View Full Version : Move action and attack question

NullShadow
2011-06-08, 07:29 PM
Hey guys, just a quick question.

per PHB

MOVEMENT
Each character has a speed measured in feet. You can move that
distance as a move action. You can take a move action before or after
a standard action on your turn in a round.
You can instead forego a standard action and take two move
actions in a round, which lets you move double your speed. Or you
can run, which lets you move quadruple your speed but takes all of
your actions for the round.

if this is the case, if you don't move your full speed (30 for medium) can you make an attack in the middle of your move action?

Example: say i am targeting a caster 10' ahead of me, in the 5' square to my left could i move the 10' to him, attack, then proceed the remainder of my 20' to end my turn?

Cog
2011-06-08, 07:40 PM
You can take the move action before or after your standard, but even if you only use it to move 5', it's still a move action, and you only get the one. You need an ability such as Flyby Attack or Spring Attack to split your move, or you need some way of getting an extra move action in a turn.

myancey
2011-06-08, 07:53 PM
You can take the move action before or after your standard, but even if you only use it to move 5', it's still a move action, and you only get the one. You need an ability such as Flyby Attack or Spring Attack to split your move, or you need some way of getting an extra move action in a turn.

Exactly true.

TroubleBrewing
2011-06-08, 07:56 PM
For future reference, there is a "D&D 3.5 RAW FAQ" thread for questions like this one.

More people watch over that one, and you're more likely to get a rules quotation faster there.

Plus, you know, it's the dedicated thread for this sort of thing. :smalltongue:

NullShadow
2011-06-08, 08:00 PM
my bad and thanks :)