PDA

View Full Version : House Arrest?- A Sims 3 LP

Cyborg Mage
2011-06-08, 12:35 PM
Okay, so I had an idea. A strange, quirky, difficult to work with- and most of all, entertaining- idea. We get some Sims, put them in a house, and get rid of the door. Trap them. Close them in. Lock the door, swallow the key, plaster over the doorway and cover it in plaster. Y'know. See how long they last. We can actually get some really big pros out of this- no Repo Men, no theft, more time to work on skills. It'll be hard. And fun. Really.

Sipex
2011-06-08, 12:49 PM
I've seen this done in sims 1 and 2 and there are some things to consider.

1) Repo men and disciplinaries will most likely glitch, then teleport to what they're repo-ing/taking. Thieves probably won't be able to enter still.

2) To make this truly fun and not just 'As soon as the food runs out, everybody dies' you'll want a pond and/or garden within the enclosed bounds (maybe a back yar).

Sounds interesting nonetheless!

Cyborg Mage
2011-06-08, 01:02 PM
Last time I checked, isn't the fridge MAAAAAAAGIC or something? Like, y'know, it sorta teleports groceries in for a small fee of money. Food, unless we want fresh ingredients, shouldn't be much of a concern.

Sipex
2011-06-08, 01:04 PM
Sims 3? Nope. You gotta buy them.

You can get them delivered to your home but that still requires a front door.

Winthur
2011-06-08, 01:47 PM
Just sell and buy a new fridge whenever you run out of food. As far as I know, you can sell paintings by magically teleporting them into the air. You can survive.

The problem might be paying bills.

Ailurus
2011-06-08, 01:48 PM
Sims 3? Nope. You gotta buy them.

You can get them delivered to your home but that still requires a front door.

Does removing the front door mess with the 'have a quick meal' option at all? if not, the sims should be able to live forever just on the free cereal and canned soup. (or do those deplete after some point?)

Sipex
2011-06-08, 01:49 PM
OH RIGHT

I forgot, those are eternal. You're fine.