PDA

View Full Version : Character that can bring other characters to full BAB?

Coidzor
2011-06-08, 01:24 AM
So, I was just reminded of this combo by reading a bard thread since some advanced version of it involved using music to have one character give full BAB to everyone and then get full BAB again as a separate bonus to attack on top of ordinary full BAB.

The basic part of it is a PrC though that lets one sacrifice their BAB to increase another character's BAB by the equivalent amount, IIRC, and another part is a... Warchanter, I think.

...This ringing any bells or am I just spouting gibberish here?

MeeposFire
2011-06-08, 01:28 AM
So, I was just reminded of this combo by reading a bard thread since some advanced version of it involved using music to have one character give full BAB to everyone and then get full BAB again as a separate bonus to attack on top of ordinary full BAB.

The basic part of it is a PrC though that lets one sacrifice their BAB to increase another character's BAB by the equivalent amount, IIRC, and another part is a... Warchanter, I think.

...This ringing any bells or am I just spouting gibberish here?

Warchanter is correct. Their level 10 song (song of the legion if I remember correctly) gives a +2 to damage and gives the entire party the BAB of the character with the highest BAB. So if your party's best BAB is +16 then your whole party is at +16. It may not always be "full" BAB since it depends on the BAB found in your party.

HalfDragonCube
2011-06-08, 01:40 AM
Warchanter is correct. Their level 10 song (song of the legion if I remember correctly) gives a +2 to damage and gives the entire party the BAB of the character with the highest BAB. So if your party's best BAB is +16 then your whole party is at +16. It may not always be "full" BAB since it depends on the BAB found in your party.

Stylish. Especially if you have some strangely multiclassed charcaters with very little even at high levels.

Jarveiyan
2011-06-08, 01:22 PM
Actually the ability sets anyone's bab who is within 60 ft. to the highest bab person among them or the Warchanter's character level, whichever is higher.

Coidzor
2011-06-09, 02:20 AM
Is it Kensai that can lend its BAB out that then gets its BAB back from the song?

Greenish
2011-06-09, 02:26 AM
Is it Kensai that can lend its BAB out that then gets its BAB back from the song?Yes, Kensai has the ability to "instill" it's BAB on another character.

…I see where you're going. Instill the highest BAB character with Kensai's BAB, then use Inspire Legion to grant the boosted BAB to everyone. Very neat.

Coidzor
2011-06-09, 02:32 AM
Yes, Kensai has the ability to "instill" it's BAB on another character.

…I see where you're going. Instill the highest BAB character with Kensai's BAB, then use Inspire Legion to grant the boosted BAB to everyone. Very neat.

It was either that or using it to pump up one damage dealer's BAB without costing the Kensai his ability to hit, depending upon what order things could go in.

I only just now had the old synapses fire to remind me that it was Kensai that was part of the combo, so I'm still pretty hazy on the details of it. x.x

CodeRed
2011-06-09, 04:54 AM
Yes, Kensai has the ability to "instill" it's BAB on another character.

A Rogue with Perfect BAB sneak attacking everything in sight? A Wizard who never misses a touch spell? Madness.

That is a silly good combo.

Feytalist
2011-06-09, 05:25 AM
And you don't even need a Kensai/Warchanter combo. You can have one character willing to play a Kensai, and another to chant wars. And a nigh-enough level party to have both classes' abilities available.

Jarveiyan
2011-06-09, 05:35 AM
You know currently I'm playing a brd/swb/wrchtr, and he's going to be taking leadership at 15th lvl. Even though it gives him a negative to his leadership score I'll talk to the GM about seeing if his cohort could be a kensai, once the party exits the dungeon we're in. the GM let me make a feat that blends brd and swashbuckler like the other daring feats.