PDA

View Full Version : Faerie Dragon [Pathfinder]

Thefurmonger
2011-06-08, 03:45 PM
This is a question about the Pathfinder game

So I am playing a level 6 CN Beguiller in a Eberron Campaign.

The Character is a Enchantment speced gambler.

Currently I am rocking a Raven familliar named Trevor.

I have been trying to decide on if I want to take Imp familliar at 7th or not, and if so what to take.

The Imp seemed to be the Best, at least as far as crunch goes. but the RP just doesnt work.

Anyway, I am currently looking at the Faerie Dragon (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/dragons/dragon-faerie), but I have a few questions.

The DC of its BW is based on its HD, as a familliar does that go up as it counts as having my HD?

It has a spell like of greater invis, thats great and all but it is at CL 3. So thats 3 rounds.... is there any way to make this better?

Really any advice you can give would be great, or not advice and just your oppinion is fine too.

Thanks again

NamelessNPC
2011-06-08, 06:39 PM
The familiar uses your character level for effects related to the number of HD
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/wizard#TOC-Familiars

So, yeah, greater invisibility would be 3 rounds.

However, I can't find the faerie dragon in the list of familiars. Are you using Pathfinder rules?

IthroZada
2011-06-08, 06:44 PM
However, I can't find the faerie dragon in the list of familiars. Are you using Pathfinder rules?

The link provided says the Faerie Dragon is not part of the core rules, but explains how to get it as a familiar at the bottom of the page.

nyarlathotep
2011-06-08, 07:00 PM
CL is equal to hitdice, a familiar's number of hitdice is considered to be equal to their master's, thus it will naturally increase with level up.

Thefurmonger
2011-06-08, 07:11 PM
CL is equal to hitdice, a familiar's number of hitdice is considered to be equal to their master's, thus it will naturally increase with level up.

Ok, so in this case when I am 7th level he will count as caster level 7 but will still only cast have the spells known of a 3rd level Sorcerer?

And he will have the Breath weapon DC based on 7HD.

Wow, ok that seems way better. 7 Rounds of Greater Invis vs 3.

And a base DC for the BW of 10+(7/2)3+1=14 Well ok still not that good but you cant have everything.

Thanks for the help.

Thefurmonger
2011-06-08, 07:12 PM

Yes the Faerie Dragon is not from the Core rules but is from the Adventure path #31.

So it is Pathfinder, just not core.