PDA

View Full Version : Speedy McGee

Dumbledore lives
2011-06-07, 08:43 PM
This is a character idea made for a friend of mine. Now I know it's not very optimized, but I figure it'd be a moderately fun build, and fit right in to the optimization level of our campaign.

With that said I am looking for advice, and the only thing that is really set in stone is that it is primarily an incarnate, chaos fitting the best for the speed.

Xeph Cloistered Cleric 1/ Barbarian 1/ Incarnate 7

Trait: Quick
Flaw Vulnerable: Midnight Dodge
Flaw Frail: Mobility
1: Speed of Thought
3: Dash
6: Bonus Essentia
9: Spring Attack

10 Essentia

Assuming Elite Array with racial and levels: 18 Con, 11 Str, 14 Dex, 10 Int, 13 Wis, 8 Cha

Speed: 30 Racial + 10 Celerity Domain + 10 Quick Trait + 10 Speed of Thought + 10 Barbarian + 15 Cerulean Sandals + 5 Dash.

For a grand total of 90 feet permanent. He also has the Xeph ability 2 times per day to boost his speed up to 30 feet for con rounds, and the incarnate ability to boost 20 feet once per day for 3+ con rounds. He also has expeditious retreat for another 30 feet if he needs it, or for more encounters.

He also has the standard incarnate stuff, Dissolving spittle, and an incarnate weapon. His basic strategy is to go faster than his opponents charge, so spring attack in, hit once, run away. If the opponent runs after him spit at him and run away again.

So again, what does the playground think, how could this build be improved, and is it a good/terrible idea.

manyslayer
2011-06-08, 07:38 AM
If you allow FR regional feats, there is Fleet of Foot which adds +10 feet to movement. Not sure if it stacks with Dash.

Travel Devotion grants 1/day move as a swift action. Can use an additional time per day by spending a turn undead attempt.

dextercorvia
2011-06-08, 08:35 AM
With all of that speed, you should be jumping people. Check out Landshark boots and the Battle Jump feat.

Boci
2011-06-08, 08:43 AM
Travel Devotion grants 1/day move as a swift action. Can use an additional time per day by spending a turn undead attempt.

Its 1/day but it lasts for 1 minute.

manyslayer
2011-06-08, 12:14 PM
Its 1/day but it lasts for 1 minute.

Wow! I hadn't noticed that part of it before. Our group thought it was cool just being able to do it once a day. And it takes 2 turn attempts to gain another use of the Travel Devotion feat.

manyslayer
2011-06-08, 12:18 PM
With all of that speed, you should be jumping people. Check out Landshark boots and the Battle Jump feat.

If you're going to be jumping and don't have something else for a swift action, the Extreme Leap skill trick adds 10' to movement if you do a horizontal jump of at least 10'.

Boci
2011-06-08, 12:33 PM
Wow! I hadn't noticed that part of it before. Our group thought it was cool just being able to do it once a day. And it takes 2 turn attempts to gain another use of the Travel Devotion feat.

It should be notred however that you cannot activate it and and use it in the same round, since that would take two swift actions, but a most DMs could be persuaded to drop that.

dextercorvia
2011-06-08, 12:38 PM
If you're going to be jumping and don't have something else for a swift action, the Extreme Leap skill trick adds 10' to movement if you do a horizontal jump of at least 10'.

The Sudden Leap maneuver is also quite good.