PDA

View Full Version : Centaur Question

Darth Stabber
2011-06-08, 10:43 AM
Is there a way for a centaur use a lance and gain the benefits normally reserved for mounted characters? I don't think it works RAW, but I wanted to check.

I plan on house ruling it in if it doesn't work, but I would much rather use published rules.

Apophis
2011-06-08, 11:10 AM
From the SRD
Combat
A centaur employing a lance deals double damage when it charges, just as a rider on a mount does.

Were you talking about this benefit?

Darth Stabber
2011-06-08, 11:48 AM
Okay, stupid question I guess (stupid PDFs). Can I use mounted combat related feats?

Cog
2011-06-08, 12:23 PM
Okay, stupid question I guess (stupid PDFs). Can I use mounted combat related feats?
One of the MM Inevitables provides a precedent for this being the case.

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2011-06-09, 01:41 PM
*in yoda impression* MmMmm someone making a charger, yes? Read PBMC's build compendium you will. Much damage it does. The da

Scribble
2011-06-09, 04:24 PM
*in yoda impression* MmMmm someone making a charger, yes? Read PBMC's build compendium you will. Much damage it does. The da

Erm... what happened at the end there? Your post kinda cuts off... did a certain Freakazoid villain stop by?

Urpriest
2011-06-09, 04:38 PM
Erm... what happened at the end there? Your post kinda cuts off... did a certain Freakazoid villain stop by?

While I don't remember the exact reason (I think it has something to do with the idea that the mods might cart him off at any time for his unorthodox views), PBMCA always posts like that.

Nothing to do with CandleJa

CTrees
2011-06-09, 07:25 PM
Related question-is there anything in the rules saying a centaur can't ride another creature? In which case, could that centaur have someone riding it while it rode something else? In which case... double mounted combat feats? Mwahahaha (I'm *sure* there's something fun this could enable)

GoatBoy
2011-06-09, 07:30 PM
The rest of the interview will be centaur questions. (http://www.evilchili.com/videos/5683/Christopher_Walken_Interviews_a_Centaur)

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2011-06-10, 11:01 PM
For the record, my views are literally Orthodox. The problem does not lie with me.

UrPriest is beginning to seem like one of the top guys here for as long as he wants. Right up there with Person_Man and Vorpal Trib