at least have a moon laser.

Tvtyrant
2011-06-07, 09:57 PM
So, let's hollow it out and set up a network of jamming helms to make it spaceworthy, then sail off into the Phlogiston in our new battlemoon.

Also, as a superawesome side effect, that means that the world will be trashed, thanks to lacking a moon for tidal effects etc. :smallbiggrin:

Dwarven jamming helms should do it with only 4-5. World of Dwarves!

The-Mage-King
2011-06-07, 10:05 PM
Alright, let's take this away from the topic of mimicing Madara and spelljammers for a second here...

Now, what are the materials for a stone golem?

A single block of stone.

What can we assume the moon is made of?

Stone.

See where I'm going? We just need to up the scale of that golem by a bit, and start crafting. Then we have Super Galaxy Dai Gurren our Moon Golem, in orbit.

Now we can apply a template to let it transform, how about into a Spelljammer, to get back to that topic, and outfit it with propulsion.

Should I go on?