PDA

View Full Version : The Druid [3.5]

pilvento
2011-06-07, 02:07 PM
3years of roleplay in the same long term campaing, lots of 1 night adventures testing builds lvl5, 10,15,20 and more. Lots of combinations, party combos, optimizations but we never played... a druid.

I dont have a clue about this class, its posible PrC or its most powerfull spells.
But dam i love the daggerspell PrC and now i want to give the divine one a try, build it more martially than spellcaster, optimice it cause in my group we are all optimizer monsters.

A 20 lvl build to try in a future 1night adventure and if it gets as cool as i belive it can, ill playit in our next long (and as the last one i mean really looooong) term campaing from lvl 3 to 20.

Only restriction is it must be an elf, any kind. be mostly martial focused, use the daggerspell shaper PrC. no psionics, no ToB.

This idea came to me now so i wanted to make this thread asap and then post the ideas i found in the net and in my big book colection.

Thanks all and hope u can give me a hand in this druid thing :smallbiggrin:

Zale
2011-06-07, 02:13 PM
I think the general advice is be a bear, riding a bear, shooting bears.
:smallwink:

Tokuhara
2011-06-07, 02:21 PM

See, that is a grand example of "Doing it Wrong." I suggest Natural Spell, Quicken Spell, Frozen Wildshape, and Elemental Swarm (For best results, see "Unraveler" [pg 151 Planar Handbook]). Cast Elemental Swarm from each head of a Cryohydra of however many heads you please

"I don't need to kill you. That's what my "friends" here are for..."

Talya
2011-06-07, 02:25 PM
Druid 20 is the best possible druid build, from a power perspective. (it may be bad from a relative balance perspective, however.) Most druid PrCs advance one particular aspect of a druid's abilities at the expense of the others, and all its abilities are great. The main purpose of Druid PrCs appears to be to rein in the individual destructive godlike power that is the druid. (Planar Shepherd, I believe is the exception to this rule.)

Geigan
2011-06-07, 02:29 PM

And dual wielding bear cannons that shoot bears and a gaze attack so you can shoot bears from your eyes! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!:belkar:

*Ahem*

Anyway natural spell should be an obvious choice. If you' re wielding daggers then you'll want to make sure to pick a form that has opposable thumbs like an ape. I would recommend any elf that doesn't lose con since your HP will still be based off your natural form's HP.

Gnaeus
2011-06-07, 06:44 PM
And dual wielding bear cannons that shoot bears and a gaze attack so you can shoot bears from your eyes! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!:belkar:

*Ahem*

Anyway natural spell should be an obvious choice. If you' re wielding daggers then you'll want to make sure to pick a form that has opposable thumbs like an ape. I would recommend any elf that doesn't lose con since your HP will still be based off your natural form's HP.

As I recall the primary selling point to daggerspell shaper is that you can apply your dagger's magical benefits to your claws while wildshaped.

Lappy9000
2011-06-07, 06:47 PM
:smallwink:See, this is a grand example of "Doing it Right."

Just be sensitive to the rest of the party and you'll probably have a good time. I personally don't care for the druid just 'cause there's so much to keep track of (Full Spellcasting, Wildshape, and an Animal Companion on top of all your normal concerns)

Godskook
2011-06-07, 07:02 PM
A DSpell Shaper is martially oriented, and you're probably better off trading your Animal Companion for something that'll work better with you(11 lost druid levels for the AC is a hard hit).

Read this thread for some 'practical' advice for Shapers, since that's what my PC is heading towards too:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201034

pilvento
2011-06-08, 09:39 AM
A DSpell Shaper is martially oriented, and you're probably better off trading your Animal Companion for something that'll work better with you(11 lost druid levels for the AC is a hard hit).

Read this thread for some 'practical' advice for Shapers, since that's what my PC is heading towards too:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201034

This is a great start!, thank u very much