PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Feats for Greatsword User?

Dakaar
2011-06-07, 09:10 PM
Hi. I currently have a Rogue 4/ Cavalier 3 Orc Greatsword user (roc mount), and hes working out fantastically. I have something like a +25 intimidate modifier, with the Thug rogue class variant (can make enemies frightened if you shaken for 4 rounds, get bonus shaken duration, etc), and have taken the following feats:

Power Attack
Weapon Focus
Dazzling Display (Free with Cavalier order of Cocatrice)
Cormugen Smash (Free Intimidate With power attack as a free action)
Boon Companion (+4 mount levels)

And plan to take Shatter Defenses next level so that after my first hit, I am doing additional sneak attack damage. I have the toothy racial trait, and armor spikes for up to 4 attacks right now. When flanking with mount, we both have outflank, so I hit pretty reliably even without TWF feats against most stuff.

After I get Shatter Defenses and Deadful Carnage http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/dreadful-carnage-combat, I'm really at a loss where to go from there.

I use a +1 Holy Greatsword (playing Council of Thieves so EEEVERYTHING is evil aligned), and was thinking of Improved Critical Greatsword. Completely clueless as to where to go from there. After my mount got its level 7 increase, and became large and flying, I don't know if its worthwhile to put more levels into cavalier -- you really dont get too much aside from +1/level damage bonuses from challenge.

My Strength bonus right now is +6 and I think I have about +13 to hit (power attack) and +16 damage right now. I basically want to increase my ability to obliterate monsters quickly and keep damage up. Thoughts? Thanks!

My ac is not too great at 23, but I have decent UMD and carry a shield wand to keep it up. Probably will patch this up next time I get to buy some stuff.

John Campbell
2011-06-07, 10:04 PM
If you're Power Attacking a lot, especially if you're not full BAB, you might want to take a look at Furious Focus.

I tend to figure Improved Critical isn't worth spending a feat on, because you can get the effect as a fairly cheap weapon enhancement. Or a spell.

acid_ninja
2011-06-08, 01:45 AM
If you're Power Attacking a lot, especially if you're not full BAB, you might want to take a look at Furious Focus.

This.

Intimidating prowess will get you a bit more to your intimidate

Shadow Strike will help you deal sneak attack damage in more situations

Shield of swings will give you an AC boost

Step up and the rest of the chain are nice for melee characters to keep spellcasters from getting away

Thefurmonger
2011-06-08, 03:53 PM
If you're Power Attacking a lot, especially if you're not full BAB, you might want to take a look at Furious Focus

This.

Really just what Acid said.

acid_ninja
2011-06-08, 06:02 PM
If you want to be doing more crits then consider switching out the greatsword for a falchion. With keen, improved crit, keen weapon, etc the threat range is 15-20. That alone makes up for the slight loss in base damage and opens up critical focus and all those nice critical feats at higher levels.

NamelessNPC
2011-06-08, 06:07 PM
Keep in mind that even considering the increased critical the falchion still deals less damage statistically.

Laendri
2011-06-08, 07:28 PM
This.

Intimidating prowess will get you a bit more to your intimidate

Shadow Strike will help you deal sneak attack damage in more situations

Shield of swings will give you an AC boost

Step up and the rest of the chain are nice for melee characters to keep spellcasters from getting away

Were can I find this feats and the Furious Facus one?

NamelessNPC
2011-06-09, 01:20 AM
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats

acid_ninja
2011-06-09, 02:01 AM
Keep in mind that even considering the increased critical the falchion still deals less damage statistically.

Really? I suck at math but the more I look at it, the more weapons' base damage seems to be kind of useless. Weapons really seem to serve as vectors for feats, SA and static damage bonuses. Or am I wrong?

Ashram
2011-06-09, 02:06 AM
Were can I find this feats and the Furious Facus one?

Intimidating Prowess is core PF, the others are from Advanced Player's Guide.