+12| Moderate, Maid control +6, Maid Conversion [/table]

Hit Dice:
d4

Skill Pool:
4+int mod (x4 at first level)

Class Skills:

Class Features:

Weapons and armor:
Maidlords are not proficient with any armor or shields, and are proficient with simple weapons, and light weapons such as the Rapier.

Grant Life:
A number of times per week equal to the Maidlord's charisma modifier, the Maidlord can bring one person back from the dead as long as they did not die more then charisma modifier = minutes or more. The subject must be willing, can be used before they die (at 0- -9 hp) The resurrected person is then fully healed, and forever bound to the Maidlord in mind, body, and soul. They cannot go against the Maidlord's will, nor can they do anything that would bring harm to the Maidlord or the Maidlord's property, reputation, or status. This is a mental compulsory effect breakable only by Wish, Miracle, or Reality Revision, or Deity intervention.
A Maidlord cannot have a number of servants in this manner more then character level +charisma modifier.

Moderate:
The Maidlord can shift statistics around between her servants. Cannot be used if it would kill a servant or endanger her life (1- -9)
Lv 1: As a standard action, the Maidlord can move up to charisma modifier + character levels worth of HP from one servant granted through Grant Life, to another servant effected by Grant Life or the Maidlord herself.
Lv 4: As a standard action, the Maidlord can move HP from one servant as the Lv 1 ability, to another servant granting half the used HP as deflection modifier to AC for Charisma modifier = rounds.
Lv 8: As a standard action the Maidlord can move HP from one servant as the Lv 1 ability to another servant, granting half used HP as temporary ability score increase to one ability lasting Cha mod = rounds.
Lv 12: The Maidlord can now do this as a swift action.
Lv 16: The Maidlord can user her own HP for half the cost (1 Maidlord HP = 2 HP granted)
Lv 20: The Maidlord can use HP from multiple servants at once.

Maid Control:
You can control the legendary Maids with more skill. Every four levels the Maidlords Maid Control score increases. At level one, this score is +1, meaning you can control 1 more maid then normal for a total of two Maids.
You also increase effective Maid Class levels for scaling effects relating to it, much like the Practiced Spellcaster feat for wizards. This is just a bonus, not an actual increase in levels.
For every maid within Maidlord levels x 5ft, you gain a bonus equal to half Maid Control (minimum 1) to will saves, deflection bonus to AC, and effective caster level for Dominance.

Maid Conversion:
The Maidlord can alter the Servant granted life more effectively, If willing, the Maidlord can convert a number of servant's character levels into Maid (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11035434#post11035434) levels.
at level one you can convert one character level into Maid levels.
at level ten, equal to Maidlord charisma modifier.
at level 20, you can convert all character levels into Maid levels.

Can only be used once on a servant once, Converted Maids are considered to already have a contract with you. You can still make a contract with maids normally, and they may progress as a Maid normally. You cannot have more Maids then your Maid Control score.

Dominance:
The Maidlord gains a spell like ability every two levels, each usable per day equal to charisma modifier x 2 - spell level as though with a Caster level equal to Maidlord levels.
1: Charm Person
3: Calm Emotions
5: Suggestion
7: Heroism
9: Charm Monster
11: Geas/Quest
13: Insanity
15: Demand
17: Dominate Monster
19: Mass Charm Monster (as charm monster, but all within 25ft +5/level)
Special: once per day per charisma mod, You can give yourself a boost of 4 charisma and 2 appearance for unmodified cha mod = rounds.

Master's Voice:
The voice of the Maidlord is a wondrous thing, While to allies it may seem to be the sweetest and most protective thing, while to enemies it seems to be sharp, commanding, and inspires fear. It works at range: Perception-Oratory/verbal. Meaning all who can hear you are effected. Usable a number of times per day equal to your charisma modifier.
2: Allies: +cha mod competence bonus to skill checks, Enemies: -cha to skill checks.
6: Allies: +cha mod will saves Enemies: -cha mod, will saves.
9: Allies: +cha mod to attacks, Enemies: -cha mod to attack
12: Allies: +cha mod to damage, Enemies: -cha mod to damage
15: Allies: +cha mod as Fast Healing. Enemies: -cha mod to healing effects on them.
18: Allies: +cha mod as AC Enemies: -cha mod as AC.

Infusions:
The Maidlord gains infusions as a Artificer of 3/4th her level. The Maidlord can always target her servants bound by Grant Life. Example: Maidlord level 2 uses infusions as a 1st level Artificer.

Maidlord-based high-power campaign

For a campaign where a Maidlord and his Maids are meant to be extremely powerful, make the Maidlord a Gestalt character, with the restriction that he must take Maidlord as one class at every level. Other characters are not Gestalt by default.
In addition use the following Alternate Class Feature:

Maid Enhancement:
This ability replaces Maid Conversion, and may only be used in Maidlord-based, high-power campaigns (that is, the DM should offer this, never a player).

The Maidlord can alter the Servant granted life more effectively, etching a maid's training and abilities into their being more efficiently than would otherwise be possible.
At level one, a Maidlord can 'etch' one class level onto any that he has used Grant Life on; this class level becomes a Gestalt of their existing class and Maid.
The Maidlord can 'etch' one more Maid level for every two Maidlord class levels after (so at 2nd level, they can 'etch' two class levels, then a third at4th, 6th, 8th, etc.).
Once a servant has five levels 'etched' in this way, they can take all future levels as a Gestalt, with the restriction that one side must be in the Maid class.
Abilities granted by Maid do not stack with levels granted otherwise (so a Magic Maid's casting abilities are separate from those of a Sorcerer).

Converted Maids are considered to have a contract forged with you immediately. The Maidlord can still make a contract with maids normally, and any Maid may progress as a Maid normally. The Maidlord cannot have more Maids then your Maid Control score.

NekoIncardine
2011-06-09, 10:26 PM
I find this idea very fun, but the class needs quite some work.

First off, this class has nothing outside of the maid control talents... Which are not really all that strong. Many of the class' effects can be attained through existing PrCs and/or the Leadership feat.

There's lots of minor consistency things (You mix second and third person in descriptions), but that's ultimately more naggling.

Maid Control's base level is unspecified.

I would buff Moderate to allow for manipulating more than HP. Moderate's "deflection modifier" needs to specify that it is (at least I presume) a bonus to AC.

I would give a good hard look at the Beguiler from the Player's Handbook II, and copy some abilities from there to help fill the class out.

Alternatively, while this would have major balance effects, you could have Maidlords simply be stinking rich - their Wealth By Level equalling their own plus that of every Maid they own perhaps? (This being in addition to the Maid's own WBL reflecting their items.)

Again, awesome premise, it just needs more to do, especially in the implicitly adventuring-centric D&D.

Cipher Stars
2011-06-09, 11:47 PM
I find this idea very fun, but the class needs quite some work.

First off, this class has nothing outside of the maid control talents... Which are not really all that strong. Many of the class' effects can be attained through existing PrCs and/or the Leadership feat.

Have you read the Maid? the Maids themselves are the main feature, and the Maids are very buff I believe. So having 6 perfectly loyal Maids at level 20 I think is actually quite grand. If you've read the Maid and still believe this, granted it kinda sounds like you did, then alright I'll see what I can do.

There's lots of minor consistency things (You mix second and third person in descriptions), but that's ultimately more naggling.

Maid Control's base level is unspecified.

base level?

I would buff Moderate to allow for manipulating more than HP. Moderate's "deflection modifier" needs to specify that it is (at least I presume) a bonus to AC.

What else should it allow?

I would give a good hard look at the Beguiler from the Player's Handbook II, and copy some abilities from there to help fill the class out.

I... don't have PHII.. *corner of shame* {{scrubbed}}

Alternatively, while this would have major balance effects, you could have Maidlords simply be stinking rich - their Wealth By Level equalling their own plus that of every Maid they own perhaps? (This being in addition to the Maid's own WBL reflecting their items.)

.... 10/10. adding.

Benly
2011-06-09, 11:50 PM
Have you read the Maid? the Maids themselves are the main feature, and the Maids are very buff I believe. So having 6 perfectly loyal Maids at level 20 I think is actually quite grand. If you've read the Maid and still believe this, granted it kinda sounds like you did, then alright I'll see what I can do.

The thing is, it's generally good form for the character himself to have something to do. If nothing else, some powers to buff and/or heal the maids wouldn't go amiss ("Master's Voice"?)

Cipher Stars
2011-06-09, 11:54 PM
The thing is, it's generally good form for the character himself to have something to do. If nothing else, some powers to buff and/or heal the maids wouldn't go amiss ("Master's Voice"?)

That was what Moderate was intended to do, all the while flaunting their control by using another maid/simple servant's HP.

Though your Master's Voice gave me an idea for a Break Enchantment like class feature.

T.G. Oskar
2011-06-10, 01:47 AM
Not much to say about the class, except...

Are you going for the Head Maid and Butler? Specifically the Butler. You can have the many incarnations of the Butler, from the Alfred to the Walter, with a hefty dose of the Hayate as well :P

Cipher Stars
2011-06-10, 01:53 AM
Not much to say about the class, except...

Are you going for the Head Maid and Butler? Specifically the Butler. You can have the many incarnations of the Butler, from the Alfred to the Walter, with a hefty dose of the Hayate as well :P

they're... actually.... masters.... ._. :smallfrown:

Maidlord= lord(or lady!) of maids. Kinda like Magelord, Lord of Mages.
guess that typically implies they themselves are one... damn..

Guess Head Maid T-T

Dumbledore lives
2011-06-10, 02:00 AM
The major thing I don't like this is the resurrection class feature at first level. At that point you're basically an above average human, bringing someone back to life, even just a little bit is too much. You should move it to a later level, I'd think 7 a the earliest because that is when Druids can bring some semblance of life back to a person.

DoomHat
2011-06-10, 02:01 AM
Master of Maids? Maid Patron? Maid Benefactor? Does the English language have a word for "One who owns a harem?"

...Have you created a Pimp Class here?!

Cipher Stars
2011-06-10, 02:04 AM
Master of Maids? Maid Patron? Maid Benefactor? Does the English language have a word for "One who owns a harem?"

...Have you created a Pimp Class here?!

Yes, Yes I have.

NekoIncardine
2011-06-10, 02:55 AM
The major thing I don't like this is the resurrection class feature at first level. At that point you're basically an above average human, bringing someone back to life, even just a little bit is too much. You should move it to a later level, I'd think 7 a the earliest because that is when Druids can bring some semblance of life back to a person.

This is a good point; the issue is that the revive is how Maidlords get their power over Maids, so another contracting method would need to be devised.

As for the comment about the "base" of Maid Control, what I mean is I actually do not see an ability for flat-out controlling a Maid yet, unless I am just spacing out.

For how to give the Maidlord shinyfun... I suggest something akin to Artificer Infusions if you have the Eberron Campaign Setting... Except, naturally, your character infuses their maids.

Cipher Stars
2011-06-10, 03:29 AM
As for the comment about the "base" of Maid Control, what I mean is I actually do not see an ability for flat-out controlling a Maid yet, unless I am just spacing out.

base method is as described in the Maid class, Normally a person can only ever have one Contract with a Maid.

As for artificiers, I haven't read much... at all. on them.

Delegreg
2011-06-10, 05:22 AM
Artificers are some kind of arcane casters who only have spells with range "one construct" or "one object". These are called "Infusions" rather than "Spells".

As such, they don't cast "Bull's Strength" on you, but they may cast it on your belt, effectively creating a temporary Girdle of Giant Strength.

They get most item creation feats for free during their progression, can emulate requirements when crafting magic items, gain free XP to craft magic items, can scavenge XP from existing magic items, all in all, they are the artisans who build magic items.

They also get the "Craft Homonculus" feat, with which they can craft constructs who are akin to Familiars. One of my players crafted a pack of Iron wolves who act as his bodyguards.

What would be neat is to give the maidlord a small range of spells to buff/customize the maids. Think "Pimp my Maid" as in "Pimp my Ride" ;-)

Cipher Stars
2011-06-10, 08:41 AM
Think "Pimp my Maid" as in "Pimp my Ride" ;-)

well, They could be one and the same if your into that sorta thing/ :smallwink:

I'll be back... Inward to.... what ever book Artificers are in.

Burnheart
2011-06-10, 09:11 AM
well, They could be one and the same if your into that sorta thing/ :smallwink:

I'll be back... Inward to.... what ever book Artificers are in.

That would be the Eberron campain setting Cipher.

Benly
2011-06-10, 04:11 PM
The Dominance abilities are "usable per day equal to charisma modifier x 1 - spell level". I may be misreading, but I can't actually figure out what that's supposed to mean. Reading it straight as is, it comes out to charisma modifier minus spell level, but the "x 1" doesn't make much sense in that case.

Is it supposed to be a different number instead of the 1? Am I just reading it entirely wrong?

Cipher Stars
2011-06-10, 04:14 PM
The Dominance abilities are "usable per day equal to charisma modifier x 1 - spell level". I may be misreading, but I can't actually figure out what that's supposed to mean. Reading it straight as is, it comes out to charisma modifier minus spell level, but the "x 1" doesn't make much sense in that case.

Is it supposed to be a different number instead of the 1? Am I just reading it entirely wrong?

Cha mod x 2.

NekoIncardine
2011-06-12, 12:12 PM
Suggested variant:

Maidlord-based high-power campaign

For a campaign where a Maidlord and his Maids are meant to be extremely powerful, make the Maidlord a Gestalt character, with the restriction that he must take Maidlord as one class at every level. Other characters are not Gestalt by default.
In addition use the following Alternate Class Feature:

Maid Enhancement:
This ability replaces Maid Conversion, and may only be used in Maidlord-based, high-power campaigns (that is, the DM should offer this, never a player).

The Maidlord can alter the Servant granted life more effectively, etching a maid's training and abilities into their being more efficiently than would otherwise be possible.
At level one, a Maidlord can 'etch' one class level onto any that he has used Grant Life on; this class level becomes a Gestalt of their existing class and Maid.
The Maidlord can 'etch' one more Maid level for every two Maidlord class levels after (so at 2nd level, they can 'etch' two class levels, then a third at4th, 6th, 8th, etc.).
Once a servant has five levels 'etched' in this way, they can take all future levels as a Gestalt, with the restriction that one side must be in the Maid class.
Abilities granted by Maid do not stack with levels granted otherwise (so a Magic Maid's casting abilities are separate from those of a Sorcerer).

Converted Maids are considered to have a contract forged with you immediately. The Maidlord can still make a contract with maids normally, and any Maid may progress as a Maid normally. The Maidlord cannot have more Maids then your Maid Control score.

Vauron
2011-06-12, 04:06 PM
Infusions:
The Maidlord gains infusions as a Artificer of twice her level. The Maidlord can always target her servants bound by Grant Life. Example: Maidlord level 2 uses infusions as a 1st level Artificer.

I think you made an error writing this, 'as an Artificer of twice her level' means that a level 10 Maidlord uses infusions as a level 20 Artificier.

Cipher Stars
2011-06-12, 05:20 PM
Yes that was a mistake.

hm... I'll copypasta that variant into the first post.