PDA

View Full Version : Small Dungeoncrasher?

zyborg
2011-06-08, 06:14 PM
Is there a way to make a decent Dungeoncrasher with a Small-sized race? Like a Halfling or Gnome Dungeoncrasher variant FIghter?

Thurbane
2011-06-08, 06:18 PM
Well, Redcaps are a small fey with Powerful Build, but their RHD & LA make them pretty subpar as PC races.

You could get a small race, say a halfling, into the Stoneblessed PrC, to qualify for the Goliath Barbarian ability to increase in size when raging, but that might defeat the purpose of this build.

Big Fau
2011-06-08, 06:18 PM
Bull Rushing is dependent on Size categories, so you're really hurting yourself with Small size. Add in that you can't Bull Rush something two or more sizes bigger than you, and that very few high-level encounters are Tiny-sized, and you have no real advantage.

If you still want to fling things around, try looking into Swordsage (Setting Sun maneuvers specifically). You aren't restricted by size with those.

zyborg
2011-06-08, 06:22 PM
Okay... I want to flingsmash people and destroybreak objects as a Small-sized character, so Setting Sun and Stone Dragon Swordsage probably is the best...

Big Fau
2011-06-08, 06:27 PM
Okay... I want to flingsmash people and destroybreak objects as a Small-sized character, so Setting Sun and Stone Dragon Swordsage probably is the best...

Was it really necessary for you to use compound words there? I know WotC's been doing it a lot lately, but they are bad examples to follow.

Cog
2011-06-08, 06:28 PM
Psychic Warrior or any other psionic class with EK can get you up to Large size. Theoretically, this stacks with the Goliath rage. Also, you only need to be Large to get into War Hulk, not to keep progressing in it, and each level of that is +1 to your bull rush checks, so that's probably the only option if you want to mostly remain Small.

zyborg
2011-06-20, 04:24 PM
Okay, now I just want to play something that breaks things, regardless of size. Should I do a Dungeoncrasher, a ToB character with Stone Dragon, or something else?

Hiro Protagonest
2011-06-20, 04:26 PM
Okay, now I just want to play something that breaks things, regardless of size. Should I do a Dungeoncrasher, a ToB character with Stone Dragon, or something else?

Multiclass. Dungeoncrasher fighter 2/swordsage X/dungeoncrasher fighter +4/swordsage +X.

BillyBobJoe
2011-06-20, 04:26 PM

Play a wizard. They break entire games regardless of size.:smalltongue:

Seriously though, I would suggest a ToB character.

BlueInc
2011-06-20, 06:27 PM
Play a wizard. They break entire games regardless of size.:smalltongue:

Actually, not a bad idea.

Get some transmutation spells to buff yourself and swing for the fences.