PDA

View Full Version : Building Xenia Onatopp

Talya
2011-06-07, 11:13 PM
Not that I have a campaign to play her in yet, but i just had this thought while watching Famke Janssen go all orgasmic over violence in Goldeneye...assuming no guns (some standard D&D setting)...how would you build Xenia Onatopp? Not just for "What was she in the movie," but if you were considering building an effective character patterned on her, what would you make her? (other than Chaotic Evil.)

Godskook
2011-06-07, 11:31 PM
Bloodstorm Blade seems like the most appropriate design focus for her, as she:

-Seems to like semi-ranged
-Needs good melee anyway
-Strong enough to do combat maneuvers
-loves APS(attacks/sec)

That means a Str focus on ranged attacks, and Bloodstorm Blade does that so well. Unarmed Swordsage could work as a base, providing a strong 'brawling' concept to work with, and eventually, a necklace of natural attacks with the throwing property and crystals of returning allow you to throw your fists at people, and that strikes me as being exactly what she'd like.

Zonugal
2011-06-08, 12:06 AM
I might go in the more simplistic approach and build a daring outlaw build. Something like Rogue 2/Swashbuckler 4 (to grab that oh so nice seduction ability) with a focus on crossbows (so feats like Rapid Reload, Crossbow Sniper and Hand Crossbow Focus will work well).

Another way would be a build like Monk 2/Sorcerer 3 who uses Ascetic Mage to pump charisma into AC all the while throwing around orbs. This type of build can deliver pretty well on her wild nature.

Longcat
2011-06-08, 06:03 AM
She's obviously based around seduction and grappling, so I'd focus on that part. The Reaping Mauler PrC from Complete Warrior is grapple-oriented, and fits nicely with Xenia's asphyxiation techniques.

As for seduction, anything from Bard to Factotum will do the trick.

Gwendol
2011-06-08, 06:13 AM
Agreed: grappling bard fits the character nicely.

Talya
2011-06-09, 01:58 PM
Combining Godskook and Longcat's ideas...Unarmed Swordsage/Reaping Mauler build. I've never built a grappler at all...I like this idea. How would you go about it?

(Not ruling out a second PrC with bloodstorm blade either...)

Urpriest
2011-06-09, 02:16 PM
She definitely has Crushing Thighs of the Mountain. I mean, Crushing Weight of the Mountain.

Yes that is all I remember of the character's fighting style. It is all I need to know.

A Xenia Onatopp build from the creator of the Vow of Nudity feat...this should be fun.

Talya
2011-06-09, 05:17 PM
Without powerful build or large size, it's hard to build an effective grapple oriented character.

Hey, would Earth's Embrace stack with Crushing Weight of the Mountain for a combined 1d12+2d6+Str*1.5 per round? (And also be able to use the Save-or-lose/die from Reaping Mauler at the same time?)

Greenish
2011-06-10, 12:16 AM
Without powerful build or large size, it's hard to build an effective grapple oriented character.There's always Jotunbrud.

Talya
2011-06-10, 08:47 AM
There's always Jotunbrud.

That...solves so much. Thanks! This is destined to be a forgotten realms character, too.

Edit:

I'm torn- unarmed swordsage or warblade?

Unarmed Swordsage advantages:
Improved Unarmed Strike & damage progression for free
Wisdom synergy with Reaping Mauler
A greater number of unarmed-friendly disciplines

Warblade advantages:
Higher BAB (BAB used in opposed grapple checks)
Iron Heart discipline has some grapple-friendly abilities
D12 hit die, bonus feats...

Damn. Maybe I should take both. And even a level or two of fighter...