PDA

View Full Version : Do Dvati split class features?

Kobold-Bard
2011-06-09, 12:15 PM
eg. Binder or Incarnate.

Do you think both twins should have access to all Vestiges bound? Or should they have to decide which twin gets which Vestiges?

I assume the Dvati split the number of Soulmelds/Soul Binds between themselves. However could both twins wear a waist-slot meld at the same time, or would one be unable to if the other was?

Martial manoeuvres too. Does each twin ready & refresh their alloted amount of manoeuvres or do they have a shared pool to draw from?

Just looking for some opinions, obviously no answer will be objectively right. Which do you think would work best in game?

Thanks,
K-B

FMArthur
2011-06-09, 01:38 PM
It's probably better for balance and gameflow coherence to have them treated as one character for those purposes. So a 5th-level Binder Dvati would have to use one vestige on both even though they can use it for different actions, and a Swordsage Dvati would only have one set of readied maneuvers.

This is probably just not in the rules, though. My opinion on its design intent lies that way. Two actions for just 1 LA and about 30% less HP is powerful enough without getting to be super versatile as well.

Kobold-Bard
2011-06-09, 01:41 PM
It's probably better for balance and gameflow coherence to have them treated as one character for those purposes. So a 5th-level Binder Dvati would have to use one vestige on both even though they can use it for different actions, and a Swordsage Dvati would only have one set of readied maneuvers.

This is probably just not in the rules, though. My opinion on its design intent lies that way. Two actions for just 1 LA and about 30% less HP is powerful enough without getting to be super versatile as well.

So a Binder would split the Vestiges between the two to you? What happens until they can Bind more than one in that instance, does the other twin just have to stand in the corner?

BluesEclipse
2011-06-09, 01:49 PM
My interpretations:

A Dvati is two bodies, one soul. Binding, as such, would apply to both of them.

Soulmelds are specifically stated to be based on the physical form, in terms of chakras available. Meaning that a Dvati Pair can shape two soulmelds for each chakra, and bind as such. They still have a single total limit of soulmelds, chakra binds, and essentia. (Alternatively, if this is deemed too powerful, you could say any soulmelds are applied to both.)

For Spellcasting/Maneuvers: Both of them share from the same pool of spells prepared/maneuvers readied.

FMArthur
2011-06-09, 01:51 PM
So a Binder would split the Vestiges between the two to you? What happens until they can Bind more than one in that instance, does the other twin just have to stand in the corner?

I'd just treat both of them as having the same bound vestige off of each binding. Having one or two bindings available doesn't affect that house rule.