PDA

View Full Version : Odd Jobs from the Inventor IC: Among Thieves

Pages : [1] 2

Jjeinn-tae
2011-06-09, 10:51 PM
Much of the civilized world knows of Kawas, the great inventor of Neraine. Many a king has commissioned her services for the creation of engines of war, or agriculture, wizards for high quality inks and alembics, warriors for powerful armor and weaponry.

Understandably, it caused quite a stir when she posted a notice on her door, killing two birds with one stone. She would be hiring out adventurers to solve the non-mundane problems of the highest bidder, supplying them with pay, and quite eager to take that pay in exchange for her creations. On the simple condition that they do some field testing for her along the way...

Those who heed her call find themselves at her shop on the outer city limits of Neraine; a large masonry building of what looks to be 5 rooms from the outside. Her notice still nailed to the door. Those that enter hear a bell ring, and the young woman at the counter with short black hair, quickly looks up from her book and waves you in. "Welcome!" she says with a smile. Various bits and bobs are scattered in an orderly fashion on many a shelf throughout the large room.

Lemunde
2011-06-09, 11:15 PM
Thindvan of Akra

While passing by the rather large building, the note on the door caught Thindvan's eye. Something about that note drew him to it. He stared at the note for a full three minutes before asking a passerby (OOC: possibly another player) in a somewhat embarrassed tone "Um... Hey you! Ah... Can you tell me what this says?"

Tjallen
2011-06-09, 11:18 PM
The Red Knight

*Politely reads the note out loud, in a calm monotone voice* Hmm, sounds like it could be enlightening. Are you applying as well?

Lemunde
2011-06-09, 11:31 PM
Thindvan

"I am Thindvan of Akra. Among my clan I am known as Thundercat. So from what you read I gather this job may involve a bit of travel. If the pay's good it might be worth looking into." Thindvan looks over at the...humanoid he's been talking to for the first time. "Can't say I've seen your kind before. What do they call you?"

Tjallen
2011-06-09, 11:47 PM
The Red Knight

"They call me The Red Knight, i am a cleric of Ollin Tonatiuh God of Glory and the Sun. The Red Knight looks at Thindvand noticing his high age. My kind? I am but a human who's been blessed by the gods. I see you are blessed as well, not many from the clans live past their 20th winter. Or that's what I've read.

Gandariel
2011-06-09, 11:48 PM
Miles randomly overhears the conversation: Adventurers... item creation... testing... pay.. Jackpot!

Oh, hello fellows, i just heard what you were saying about this.. and my wallet happens to be empty, so i and my greatsword would like to apply.. since i understand you're applying to, i'd better introduce myself: i'm Miles Teg

Lemunde
2011-06-09, 11:58 PM
Thindvan

"Ha!" Thindvan bellows out at The Red Knight's remark. "Among my people we are considered fortunate if we live past our first battle. I must have been..." Thindvan starts counting on his fingers. "Well, I was pretty young. Anyways it gets easier the more battles you fight. But you're right, I am somewhat of an elder among my people. I guess you could call this my retirement."

Tjallen
2011-06-10, 12:05 AM
"Indeed, well i hope you..." Looks up at Miles, "Greetings Miles, I'm known as The Red Knight, And this is Thindvan. Anyways as i was saying, I hope you join in, a clansman that have lived past his first battle is indeed someone i'd like having on my side. You too Miles. Another sword will definitively become a boon."

Lemunde
2011-06-10, 12:10 AM
Thindvan

"Sounds good to me." Without waiting for the others, Thindvan walks inside, jumping slightly at the bell as he opens the door. Looking around he sees the strange objects lining the shelves and curiously walks up to one and starts poking at it.

Hellfire014
2011-06-10, 12:18 AM
"Money and probable fighting, eh?" a voice from behind you says. "Sounds right up my alley. The name's Gil, a mercenary from the west. Is this party full, or is there room for one more?

Tjallen
2011-06-10, 12:18 AM
"We Do not currently know how many are needed, but if you are interested then i welcome you, Gil."Follows in after Thindvan, looking interested at the woman behind the counter. "Are you by any chance miss Kawas?"

Gandariel
2011-06-10, 12:19 AM
Miles raises his hand and a little, nigh invisible energy spark appears between his fingers if we're going to work together i'll have to show you a little thing i can do.. but that can surely wait

Miles follows and goes in the "shop" hm.. this guy needs random meatbags to TEST his creations. doesn't look sure. i don't think it's a good idea start poking them, one of them could turn out to be the biggest explosion ever..

Jjeinn-tae
2011-06-10, 04:07 AM
The woman's eyes dart towards Thindvan as he peruses the shelves, for the brief moment before The Knight addresses her. With a nod of the head, and a subconscious reaching towards her short hair, she speaks. I am, Miss Kawas of Neraine, but you may call me Kawas. I'm guessing by the conversation that you lot are here for the job offering and not the first walk-in customers I've had for a long while. A momentary toothy grin flashes across her face.

Tjallen
2011-06-10, 09:30 AM
"Your guess is correct, we are here about the job offering, some" looks briefly at Thindvan "are also quite interested in how much this job would pay, if you would care to enlighten us it would be most appreciated Miss Kawas.

Hircine
2011-06-10, 11:06 AM
Nathaniel Leinheart - Duskblade

The tall imposing from of Nathaniel walks swiftly down the street, his right hand poised directly near his blades hilt. The human's eyes shift carefully, watching each person that passes him by. As Nathaniel passes a large building a note posted on the door catches his attention.

Taking the time to read over the note several times Nathaniel reaches down to open the door. He stops himself and promptly turns away heading down the path. He pauses however looking at the signet ring on his finger and the recent plight of his family. Nathaniel sighs heavily to himself as he returns to the door with the job notice.

Taking a deep breath he pulls the door open noticing the sound of the bell that was strategically placed overhead. Noticing the other gathered people in the shop Nathaniel guesses that he isn't the only one seeking gainful employment. Hanging near the back Nathaniel remains quiet wondering what Kawas has planned.

Jjeinn-tae
2011-06-10, 04:44 PM
"Yes, payment; That depends more on what the person supplying the field is paying. I take a bit off the top for supplying the labor, and the rest will be split between all of you. She looks to the door as Nathaniel walks in, and with the sun coming out from behind the clouds, you get a better look. Green eyes, and quite a bit of black of her right cheek, probably soot.

"Of course, I need to see how you operate before I really send you out with something important. It wouldn't be good for my business to send random people out there with potentially dangerous equipment. Luckily I already have a test ready!"

Kawas bends below her counter for a bit, you hear the shuffling of many papers and metallic objects. When she reemerges, she slaps a small metal rectangle on the counter, just barely the size of her palm.

"About 2 hours north of here, one of the outer farms was robbed by a relatively well known guild of thieves in the city. Since then, they have left their mark at three other sites, each time getting closer to the heart of Neraine. The strangest thing though, is what is stolen doesn't seem to be of worth stealing even. The city contacted me to see what they were up to... apparently they think me a miracle worker and that I could build something to figure it out. I cannot do this, but I do have a brain." She abruptly goes into a singsong voice. "I know where they li-ive."

Hellfire014
2011-06-10, 05:03 PM
"Thieves?" Gil asks, confused. "Why would thieves steal from a farm, and aside from food or farming tools, what could they possibly take from them? And if this guild is so well known, why would they stoop so low?"

Tjallen
2011-06-10, 05:27 PM
"If we know where they live it should not be a problem to set up a trap, or if they are simple thieves - storm the hideout and make them... incapable of stealing." The Red Knight looks at Gil and says: "Perhaps the farm is used for something besides farming, who knows? Maybe the farm housed thieves not in the thieves guild?" Turns back around and looks interested at the metal rectangle, "May i ask what this is, Miss Kawas?"

Lemunde
2011-06-10, 05:37 PM
Thindvan

Thindvan turns his attention away from the strange object he was poking at. "Thieves? Doesn't sound all that exciting. They like to think they're really something when they're scurrying around in the dark but once you flush them out it's easy enough to make them bleed. And if the woman says she knows where they live then this will be all the easier."

Jjeinn-tae
2011-06-10, 05:55 PM
Kawas picks up the metal bar and waves it around with her thumb and forefinger. "Well, its about an inch deep, an inch wide, three inches long, weighs about two grams, and it's part of your test." She points it at Thindvan. "And I have introduced myself here, sir. You do not need to pretend I cannot hear you." She laughs a bit. "Anyways, Neraine officials have granted you the authority to use what means you deem necessary to figure it out, and stop them if you're capable. They're worried because they can't tell what it is that is the guild is planning." She holds the bar out towards The Knight.

"Also, if you're going to be working for me, it would be nice to know something that I could call you."

Tjallen
2011-06-10, 06:22 PM
Looks puzzled at the gesture "Oh im sorry Miss Kawas, it's just that I've introduced myself 3 times in a row before entering your shop, i must have forgotten to introduce myself, I am know as The Red Knight, Cleric of Ollin Tonatiuh. Part of the test you say? Hm what is needed to pass this test?" Slowly reaches out for the Metal Rectangle "Do you mind if i examine it. Miss Kawas?"

Lemunde
2011-06-10, 06:23 PM
Thindvan

"My apologies, um... miss. I'm still getting used to talking to women like they're men. Uh, by that I mean... um..." Thindvan decides to move on before he digs himself in any deeper. "Anyways I am called Thindvan of Akra."

Hellfire014
2011-06-10, 07:11 PM
"I am Gil Treinas, I have no home to call my own." said the red-clad man. "If you don't mind me asking, what should this 'part of our test' do?"

Jjeinn-tae
2011-06-10, 09:23 PM
Kawas seemingly doesn't notice Thindvan's case of foot-in-mouth. "Akra, you're awfully far south, hope the humidity's not too bad for you." She smiles before returning her attention to the others. "You are free to examine it, I'm sure you'd do as much shortly after leaving anyways. And I'm afraid I cannot tell you what it does without voiding the test. The test is simply solve the thief situation; either figure out what their up to, stop them from acting, or both. It's not too difficult."

The Red Knight:
For those new to PbP, if you are not in the group above the spoiler, in this case just Tjallen, you are not supposed to read the spoiler. :smalltongue: This one is of little consequence, and if you feel like you can avoid metagaming it, go right ahead and read if you are dying with curiosity. :smalltongue:

The metal bar is pretty much as she described it, small and light. It seems thoroughly polished, with the look of steel. At either end of the length, there are small rectangular patterns carved into it. On the bottom (at least by how Kawas handed it to you) you notice a small space along the outer rim, as if it is a metal bar fitted into a cover. It does not seem to come apart.

Tjallen
2011-06-10, 10:09 PM
So if we figure out what they are up to we can avoid bloodshed? Interesting." The Red Knight once again turns his attention to the rectangle, after thinking for a moment he looks up at Kawas "Miss Kawas you wouldn't happen to have a small thin tool? Like a pry or a piece of iron? If so could i borrow it for a while?"

Hircine
2011-06-11, 12:18 AM

Listening intently as Kawas spoke Nathaniel became quite interested with the task. Clearing his throat he steps forward giving a slight bow to Kawas.

"I am known as Nathaniel Leinheart and I will endeavor to assist this group in remedying the thief problem, miss Kawas."

ben-zayb
2011-06-11, 01:24 AM
Vo
The young man Vo Casteltort is strolling around the city when he happened to pass by a notice nailed to door from a huge building. Adventures? Field Testing? I might discover a lot of things with this! Plus, I get to publish my own book with my new discoveries with the pay that I'll receive!

He barges inside the building, sees the group of people, and then shouts with his still childlike voice, "Sweet greetings, fellows! Am I interrupting something? I saw a note posted at the door, so I was wondering if any of you is in charge of the mission. My name is Vo Casteltort, aspiring-researcher from the Casteltort Bibliotheke."
After that he bows and politely smiles at the people.

Jjeinn-tae
2011-06-11, 02:14 AM
"Hmm, you've got a bit of tinker in you." She then states plainly. "No. If you want to open it, you're going to have to find your own means."

Her green eyes pan to Nathaniel, and shortly later to Vo when he barges in. "You may both accompany them. You'll probably need some numbers if you're planning on assaulting the Bloodwings on their own turf."

Anyone having spent time in or around the city of Neraine for a while have probably heard of the Bloodwings. The guild, while not a prime time thieves guild, are not a small one either. Their skill is not legendary, but their usual faire does not seem random small-time robberies.

Gandariel
2011-06-11, 05:48 AM
My name is Miles Teg. i really hope you guys can figure out what to do with that thing, i'm much better at hitting things than thinking..

So, if this guild is so big i don't think we can face it openly, just the few of us.
Maybe a bit of investigation is needed, before we face this guild.

sorry, i couldn't log in for a problem of mine.. now everything will be ok ^^

ben-zayb
2011-06-11, 07:36 AM
Vo eyed the rather familiar lady while attempting to recompose himself from his outrageous and embarassing entrance. Suddenly the realization hit him...
She is Kawas... the Kawas! Though I don't get it... what's the deal with the Blackwings?

He then spoke to Kawas: "Pardon my uncouth behavior earlier milady, my childish emotions sometimes gets the better of me. I also cannot help but notice, aren't you the genius named Kawas? Oh, the inventor Kawas crossing paths with the Blackwings sure is intruiging."

OOC:
Technically he never heard the previous conversations about the Blackwings stealing stuff from the farms. He was just surprised that a figure like Kawas was recruiting people to take care of the Blackwings. :smallbiggrin:

Probably later (off-panel) he'll ask the other party members about that. He's more into the adventuring part anyway.

Tjallen
2011-06-11, 10:32 AM
"Well the simplest solution is sometimes the best." The Red Knight looks at the rectangle, he mumbles a few words and makes a complex gesture casting an orison. While under the effect of detect magic he studies the rectangle. Swiftly he looks at Vo Bloodwings not Blackwings, Mr. Casteltort.

The Red Knight quickly tries to remember if he has heard about these "Bloodwings" before.
I forgot how to roll -_-' again. Would be a lorecheck in here though.

Gandariel
2011-06-11, 01:08 PM
I'm not sure, we have to use that little thing to fight a thieves guild? can't we just use a sword?
swords are easy and fun!
i bet if i hit that thing i'll smash it in a sec

Lemunde
2011-06-11, 01:24 PM
Thindvan

"I agree. It's definitely easier to drive an axe through someone's skull than a flimsy piece of metal. But it sounds almost as fun. I'm up for either."

Hellfire014
2011-06-11, 01:25 PM
"Running up into a guild, sword drawn, with the obvious intention to kill. Subtle." Gil says, as he takes his backpack off and places it on the ground. (Ahh, much better.) "It is also suicidal. Thieves are tricky, and organized thieves even trickier. This shall require more finesse than simply running up and stabbing them in the face."

Lemunde
2011-06-11, 01:38 PM
Thindvan

"Well I've found a good tactic to get cowards who don't want to fight out of a building is to set fire to the place. Of course we weren't too concerned if we burned down the whole village in the process."

Tjallen
2011-06-11, 01:56 PM
"We could also find out what they are up to, but i guess that doesn't fit your fighting styles very much. Lets go over to their hideout and clean it up.

ben-zayb
2011-06-11, 02:22 PM
"Oh my poor soul! Seems like my ears are failing me today, good sir. Must have mistaken Bloodwings for Blackwings, a highly elite thieves guild," Vo told the Red Knight while gesturing a facepalm.

He continued,
"Gentlemen, from what I see, most of you are capable of dispatching the thieves with ease if we play by our strengths. I suggest doing the burning in broad daylight, when they can't use the dark of night to execute an ambush. This way they would be forced to engage us in OUR terms---and by our terms, i mean strong guys clobbering thieves one by one and the rest of us providing support to you and distraction to the enemy thieves."

Jjeinn-tae
2011-06-11, 02:40 PM
Kawas does little more than grin at the ongoing conversation. Those with good ears might notice a faint reverb of the voices in the room. She responds to Vo when he addresses her. "Yes, it is not my usual sort of work. The recent robberies the bloodwings have been committing make little sense. Nerainen Officials were hoping I could divine their purpose somehow." She, again laughs as she says this. "So it works well for your test. I would suggest clearing it with authorities before you torch the building though. I fire can spread in a city, despite our humidity here."

The Red Knight
Immediately you see many auras in your field of vision, with your focusing on the device, 18 seconds go by and you see that it has a moderate and a minor aura.

So, give me two Spellcraft Checks if you want to identify schools.

Gandariel
2011-06-11, 02:42 PM
Sounds fun! how many can we expect these thieves to be?
And anyway, since i guess it will be needed, i can also dispatch enemies from range, if needed, although i prefer using this (show sword)

Hellfire014
2011-06-11, 02:48 PM
"Now, I've only been in town for a couple days, but I'm pretty sure that arson would draw an equal amount of attention from the guards. And not necessarily the good kind." said Gil to Vo, before muttering under his breath.

Abyssal:
"Stupid pyromaniac mage, is he TRYING to get us killed or imprisoned?"

Tjallen
2011-06-11, 02:52 PM
Looks surprised at the amount of auras
[roll0] and [roll1]
"Hmm fun little trinket." Looks up at Miles "You don't seem to have a ranged weapon, are you a wizard of some kind?"

Gandariel
2011-06-11, 02:58 PM
No, magic is not for me. but i'm full of surprises, as you'll learn

Hircine
2011-06-11, 03:24 PM

Nathaniel watches the other party members discussion with interest for some time before finally chiming in.

"Normally I would be up for a night attack but it has already been said that such an attempt would be folly. However, what if one of us posed as a new potential member to this guild and tried to gleam information on their operation. Of course the rest of us should be in close proximity just in case. We would also need some kind of signal that the infiltrator could use to alert us to trouble. The reason I propose this action is because we know not the motives of these thieves. IF they were murders I'd have no problem charging in but in this case a little reconnaissance is worthwhile.

Nathaniel then turns to Kawas his hand gently rubbing his chin. "Where exactly is the guild located?

Jjeinn-tae
2011-06-11, 04:30 PM
"The guild's main home is a shop in the slums on the eastern portion of town. It's a pawn shop run by the dwarf Thorias, he manages to be one of the more successful merchants in the district. In the back of the building is the opening into their headquarters, though I do not know how exactly it works.

The Red Knight:
You identify both auras on the device. The minor aura is a Universal effect, while the moderate aura is Divination.

Tjallen
2011-06-11, 05:17 PM
The Red Knight looks up from the Rectangle.Miss Kawas i guess i won't get an answer, but is the universal spell Arcane mark or Prestidigitation. He pauses for a moment, "Do we also have permission to use unnecessary force against the dwarf, Miss Kawas?"

Lemunde
2011-06-11, 07:21 PM
Thindvan

Thindvan ***** an eye at The Red Knight. "You know if you want to keep secrets you can just ask the rest of us to leave. You don't have to start speaking in strange tongues." OOC: That's supposed to be "c0cks an eye..."

Tjallen
2011-06-11, 08:10 PM
The Red Knight looks up at Thindvan and says in a monotone voice: "I am examining this rectangle which seems to have two magical components - Do you really care about the mechanics behind how it works? I'm not even close to figuring out what it IS much less what it does. But if you can find a long thin piece of metal, like a lock-pick for example we can open it. But it's composed of a grade 1 to 3 universal effect and a grade 4 to 6 divination effect. If you want to discuss what it could be, i would be happy to comply, Mr Thindvan."

Lemunde
2011-06-11, 08:39 PM
Thindvan

Thindvan stares blankly at The Red Knight for several seconds before turning to Vo and saying "So, about burning down that building..."

Tjallen
2011-06-11, 08:48 PM
The Red Knight puts the rectangle in his pocket. "Nobody mind if i hold on to this for now right?"

Jjeinn-tae
2011-06-11, 10:32 PM
"I have not marked this one, there is little reason for me to do so here." Evidently sensing that she's becoming unnecessary in the conversation, Kawas looks back down to her book.

ben-zayb
2011-06-11, 10:38 PM
Turns at the Red Knight and speaks, "I think you already examined that object thoroughly, I may have to borrow it from you later just to be sure though."

Afterwards, Vo glanced towards Thindvan, nodded at him, and then quickly turned back at Kawas. A faint and brief smile can be seen from Vo's face before finally speaking.
"Madam, could we perhaps just notify the authorities later about the fire accident and let them take care of it, while our group attends to the rescuees?"

Abyssal:
I'm open to other options. But calling me stupid for proposing a probably workable plan isn't exactly a good way to start a team, no?

Tjallen
2011-06-11, 11:00 PM
Looks at Vo and Nods.
"I think we should think about acquiring some nets if we are going to flush them out with fire. And you may indeed see if later when we have the time, thus far it contains an universal spell with a faint aura, and as Miss Kawas said she didn't feel like marking it, i would go with Prestidigation. And a Divination effect of moderate power. So 4th to 6th spelllevel."

Hellfire014
2011-06-11, 11:05 PM
*Gil's eye twitches*
Abyssal
"Arsonists. I'm surrounded by arsonists."
*sighs* "When in Neraine..." Gil says, sounding defeated. "Looks like I'm an accomplice. Just don't expect me to lie for you if things go south."

ben-zayb
2011-06-11, 11:16 PM
Vo smiles at Gil and then says, "Well... coordinating with the authorities was what I actually had in mind. Though if needed, I may have a skill or two that involves...tweaking the truth."

Abyssal:
"Oh, being surrounded by stacks and heaps of vellum and paper my whole life sure conjures some nasty childhood fantasies methinks."

Tjallen
2011-06-11, 11:56 PM
Looks at Vo and Gil with a look of deep disgust and says in a monotone voice not hinting at any emotional involvement: "What is that vile language you speak? I would appreciate if you stopped talking like fiends this moment, Mr. Vo and Mr. Gil.

Guessing the ranks in knowledge would allow me to recognize a language spoken by demons, if not disregard the comment about fiends. If a lore check is needed here it is: [roll0] got a +3 not a +1 so it would be 2 higher than the actual result.

Lemunde
2011-06-12, 12:34 AM
Thindvan

Thindvan eye's Vo and Gil suspiciously. Before he can speak he's surprised when The Red Knight takes offense.

"Well, aside from that people only start swapping tongues when they want to keep something to themselves. A handy enough tactic, I'll grant it that. But all of us here are going to be working together and I won't work with someone I can't trust. If I ever hear any of you speaking in anything other than common to each other again I will assume you are saying something dishonorable about my mother and I will be very offended." At this last statement Thindvan taps the handle of his axe.

Jjeinn-tae
2011-06-12, 12:35 AM
Kawas looks up from her book, turning the page revealing a bit of a sheen in the light. "I doubt they'd be unable to put two and two together should they find the bloodwings' 'hideout' burning after hiring me to deal with them. You'd have to do some convincing if they are to truly believe it was an accident."

She grins a bit at the conversation occurring in Abyssal; it's not clear whether she can understand it, or just finds a hidden conversation amusing.

The Red Knight:
Bloodwings: You know little beyond the mundane knowledge that the average citizen of Neraine would know. They are not the newest organized crime group in town, but they are near that end of the spectrum. Not known for particular legendary skill, they still have managed to succeed in more of their crimes than not. There's often a bit of the mystical attributed to them, but any moderately successful criminal group gets that.

Blackwings: Considerably more major of a group, active through all major cities of Remia, and not just Neraine. Still, your time at the church has lessened the rumors of their exploits ability to reach your ears. Again, they have rumors of a mystical connection.

Hellfire014
2011-06-12, 12:55 AM
Gil looks warily at the the larger barbarian's axe. "I assure you, if I wanted on a warrior's good side, insulting his parentage is the LAST thing I would want to do."

Tjallen
2011-06-12, 01:07 AM
"Mr. Thindvan i am sure they spoke no ill of any of our mothers. I am sure the conversation was either really trivial or that they will reveal what it was about shortly. But i do hope they will refrain from speaking anything but common as it seems to be our shared language.
The Red Knight takes a small notebook and writes something down in it, in swirly letters that look pleasant to the eye.

Celestrial and looking over the shoulder.

Both Mr. Vo and Gil speaks some sort of fiendish, possibly abyssal. Need to ask them about it later.
Miss Kawas also seem to have understanding of the language.
On a different note device #1 can be open'd and contains an universal spell, most likely Prestidigation. It also contains a divination spell. 4-6th level. impossible to figure out which, possibly a tracking device so Miss Kawas can track us, would make sense.

Looks up from the notepad and addresses Thindvan in his usual monotone voice: "I'm just writing down my thoughts so i can keep track of them for later. I think a more... nondestructive.. method should be taken into consideration, do you think simply storming the shop would be a good choice, Mr. Thindvan and Mr. Miles?" gesturing toward Nathaniel The Red Knight says: "Do you have anything to add Mr? I didn't quite catch your name."

Lemunde
2011-06-12, 01:32 AM
Thindvan

"Look if you can come up with a more civilized way of getting the job done then I'm all ears. Where I come from we simply crush our enemies into submission. That's about where my strategic expertise ends."

ben-zayb
2011-06-12, 01:39 AM
Upon knowing the names of the people around him, Vo tells the Red Knight, "Thanks for the informal introduction good Sir, although your name I still am not aware of."

He then proceeds to politely speak to Thindvan. "Sir Thindvan, right? Look, I assure you, the only person that I probably insulted with my foreign speech was myself. Now I assume there is currently no need for a tighter grip of the axe, yes?"

Tjallen
2011-06-12, 01:43 AM
"no offence meant Mr. Thindvan, for now i see it as the best way, and also a good way to see how the group fares in battle, i shall provide as much support as i can, but i am not good with a sword."

Hircine
2011-06-12, 01:45 AM

"Well as I said earlier why not have one of s infiltrate this guild to get an idea of what their doing."

ben-zayb
2011-06-12, 01:52 AM
"Unless you volunteer yourself, good Sir, i think nobody is cunning enough to execute that kind of strategy."

Tjallen
2011-06-12, 01:55 AM
"Interesting idea, but we do not have time for initiation into the group, and they have most likely heard about Miss Kawas hiring. But if it works, who is most likely to fit in with a group of thieves? And though i like the idea, leaving one person alone in the lions den is possibly very dangerous, and we still don't know what your name is Mr.

Hircine
2011-06-12, 02:09 AM

"Leinheart, Nathaniel Leinheart as I said when I first arrived. Now as to my plan, is no one hear adept at methods of cloak and dagger. Of course were anyone willing to take the risk the rest of us would be in close proximity to help should trouble arise.

Tjallen
2011-06-12, 02:12 AM
"Oh, i am sorry i did not hear your introduction, dreadfully sorry Mr. Nathaniel."

Gandariel
2011-06-12, 02:17 AM
Putting one of us as an infiltrate is not going to be useful, since he won't probably told about their plan in a reasonable time, and since i'm sure they're gonna be cautious, after Kawas gave this job offering.

Anyway, there's 6 of us. Not a bad number. We go in the shop, we're reasonably stornger than a dwarf. Since he's surely correlated tto the guild, we can.. convince him to speak, right?

Tjallen
2011-06-12, 02:38 AM
"I do agree with Mr. Miles. If we can do this without unnecessary bloodshed then that would be the optimal road to travel. In my opinion at least."

Gandariel
2011-06-12, 02:49 AM
don't get me wrong. I'm totally ok with bloodshed. Only, i'd rather it NOT be my blood.

We can surely take a dwarf, but an entire guild? it means 30 members, at least. We can't just go there and try to kill'em; we'll just get killed ourselves.

ben-zayb
2011-06-12, 03:49 AM
"Well...what if we observe their movements first? Once we know the guild's routine maybe we could kidnap a member or two for interrogation. We'll try to ask nicely, of course. And if that didn't work, maybe we could just pick them off this way one by one."

Tjallen
2011-06-12, 06:18 PM
"Observing and abducting a guild-member sounds like a decent plan, we will keep the other as a plan B. If that is alright with all of you, of course. And i am sorry Mr. Vo, I am known as The Red Knight."

Hircine
2011-06-12, 06:40 PM

"A good plan though it has several flaws. If we capture the dwarf for interrogation the guild will be on to us from the word go. Capturing a member will prove even more difficult, as their probably not wearing I'm part of the thieves guild etched into their clothes. Unless...Kawas knows some standard that allows them to recognize one another."

Tjallen
2011-06-12, 06:57 PM
"Well, Mr. Nathaniel, if we see who goes in and out of the store at evenings and nights - it probably wont be too hard to distinguish the customers from the thieves going in to the hideout which is in the back of the shop, if all goes well at least." The Red Knight Thinks for a second and then utters: "they were also not known for their spectacular skills, so hopefully they have at least one bonehead who ruins everything."

Hellfire014
2011-06-12, 07:38 PM
"Unless someone comes up with a better plan, I vote for grabbing the 'bonehead'."

Lemunde
2011-06-12, 08:37 PM
Thindvan

"Well if that's what everyone wants... Seriously, I could light that place up like sun dried hay. They'd all come screaming out with their heads on fire and all we'd have to do is put them out... ...of their misery." Thindvan looks around at everyone expecting some kind of response but some how he gets the feeling his argument was less than convincing.

ben-zayb
2011-06-13, 12:46 AM
Vo looks at Nataniel, and speaks in an amused tone, "I'm fairly certain that dwarves aren't the easiest type of guys to just overpower and restrain. But as Sir Knight already said, we are to observe who regularly, and suspiciously, goes in and out of the shop. Carelessly barging in like what I did here and picking up random customers and the dwarf was far from the original suggested strategy."

"I'm fine with either the arson or the kidnapping, but personally prefer the kidnapping. I believe the infiltration plan is too risky, but maybe that's just me. So...are we going about our separate paths now, or are we voting for a single plan to work with as a group?"

Gandariel
2011-06-13, 02:34 AM
donxt feel sad, fellow, i like setting things on fire too.. this is just not the occasion (and there's more of them than us)

Tjallen
2011-06-13, 05:26 AM
"Voting sounds like a choice we can probably all agree on so let us go with that, i vote for observing and questioning. Most certainly against arson."

Gandariel
2011-06-13, 07:04 AM
Sgrunt, ok.. i vote for having a talk with the dwarf...

Hircine
2011-06-13, 03:01 PM
"Well I'll place my vote on capturing one of the thieves then.", Nathaniel says as he begins biting his lower lip and fiddling with the signet ring on his finger.

ben-zayb
2011-06-13, 10:03 PM
"Do I count five votes already, in favor of interrogation?"

Lemunde
2011-06-13, 10:32 PM
Thindvan (repost)

"It seems obvious everyone is in favor of doing this the hard way. So be it. I'll go along with whatever plan is decided."

Hellfire014
2011-06-14, 12:13 AM
"The hard way?" the mercenary asks. "You would rather have both the Bloodwings AND the town guard after your hide?"

Lemunde
2011-06-14, 12:49 AM
Thindvan

"We wouldn't have to tell the guards we started the fire. We could just tell them the thieves started it themselves. Bah! It's all moot anyway. At this point I don't care what we do as long as we get to it." Looks over at Kawas. "Um... miss? I may have been distracted earlier but did you mention how much we would be getting for this first job?"

Jjeinn-tae
2011-06-15, 04:17 AM
Kawas pops up from her book quickly after hearing Thindvan's question. "Oh yes, payment. Council's paying me..." she trails off wiggling the fingers on her right hand. "And then there's six of you, so that'll be about 700 gold pieces for each of you. You do a good job, and the city might even give us a tip, which you can definitely have some of." She nods a bit for her own benefit, and keeps attentive instead of returning to her book.

Tjallen
2011-06-15, 05:39 AM
"I think I've figured out what the device is for, the divination would suggest a specific use, maybe communication of some sort, that's based on the limited information available, of course." takes out the notebook and writes a few sentences in it in beautiful letter.

Celestrial and looking over the shoulder.
Promised pay ~700 gold pieces, should be enough.
Device might be a device for tracking or for communication, tracking is most likely as it would explain why the purpose have not been revealed.
Better not tell Mr. Gil, Mr. Thindvan, Mr. Miles, and Mr. Nathaniel. Might discuss it with Mr. Vo.

"700 gold each is rather substantial, should we write up a contract for this?"

Gandariel
2011-06-15, 06:12 AM
Hm, that buys a lot of yummies. I'm definitely in.

SO.
Are we gonna DO something or not?
if you guys don't wanna do it i'll go myself and grab your money too..

Tjallen
2011-06-15, 08:57 AM
"Well we seem to have the plan ready, we know where to go, and we know what the reward is, i agree with Mr. Miles. lets go"

Jjeinn-tae
2011-06-15, 03:34 PM
"A contract? Sure, that's easy." Kawas replies to herself as she dips below her counter again. Once again there is the rustle of paper and this time 6 "sparks" of sound, almost like that from a fire. She emerges with 6 slips of paper handing it out to The Red Knight to disperse. It simply reads in blue ink:

On completion of agreed upon assignment, I.O.U.
700 Gold Pieces

Kawas of Neraine

Gandariel
2011-06-15, 04:48 PM
Miles Teg (((anyone got the reference?))) puts his one in a pocket, and says, with low voice Good. Now we have the piece of paper. can we go now?

Tjallen
2011-06-15, 05:32 PM
The Red knight reads the contract out loud in a monotone voice:
"On completion of agreed upon assignment, I.O.U.
700 Gold Pieces
Kawas of Neraine, not very specific, but it will do." the Red Knight hands out the remaining 4 contracts.

Lemunde
2011-06-15, 05:45 PM
Thindvan

Thindvan quickly folds up the contract and tucks it away under his studded leather armor. "Thanks, Red. I'll... look it over later. So, are we ready to do this?" OOC: Hope you don't mind Tjallen, it's going to get awkward calling you The Red Knight all the time.

Hellfire014
2011-06-15, 06:46 PM
Gil accepts the note with a nod. "Thank you," he says, "now let us complete this mission post haste."

ben-zayb
2011-06-16, 01:55 AM
Vo also accepts the note, putting it in one his backpack inside pockets.
"I guess we're ready to roll now, yes?"

Gandariel
2011-06-16, 02:19 AM
Yes: ok then, let's go!

Miles leads the group as they go towards the shop Kawas had told them about, and they stop a few hundred meters before it.

So, Mr smart guys, what do we kill do now?

ben-zayb
2011-06-16, 07:07 AM
OOC:
1. I am assuming hours/minutes/etc. are known units of time in our setting (though if you guys know a more event-driven/nature-related/metaphorical terms for time, just tell me and I'll edit.
2. Shift starts at ~4am, I guess.
3. EDIT: changed **** to rooster. Heh.

"My suggestion is to have rotating shifts in pairs." Vo took out a sheet of paper and started making diagrams and crude illustrations. He further explained:
"The first pair will begin when the rooster started crowing and will keep watch for four hours; the second pair will keep an eye afterwards until the sun is at its peak; the last pair will continue surveillance for another four hours, after which the first pair will resume their duty until supper, and so on, so forth. Everyone will take note of people who frequents the shop, or people who visits at an obscenely strange hour. We'll probably do this for at least three days." Vo finished his diagrams almost as soon as he was done explaining the mechanics of the plan.

"You probably realize by now that using this plan means some of us would have to adjust our resting times. That's why I'm volunteering to take watch at the start of midnight. I'll start my rest after I finished my other shift which starts at sun's peak."

"So... questions are now open gentlemen, fire it," said Vo with a catlike smile. He then looked at the others, waiting for any sort of objections, suggestions and questions.

Gandariel
2011-06-16, 07:50 AM
yeah, i have a question: why exactly are we not talking to the dwarf?

ben-zayb
2011-06-16, 08:10 AM
yeah, i have a question: why exactly are we not talking to the dwarf?

"Well if anyone, like you perhaps, has a way to somehow ask the dwarf without blowing covers in their face I'm more than happy to include that as the first step of the plan. Otherwise, I thought everyone agreed on grabbing the not-so-sneaky, not-so-smart, bonehead, as that would have been exponentially easier to execute, physically speaking at least."

Gandariel
2011-06-16, 11:26 AM
how about two of us try to speakk to the dwarf (thus only blowing their covers) and, if they fail, leave, while the others do your plan? I volunteer to go

Lemunde
2011-06-16, 11:37 AM
Thindvan

"I could talk to the shop keeper if you like. I'm a people person!" Thindvan grins innocently.

Hircine
2011-06-16, 03:01 PM
After collecting the parchment from Kawas he stuffs the agreement into his bag. He listens as the others discuss the plan of attack on the thieves. "Well I'll be sitting out the conversation with the dwarf as talking to people isn't exactly my strongest skill."

Tjallen
2011-06-16, 05:07 PM
"I could go in, but id rather not let Thindvan go alone."

"I can take the hours after midnight, i will probably be up to prey at sunset anyways."

Red is fine, He would definitely prefer Mr. Knight or something but Red will do.

Gandariel
2011-06-17, 02:19 AM
Great! Thindvan, you and i will go. i'm a people person too.. you guys are fine with that?

Tjallen
2011-06-17, 06:19 AM
"I guess so."

"What are we going to ask the dwarf?"

ben-zayb
2011-06-17, 06:44 AM
"Well, I'm fine with that. You both look trustworthy anyway, And--strong enough to protect yourselves just_in_case," Vo said while nodding his head.

Lemunde
2011-06-17, 10:08 AM
Thindvan

"Alright then, if no one else has any objections I guess me and Miles will go in and see what information we can get out of the shop keeper. Hold on a second..." Thindvan takes off his backpack and starts sifting through it. "I have a magical item here that enhances my negotiating skills." After a couple of seconds Thindvan takes out his crowbar then puts his backpack back on. "Alright, let's do this."

Tjallen
2011-06-17, 12:29 PM
"While i see why you would think that, Mr. Thindvan, That ''magical'' does in fact have quite an opposite effect on dwarves. And most intelligent creatures, remember that we are trying to not blow our cover. And it is also frowned upon to use crowbars and other, possibly harmful objects, in regular conversation."

The Red Knight's expression changes for the briefest of moments as he lets out an almost nonexistent sigh.

"But go ahead and do what you think is right Mr Thindvan, and bring Mr Miles please.

Gandariel
2011-06-17, 02:15 PM
No need for magical items, these will do (Miles looks at his fists)

Ok then, Miles and his companion depart from the others, go around a corner, then come back a few minutes later (to make sure people don't know we're with the rest of the group)
then they walk in the shop

ben-zayb
2011-06-17, 06:55 PM
"My 5 silver pieces says my spell lasts longer than their attempt at disguising. Any takers?", Vo said as he grinned and slowly laid five silver pieces on one of the tables.

"Anyways, about the other plan. Do you gentlemen have any suggestion as to where we can do the observing? Unoccupied rooms that give a vantage point of the shop perhaps? Your ideas are welcome too milady," Vo said, looking at the remaining hired men and then at Kawas.

Tjallen
2011-06-17, 11:12 PM
"Well depending on where the shop is located we might or might not be able to get access to a room with a view of the shop, let's go take a look at the street before we decide. And if everything fails there is always the roofs."

Jjeinn-tae
2011-06-17, 11:26 PM
The closer the group approaches the pawn shop, the thinner and more cramped the roads become. Before long, even the main thoroughfares of the district are not wide enough to accompany a cart, and in any given alley you could touch the buildings at either end with just arms outstretched. It's a hot day, but with the constantly changing from sunny to overcast, it is quite muggy, which does nothing to improve the feel of the surroundings.

The group as a whole stops along the road that the pawn shop is located on. The whole neighborhood is rather grungy, and the outside of the shop is no different. Dusty brownish-red stone is the make of the building, and two square windows in the front, twine windowsills open. The building has very little space between the two next to it, but is only one-story whereas they are two.

Miles and Thindvan

Entering the shop causes a wave of heat to hit your faces. Outside was hot and humid, but inside is practically unbearable. There are many wooden shelves arranged about the single room that you can see, covered with all manner of knick-knacks in an organizational scheme about par with Kawas's, which is not a compliment. There is no welcome from the dwarf on entrance, but he has a long bushy black beard, and is eying you now that you've entered.

Tjallen
2011-06-18, 02:31 AM
"So were in the slums, anyone familiar with them?"

Hircine
2011-06-18, 04:36 AM
As Nathaniel follows behind the others through the cramped streets he wipes his forehead on several occasions from the heat. Once they reach their destination, Nathaniel looks around a look of contempt on his face, he is obviously unhappy with their current surroundings.

He looks at "Red" a scowl on his face. "Now why on earth, would I know about this..this dump.", he exclaims disgustedly.

After his outburst he claps a hand over his mouth and his eyes widen as he begins muttering to himself.

ben-zayb
2011-06-18, 05:33 AM
Vo looks around the neighborhood while they were walking, trying to remember any information he might have possibly read from the news or heard from the local crier, and trying to look for possible tactical vantage points or elevations among the buildings.

OOC:
Dunno if those are possible with knowledge checks alone, so just in case:

About the slum, whichever is/are possible (if any):
Knowledge(local): [roll0]
Knowledge(history): [roll1]

About the area (building/terrain) itself, whichever is/are possible (if any):
Knowledge(architecture and engineering): [roll2]
Knowledge(geography): [roll3]

Gandariel
2011-06-18, 06:06 AM
showtime!

Hello sir, we are here to settle a small argument of ours
Miles shows his greatsword
how much do you think this sword is worth? i'm sure you know better than both of us. This guy thinks it's worth less than 20 Gold, while i'm sure it's worth at least 50. What do you say? Oh, and these are for the courtesy
Miles drops 5 silvers on the desk

Tjallen
2011-06-18, 06:43 AM
"I was not trying to anger you Mr. Nathaniel. Only trying to see if anybody knew anything useful about this place. It might come in handy."

ooc lore:
[roll0]

Lemunde
2011-06-18, 10:21 AM
Thindvan

Thindvan follows Miles's lead. "Bah! Just because it's called a greatsword doesn't mean it's all that great. There's obviously a large amount of impurities in the metal. All it's good for is scaring little children."

Tjallen
2011-06-18, 10:31 AM
The Red Knight exclaims in his usual monotone voice:"I do hope they know what they are doing, i so dislike getting stabbed."

ben-zayb
2011-06-20, 07:58 AM
"Well is it just me, or are Miles and Thindvan spending longer time than they're supposed to?"

Tjallen
2011-06-20, 09:33 AM
"They seemed to know what they were doing, by that i of course mean they should be able to handle around 3 people each, unless they get surprised."
The Red Knight ponders for a second before continuing:
"On the other hand prepare to move in."

Hellfire014
2011-06-20, 02:08 PM
"Right." Gil says, and nods, as he prepares to charge in if needed.

Jjeinn-tae
2011-06-20, 03:33 PM
Miles and Thindvan
The dwarf eyes the greatsword somewhat, and looks both of you in the eye before responding. "I'd definitely be willing to pay 20 for it. Though I wouldn' be in business if I sold people short. I'd say 23 gold." He speaks in a deep voice, a slight accent from outside of the nation of Remia, but that's not exactly uncommon.

Vo
The Slums of Neraine, and the Surrounding Landscape:
Your greatest bit of knowledge comes from the region itself rather than much specifically of the slum. Situated in the country of Remia, Neraine is a bit south of the equator, and located along the trailing edge of the country's mountain range; causing it to be quite humid and stormy. It's said that this area was once rainforest, but in modern times, it is a great fertile plain, which tends to go against the rainforest theory.

Further south, or east, you reach many of the natural resources of the country, vast amounts of economic metals in the mountains to the east, and various plants and lumber from the south. The Lung River bisects the country, cutting a bit into Western Neraine.

Historically, The slums were actually the original settlement, but being one of the most accessible settlements in the country, quickly caused the town to become the regions economic capitol. Much of the buildings in the slums are the original constructions some 100 years ago, only being patched up as time goes on. They also are primarily a sort of dusty-brown red brick, made from the mud in the souther portion of Remia. Nobody is quite sure how they managed it though. (If you're knowledgeable of such in real life, think along the lines of adobe, it's different but a close enough approximation).

The Red Knight
(1d20+3)[22]
The Slums of Neraine: The slums were the original settlement of the village of Neraine, which quickly became the economic powerhouse it is today due to it's strategic position in the plains of Remia, and proximity to The Lung River. Constructed from blocks made of the mud from the southern rainforest, the original buildings still stand, receiving repairs from many different varieties of material, giving much of the district a patchwork look.

Hircine
2011-06-21, 01:05 PM
Nathaniel surveys his surroundings a second time grimacing again as he takes in the dilapidated structures around him. His icy blue eyes scrutinize each face that passes by and his right hand is firmly gripping his sword.

OOC:

Listen[roll0]
Spot[roll1]

Gandariel
2011-06-21, 04:21 PM
Dammit, i was sure it was worth much more!

Miles looks at the shop and observes some of the items

Whoa, very nice stuff you got here!
The other shopkeepers in town must be so jealous of you..
Maybe that's why they say you conspire with that strange thieves Guild...

Lemunde
2011-06-21, 05:18 PM
Thindvan

"Ha! I told you it was more trouble than it's worth. Now look, you've been dragging around that sword all around town for nothing. Why don't you stick to lifting purses and leave the cutlery to me."

Jjeinn-tae
2011-06-22, 04:50 PM
Hircine
It's hard to pick much of anything out of the crowd visually; while not a busy street by the means of any economic powerhouse of a city, it is still quite busy for a slum street. Those who walk by are visibly unused to a man standing on a corner gripping his sword though.

You do, however, hear things. Apart from many the random gossip and comments going on, you catch a conversation going on further down the road.

"Group of four on the corner there, openly carrying weapons. Looks like their waiting for something." You don't hear a response.

Miles and Thindvan
The dwarf's eyes are reduced to squinting as he eyes the both of you. "Ok lads, that was too direct. I know what you're insinuatin' not the first I've heard of this. Are you going to be buying anythin' or not?"

Hircine
2011-06-22, 07:13 PM
Nathaniel Leinheart

Nathaniel tries to remain calm as he catches the bit of conversation. Trying to act nonchalant he leans in speaks as lowly as possible to the others.

"Alright, we've got eyes on us everyone try to play it cool we don't want to spook them. However if you can get eyes on them without scaring them away it would be appreciated. Just make sure to act as if nothings going on."

Lemunde
2011-06-22, 08:54 PM
Thindvan

Thindvan's expression turns serious. "Well now, I guess you found us out. Aren't you the smart one. Doesn't he seem smart?" This last was directed at Miles, though he's careful not to use his name. "I'm not really a smart man myself. But you know, I have a friend who's very smart." Thindvan rests his crowbar on his shoulder. "In fact whenever we run into smart people like you he likes to challenge them to a battle of wits to see who's smarter. So what do think mister? Do you think you can outsmart my friend?"

Tjallen
2011-06-23, 04:21 AM
The Red Knight casually looks around, trying to locate the ''eyes'', and says silently: "So how many are we talking? I am not much of a warrior."

Spot check
[roll0]

Gandariel
2011-06-23, 02:00 PM
Miles looks at his companion in a "Would that be me?" look?

Lemunde
2011-06-23, 02:31 PM
Thindvan

At Miles' look, Thindvan scratches his head with his crowbar.

ben-zayb
2011-06-24, 12:18 PM
Soon after realizing their situation, Vo tried his best to clear his thoughts and thus spoke mildly as a soft breeze, "No use in being impatient then. Either way, we should be prepared for unexpected confrontations..."

Afterwards Vo realized the silliness of what he said. "Oh dear... I just contradicted myself right there, didn't I? Keh!", said he while trying to contain a chuckle. He nonetheless tightened his grip of the quarterstaff, and he began eyeing the area; left and right, up and down; from the top of the roof, to the corner of the closest alley. He also tried to listen to any strange noises.

(OOC thread for Skill Checks)

Tjallen
2011-06-24, 01:07 PM
The Red Knight clears his throat and silently says: "Dealing with the unexpected is something we have to do though."

"I do hope we only have to deal with thieves, real warriors tend to be... trouble."

Jjeinn-tae
2011-06-24, 01:46 PM
Miles and Thindvan
The dwarf's reply is simple, flat and apparently his accent is slipping. "Yer patronizin' me lad."

Others
The redoubled efforts to find anything suspicious in the roadway is all for naught. Luckily, it did not matter much, for two men come round to speak with you. Both have black hair, as the norm for the region, one of average build and grinning, the other on the tall and lanky side. The tall one speaks. "You lot waiting for something?"

Lemunde
2011-06-24, 02:10 PM
Thindvan

Thindvan looks for something fragile on a nearby shelf and smashes it with his crowbar. "Whoops! Sorry about that. Looks like this conversation might start getting expensive if it goes on for too long. Maybe you should just tell us what we want to know so we can be on our way."

Gandariel
2011-06-24, 02:24 PM
heh, look at how things tend to crash easily if someone hits them with a weapon..

Jjeinn-tae
2011-06-24, 03:38 PM
Miles and Thindvan
The dwarf doesn't even so-much as twitch with the shattering of an old pot. His eyes stay on Thindvan. "Spit it out, lad. I can't help it if you can't speak coherently."

Tjallen
2011-06-24, 03:41 PM
The Red Knight says in a perfectly normal voice: "Aye, see were waiting for a challenger, you see i'm from a clergy in Garrea that specializes in the game Zharkulzt. You pick up a blade like this one. The Red Knight Produces a Razor-blade from his belt. "And you take turns laying down deep cuts, until one party yields. But my challenger does not seem to be showing up, care for a game? The Red Knight looks at the two men with a smile.

Lemunde
2011-06-24, 05:13 PM
Thindvan

"We want to know everything you know about the thieves' guild. Let's start with how many there are, where they're located and why they're ransacking poor farmers?"

Gandariel
2011-06-25, 11:15 AM
Hum.. Right, tell us all!

Miles tries to look scary
grr

Hircine
2011-06-25, 07:27 PM
Nathaniel Leinheart

After stifling a chuckle by faking a coughing fit Nathaniel returns to form focusing on the two men. Making a stern face which in truth isn't hard for Nathaniel he tries to aid in the Red Knight's ruse.

"Yes, my friend here is quite skilled, he's never lost at Zharkulzt and I've made a tidy sum off betting on him.", Nathaniel concludes as he claps a hand on Red's shoulder.

OOC: Roll

Ugh! I can already see this ending poorly with my terrible Charisma score.
[roll0]

Jjeinn-tae
2011-06-26, 03:45 AM
Miles and Thindvan
Through his beard, you can tell that the dwarf bites the inner portion of his lip. He speaks low and plainly, giving a good pause between each "sentence." "20. Downstairs. No clue. Get out."

Others
The shorter man's grin fades as he shoots a glance towards the taller, who in turn seems a little shaken. He laughs though, "Kind of a dangerous game for priest, ain't it? Why I bet the women at your church could only take a cut before they gave up. Maybe you've won before taking your turn." The tall man grins after he says this, showing a few missing teeth, his partner's expression has gone to horror.

Gandariel
2011-06-26, 04:37 AM
Sense Motive [roll0]

Tjallen
2011-06-26, 05:21 AM
The Red Knight looks at the man who spoke and says: "Why i'll go first then, the minimum bet is 10 gold pieces."
The Red Knight rolls back one of his sleeves and makes a deep, clean, cut all the way from his wrist and up his lower arm.
For a couple seconds The Red Knight looks uncomfortable, then he resumes smiling to the two men.
With blood streaming from his lower arm he rolls down his sleeve and offers the bloody razor-blade to one of the men.
"That wasn't so bad, You'r turn."

Damage:
I'm treating the damage as a crit from a tiny dagger so it deals 2 points of damage.

ben-zayb
2011-06-26, 08:27 AM
Vo saw the two strangers and the conversation that followed between them and Red.

Just great, and at a time like this no less... Maybe I should try to just drive these strangers away, but would that help? If they are part of the Bloodwings, alerting the whole guild would be far worse than taking care of just these curs.

"I appreciate your enthusiasm gentlemen, why don't you make yourselves comfortable? Your feet could use a little rest. Here, have a seat, I pray you!", Vo smiled at the strangers as he points to an arbitrary ledge alongside the alley.

Lemunde
2011-06-26, 09:37 AM
Sense Motive!
[roll0]

Hellfire014
2011-06-26, 06:20 PM
Gil watches the scene, mildly annoyed (and amused) at the cleric's actions.

Jjeinn-tae
2011-06-27, 07:53 PM
Miles and Thindvan
Neither of you detect any deceit on the Dwarf's part, in fact, the last part might very well be one of the most truthful statements you've ever heard.

Others
"Geth, maybe we should go..." the shorter man mutters to his partner. "Nah, I got this, he's one of them healerly types, how much pain can he handle." He takes the razor and imitates The Red Knight's motion after wiping it off a bit. The shorter man messages his eyebrows a bit as he walks in the direction Vo motioned towards.

Tjallen
2011-06-28, 07:32 AM
The Red Knight smiles and takes back the razor. "So you are clear on the 10 gold bet for joining in i presume? I'm happy that you showed up, not having an opponent would have been a tad disappointing." The Red Knight wipes off the razor in the sleeve that is now covered in blood, and makes a deep cut on the upper side of his lower arm.
After a couple seconds his smile returns.
"You'r turn friend."

Lemunde
2011-06-28, 10:10 AM
Thindvan

"I'll tell you what. You answer one last question for us we'll be on our way. Who would we have to get in contact with if we were interested in joining the thieves' guild?"

Hircine
2011-06-28, 06:05 PM
Nathaniel Leinheart

The noble frowns as the thug mimics Red's action.

"Fine, I'll wager ten gold pieces on the cleric.", Nathaniel announces confidently. He then looks at the two men a boastful look on his face.

"Care to match it?"

OOC:

Roll Intimidate[roll0]

Jjeinn-tae
2011-06-29, 04:11 AM
Miles and Thindvan
"Skit, talk to Skit, doubt he'll be wanting to speak with you after this. Now get out!"

Others
At this point the smaller, frightened man makes a break for it down the alley, not uttering a word as he does so. His buddy participating in the game of Zharkulzt mutters something under his breath as he reaches into his pocket and takes the razor, demeanor souring. Once again he mimics The Red Knight's motion as he throws ten gold on the ground.

Hircine
2011-06-29, 05:00 AM
Nathaniel Leinheart

The noble laughs as the thugs friend tears out of the alley quite horrified by what he's witnessed.

"Seems your buddy doesn't have a strong stomach. Though I must give you credit for lasting this long. Most of his opponents usually chicken out by now. Unfortunately after each round the amount that can be wagered increases. Twenty-five gold pieces is the maximum wager for this round.", Nathaniel says smugly.

The young man produces twelve gold pieces which he throws to the ground. He then pulls a pouch off his belt which falls to the ground, the sound of rattling coins is quite evident.

"That's twelve gold pieces and in the bag is fifty silvers." Nathaniel then rubs his chin for a few seconds before chuckling. "Heck! You know what, since my guy has no chance of losing I'll even bet this.", the noble exclaims as he deposits his signet ring onto the ground. "That ring is worth at least eight gold pieces. So the new wager comes out to...twenty-five gold pieces, are you still game, my friend.", he calls confidently a smirk etched on his face.

Nathaniel then quickly glances over to Red hoping he can keep it up.

OOC:

Bluff Roll to lie about the amount of coins in the pouch and the ring's value [roll0]
Intimidate Roll to get the thug to quit [roll1]
Let's see if my good luck holds up! Well at least the bluff went decently. But wow a zero that's pretty bad.:smallbiggrin:

Tjallen
2011-06-29, 07:54 AM
The Red Knight starts to look a bit fatigued from blood loss.
"Heh your a tough one, this is proving problematic."

The Red Knight wipes off the razor and changes arm, he cuts a long deep wounds on the upper side of his lower right arm.

The Red Knight starts to look uncomfortable again.
"Let's up the competition a bit, double turns."
The Red Knight repeats the motion and stat to look like someone who's about to faint.

[roll0] For looking worse than he feels.
23 bluff! luck is going for me :D

Gandariel
2011-06-29, 08:11 AM
Sure, sure, we're going now... and i'd rather you didn't tell anything about this to "Skit", whoever he is...

Intimidate Check:
[roll0]

EDIT: DAMMIT!

Jjeinn-tae
2011-06-30, 09:27 PM
Miles and Thindvan
Don't really have much more to say here, I guess your leaving, brings you back to the group? The dwarf does not really react as you leave the building, regardless, though if you have something else to say Thindvan...

Others
The thug has become somewhat pale, he noticeably swallows as he drops some more money on the ground, and again imitates The Red Knight's motion. He's not looking very good, and probably has a good reason to not open his mouth.

Hircine
2011-06-30, 10:52 PM
Nathaniel Leinheart

Nathaniel says several choice words under his breath as the thug continues to play the game of Zharkulzt. He is even more surprised by the thugs amount of coin. Some people are just to stupid to know when it's time to throw in the towel.

Returning to his former bravado Nathaniel resumes his efforts to get the thug to give up.

"Well, another round you've survived, my friend. The maximum wager for this round is fifty gold pieces. I however am out of coin so I will bet the contents in my bag worth around twenty-three gold pieces. Though if I were you I'd cut my losses and run, your not looking to well."

Nathaniel then deposits his backpack of supplies onto the ground hoping this final bet will end this ridiculous game.

OOC:

Roll Intimidate: [roll0]
If you want Jjeinn-tae I'll roll for bluff as I only estimated the worth of my effects. So it might be a little higher or lower.

Gandariel
2011-07-01, 02:51 AM
i was supposing Thindvan would have rolled for Intimidate too...

The two go out of the shop and find back the others, occupied in the game.
Immediately Miles sees how his companion is hurt tooi'm not sure he'll resist any longer..
And so he tries intimidating the man too

Oh, another poor guy who wants to lose his money AND get hurt... i don't know why all of you guys keep betting against my friend..
Intimidate Check:
[roll0]

you other guys, if you want, instead of rolling for intimidate, can spend your action helping me in my check (i think that gives me a +2)

Tjallen
2011-07-01, 08:22 AM
The Red Knight takes his own pouch and says while inhaling heavily: "Here is another 30 gold, I'll throw them in as well, on behalf of my friend." The Red Knight lets the pouch drop to the ground, the sound of gold being quite clear as it hit the ground.

"My turn already? bah, here goes."
The Red Knight cuts through his sleeve and makes a deep cut on his lower arm staining his clothes with blood again.

As the pouch actually HAVE 30 gold in it i guess there is no need for a bluff? i'll roll one anyways however. [roll0]

ben-zayb
2011-07-01, 08:56 PM
Vo looked amused at the Red Knight's wit, resiliency, and the apparent irony of the situation. He let out a faint chuckle, and thought...

For a person of religion who doesn't prefer being stabbed, you seem to be doing great Sir Red. The fact that this game is saving our hides while you are earning swell gold only makes it more amazing...

Jjeinn-tae
2011-07-02, 03:43 AM
The scene Miles and Thindvan walk into looks quite severe, yet it's telling of the state of the slums that people pay little attention as they walk along the street. At this point, the intimidation by the group is un-needed, as the thug leans against the nearby wall, as slides down it, leaving a shine on the wall in the newly sunny day. He's still conscious at the moment, but he really does not seem in the position to talk.

...35 gold winnings then?

Hircine
2011-07-02, 03:50 AM
25 gold winnings then?

Shouldn't it be 35?

Lemunde
2011-07-02, 08:16 AM
Thindvan

Thindvan steps out of the shop and raises an eyebrow at the scene before him. Before he can ask what's going on Miles makes a comment on the situation and Thindvan finally understands. "Well if you guys are done playing around we have things we need to discuss. Elsewhere." Thindvan motions down at the half conscious man on the ground.

Tjallen
2011-07-02, 09:13 AM
The Red Knight exclaims in a voice very unlikely the monotone one used before, one that sounds, worried: "Should we not take this poor fellow somewhere where i can treat him? I do not have enough healing prepared as it is."

The Red Knight lowers his voice so only those standing close can hear him: "And it seems to me like we caught the bonehead, and since we are going to treat him, he will be indebted to us."

Looking down at his clothes The Red Knight Exclaims: "Tsh i need some new clothes. So how do we split the money? 50/50 between you and i Nathaniel?"

As the color return to The Red Knights face he cuts off the sleeves of his shirt, exposing the flesh underneath, not a single scratch can be seen. He mumbles an orison and water flows from his hands and cleans his arms of blood.

Hircine
2011-07-02, 09:13 AM
Nathaniel Leinheart

Nathaniel sighs with relief as the thug finally collapses from blood loss. The noble spends the next few minutes collecting his effects from the ground. He then collects the pile of gold pieces that was now theirs. It totaled thirty-five coins, a good haul.

Nathaniel took the coins and headed before Red. "Well done though I hope you can heal those wounds of yours. Anyway there's thirty-five coins here. Would you be amenable to a eighteen,seventeen split? Of course since you did the most work you'd receive the bigger cut"

Nathaniel turns noticing the return of Thindvan and Miles. By the way the barbarian spoke they managed to get some information.

"Sure. I guess we should back to Kawas' shop. Just give us a second to work something out. Though I do wonder if this fellow is part of the Bloodwings, Red do you think you can stabilize him?"

Gandariel
2011-07-04, 07:05 AM
Yes, we have big news, but i'm not sure we should talk here, let's just go to Kawas' shop. we also need to ask Kawas a thing..

Tjallen
2011-07-05, 12:13 AM
The Red Knights says in his monotone voice: "Stabilizing him should be no problems."

If he is unconscious i cast cure minor wounds on him, if not i don't.

ben-zayb
2011-07-05, 12:39 AM
"You gentlemen are done having fun, yes? Then I agree about going back to Kawas for the mean time. Someone strong enough will have to carry 'Bonehead' by the way", said Vo, obviously annoyed that he didn't get to participate much in the mission.

OOC:
He does act immaturely at times, just so you know. :smallwink:

Lemunde
2011-07-05, 12:18 PM
Thindvan

"Good thinking, Vo. You grab the bonehead and meet us back at Kawas's. As for the rest, what do you say we stop off by a tavern and grab something to drink before we head back?"

Tjallen
2011-07-05, 12:38 PM
"While i do encourage celebrating a success we do not know how fruitful our little endeavor has been. I do recommend that we go back to Miss Kawas with our bonehead and then celebrate afterwards."

Hellfire014
2011-07-05, 03:36 PM
Gil picks up the unconscious thug. "I'll take this for ya," he says, "we don't want the mage to hurt himself, do we? Besides, I was getting bored just standing around."

Hircine
2011-07-05, 04:23 PM
Nathaniel Leinheart

Before he forgets Nathaniel hands Red his share of their earnings before turning to Thindvan. "While a drink would be nice, we should really get back to Kawas.

Jjeinn-tae
2011-07-06, 04:00 PM
Everyone who goes to Kawas's Shop
Kawas's shop is more or less how you left it, the main room slightly darker, candles about the room picking up some of the slack. The first of you inside sees Kawas enter the room at the same time you do, waving as she closes the door behind herself, and walks back to her counter.

"So, what'd you find?" She speaks rather plainly when she notices the bloodied man over Gil's shoulder.

Thindvan, or whoever goes to the tavern
I'm not even sure that Thindvan is heading to the tavern still, but just in case.

It does not take much walking to reach a tavern, for a trade powerhouse like Neraine has one on every road it seems, should you go far enough. While a saying, that might be more accurate than many would think if tested. The first one you find is the Iron Goblet; a Dwarven establishment on the outer rim of the slums. At this time of day, it's not all that populated, but there are a good ten people about, including the Dwarven bartender. No one seems particularly interested in your entrance.

Tjallen
2011-07-06, 06:09 PM
The Red Knight exclaims in a monotone voice: "We found our bonehead, do you know a place where we can ask him some questions, Miss Kawas?"

Lemunde
2011-07-06, 07:51 PM
Thindvan

Thindvan follows behind back to Kawas's shop, only mildly disappointed in not being able to relax with a drink for a bit. On the way back he looks around to make sure they're not being followed.

[roll0]

He steps into the shop to find The Red Knight already explaining about the bonehead. Thindvan makes sure the door is closed behind him and the bonehead is still unconscious before speaking.

"We were also able to get a bit of information out of the shop dealer. The dwarf we spoke to was pretty blunt and none too happy to be talking to us but I got the impression he was being honest.

The guild hideout is indeed located below his shop, as you predicted. There's 20 members in total and one of them goes by the name Skit. If we decide we need any more information he'd be the one to get it out of.

Unfortunately he didn't seem to know why the thieves' guild is targeting farms."

Hircine
2011-07-07, 11:44 PM
Nathaniel Leinheart

Nathaniel wordlessly follows the others back to the shop. While the others talk to Kawas, Nathaniel leans on a wall listening to the conversation.

Jjeinn-tae
2011-07-08, 05:44 PM
Now that she's reached her counter, the black on the right side of Kawas's face has become more prominent, looks more like oil now than soot. She seems oblivious to it and follows the conversation normally.

In response to The Red Knight she speaks somewhat tiredly "What's wrong with out here? You worried he'll break something?" She yawns, "Or do you just not want me to see?"

She listens intently as Thindvan speaks. "Probably diversionary, or at least that's what I gather. The city can't find any reason to their crime spree, so I can't see it being much else but a misdirect." She gives a slight pause before continuing. "Unless can think of a use for hay and ink that a den of thieves would be interested in."

If you're wondering, I estimate it's about 2 PM at the moment.

Tjallen
2011-07-09, 03:55 AM
"Hmm i was never a very good interrogator, anyone want to ask the questions? I have some healing left if we need it." The Red Knight says in a somewhat toneless voice.

Gandariel
2011-07-09, 05:37 AM
ooh, let me, let me!!
I'll make that bonehead cry!

Just.. tell me exactly what i have to tell them

Tjallen
2011-07-09, 06:18 AM
"Well we need to find out if he is even a member of the guild, we suppose he is, but we don't know for sure. We then need to find out what they are doing, and why. Then there is also how many they are. If they are hiding 20 man in the back of a shop, getting them out could prove problematic if there are additional exits."

Lemunde
2011-07-09, 09:30 AM
Thindvan

"Well whoever decides to do the interrogating feel free to borrow my Crowbar of Negotiation™. I'd do it myself but I don't think I did a very good job last time."

Tjallen
2011-07-09, 12:08 PM
"We need to find out if he is actually a member of the thieves guild, how many they are, if there is other exits from their hideout, their motivation, and if it's possible to flush them out with a thick smoke" at this point The Red Knight looks at Kawas "I am quite positive we could get our hands on something like that quite easily"

Posted a couple hours ago but it didn't post it.

Gandariel
2011-07-09, 06:46 PM
Ok, i'll do it. it's gonna be fun. anyone good with ropes? i'd like to have him sitting on a chair, bound

Hellfire014
2011-07-09, 07:50 PM
"I can do a basic knot, but beyond that, it's out of my expertise." Gil shifts the unconscious thug from one shoulder to the other. He turns to Kawas and says, "Do you have a place I can put this? He's starting to get a little heavy"

Tjallen
2011-07-09, 09:02 PM
"Well since we plan to eliminate the thieves guild, we might as well tell him that if he cooperates we will turn him in to the guards instead of dealing with him."

ben-zayb
2011-07-10, 02:56 AM
"Whoa, whoa, whoa... What's up with the crowbar? We're not even sure if he's one of them in the first place. I suggest using a less threatening, more peaceful and more simple method first---diplomacy. And heck, I don't even see the reason for binding him; you outnumber him at least five to one!

Only when he refuses to talk shall I consider employing some tough love courtesy of our hook-ended negotiating device. And I agree that rewarding him if he ever proves to be more useful than as expected is a better investment than simply dumping his corpse by the riverside. He could serve as a useful pair of ears in the near future in case we need one."

Gandariel
2011-07-10, 03:43 AM
hm, yeah, we'd better do as you say (though it would have been fun..)

ok, guys, let's go.
please drop him and have him seated on the floor on something, then Red, please' wake him up

Showtime!

Hellfire014
2011-07-10, 05:23 AM
"Drop him? OK." Gil then drops the thug unceremoniously.

Tjallen
2011-07-10, 02:18 PM
"I do wonder why the idiot actually agreed to cut himself up, what an idiot... Anyways i shall wake him up."

The Red Knight mumbles a prayer an casts his spell.

Cure light wounds [roll0]

Gandariel
2011-07-10, 05:02 PM
Hey there, welcome back to the land of the conscious... we took you here and healed you, we didn't take anything from you (well, excluding the money you lost)

Anyway, you're ok now. Well you could use some rest, but you'll be fine.
I Know you're thinking, how can i thank these people?

Well i'm gonna answer that. we need you to answer a couple questions.
About the Thieves'guild

Hellfire014
2011-07-10, 05:57 PM
Gil looks over at Miles, one eye raised, the other twitching. It was somewhat comical to look at. "I'm guessing 'subtle' isn't in your dictionary. After this I might have to try to teach you that."

Jjeinn-tae
2011-07-11, 02:29 AM
Before the interrogation starts, Kawas motions to the back room, oddly enough most of the space has been cleared, easily granting enough space for the 7 people in the room with space to walk around. The room is lined with shelves, and adds a slight echo to all sounds within.

"Bonehead's" eye's dart open when he receives the healing, coughing heavily and at first, only responding with "Where am I?"

Gandariel
2011-07-12, 02:37 AM
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]Safe, for now.
We brought you here after you fainted in that game.
our friend has just healed you.

So, there are a couple questions we need to ask you.
First of all, who are you, and why did you approach us?COLOR]

Jjeinn-tae
2011-07-12, 04:12 PM
The thug coughs once and speaks rather flatly. "You lot looked like you were waiting for trouble. I thought it'd be an easy mark, two combatants were all you had. Figured me and Bren could take it."

Tjallen
2011-07-13, 05:05 AM
The Red Knight says in a gentle voice: "You forgot to tell us your name."

Jjeinn-tae
2011-07-13, 11:44 PM
The main breathes out heavily as he responds, frustrated for reasons that would likely be apparent. "Geth, it's Geth."

Gandariel
2011-07-14, 04:17 AM
Well then, tell us something about this Thieves' Guild

Would have answered before, yesterday was my birthday and i was out partying

Jjeinn-tae
2011-07-14, 05:44 PM
Geth raises an eyebrow at Miles. "This thieves' guild? There are many in this city; I'm not sure what you want from me." He begins listing, his tone suggesting he either doesn't know what he's in for, or he just doesn't feel like cooperating. "Everyone knows about the Blackwings, but there's the Bloody Capes... Regionals... some people count the Ash Rats..."

ben-zayb
2011-07-14, 06:57 PM
"Let's start with the 'Blackwings', Geth. Are you familiar with any of those guys?"

Hellfire014
2011-07-15, 10:16 PM
Gil smacks Vo upside the head. "It's Bloodwings, not Blackwings." Gil thinks for a moment, then smacks Vo again, "To jog your memory in the future."

Lemunde
2011-07-15, 10:19 PM
Thindvan

Frustrated that the interrogation is getting nowhere fast, Thindvan chimes in. "Why don't we start with the one Skit is involved in?"

Hircine
2011-07-16, 09:45 AM
Nathaniel Leinheart

Nathaniel sat in on the interrogation silently keeping his eyes trained on the thug called, Geth. Running a hand through his hair he wondered if the small time criminal even had any information of worth. He hoped the others would be able to discern that soon as he was becoming restless.

Jjeinn-tae
2011-07-16, 09:23 PM
Geth's eyes widen a bit in surprise as Vo takes him up on the Blackwings, but is not put at ease with Gil's reaction. Looking to Thindvan though, he responds calmly. "Skit? You're not from around upside if you don't know about Skit." And then, a little less calmly, he abruptly changes subjects. "I can understand making yourselves a difficult mark, but this is taking it a little far don't you think? I don't see what you think you can do to a guild."

ben-zayb
2011-07-17, 06:29 AM
Ouch! What's with these unnecessary violence, really? Vo thought while rubbing the upper cranial area of his head.

Blood-wings. Blood-wings. It's not good forgetting such essential details...

"Trust me, Skit. If not for me, these guys will show you rather enthusiastically what they do to such guild members", Vo said matter-of-factly. "Heck, someone even prepared his custom-made Crowbar of Negotiation specially for this situation."

"Anyway, moving on... Let's try to be civil here, alright? We just want to know about this Skit guy, and some inside information about the Bloodwings."
Vo emphasized the guild's correct name, and made sure everyone heard it right.

Tjallen
2011-07-17, 08:03 AM
The Red Knight gently says: "Vo i'm pretty sure Skit is not the person you want trusting you right now, his name is Geth."

Gandariel
2011-07-18, 01:46 PM
Ok, thanks for the advice. Now tell us what we want to know.
NOW

We heard of strange rumors about attacks in the farm and strange affairs with those BLOODwings...

Let's intimidate the hell out of him!
[roll0]

(everyone is free to help me with a +2 in my roll :P)

Jjeinn-tae
2011-07-18, 07:58 PM
"I'm not part of them, but it's hardly something that my world misses. Skit himself is a bit of a braggart when drunk, but still smart enough that he's not revealing what their game is." Geth speaks rather quickly, looking like he's hoping it'll let him be gone sooner. "They robbed that farm, a library and something else I can't quite remember as far as the city knows. It's Skit's or someone else's plan, make it really obvious, but not steal much. He mentions something 'bigger' is coming, throw the city off with something done intelligently.

I don't know how he expects it to help him, but that's what I gather... Can I go now?" His voice echoes throughout the room slightly, as he looks towards Vo.

Lemunde
2011-07-18, 08:52 PM
Thindvan

Sense Motive: [roll0]

I want to know if he's being honest about not being affiliated with the guild.

Tjallen
2011-07-18, 11:47 PM
Sense Motive: [roll0] for not telling the truth that is.

ben-zayb
2011-07-19, 04:12 AM
OOC: Sense MotiveSense Motive: [roll0]
If Geth got Vo conviced:
Vo, while feeling convinced that Geth is speaking the truth, isn't satisfied with the answers.

He then asked, "Well. Is that everything you know? Tell us more about Skit. When and where did you saw him drunk? Do you see him regularly in that place? Is he with a lot of people everytime he goes there? Are they member's of the Bloodwings, too?"

He took a deep breath and breathed a sigh, before finally speaking again.
"Just relax and focus on the question, alright? There's no need to hurry, Geth. You don't seem to be part of their guild anyway. These guys won't harm you...I think."

Hircine
2011-07-20, 06:30 AM
Nathaniel Leinheart

Nathaniel had only been half listening until Geth finally said something to catch his attention. Changing his posture he narrows his eyes at the thug looking for a sign of deceit.

Sense Motive on whether he's being truthful [roll0]

Jjeinn-tae
2011-07-20, 04:53 PM
So far, he does not seem to be lying, but Vo and Nathaniel both detect that he's avoiding saying something.

The thug bites on the inside of his lip when he sees its not going to be as easy as he'd hoped to get out. "He frequents several bars throughout the upside, guess he likes the variety. I generally see him at Blue Ichor. He doesn't seem to come in with anyone, but joins any crowd he finds there."

Gandariel
2011-07-21, 04:15 AM
Blue Ichor? hm, ok, we should try there. so let's do this: you take us at that bar, tell us who is that guy, and we leave you alone.

ok?

Hircine
2011-07-21, 05:38 AM
Nathaniel Leinheart

As the thug talks he notices a slight facial twitch, as id he was hiding something. Putting a scowl on his face he steps closer to the thug.

"The Deal was for you to tell us everything you know. Your holding something back and I'd like to know what it is or you won't be leaving!"

Intimidation [roll0]

Lemunde
2011-07-21, 08:19 AM
Thindvan

Following Nathaniel's lead, Thindvan steps a little closer, crowbar in hand.

Gandariel
2011-07-24, 05:35 AM
so you're holding something? you lil bastard.. spill it now! you don't want to get hurt, do you?

[roll0]

For Intimidate

Hellfire014
2011-07-24, 02:28 PM
Gil joins in on the fun, and cracks his knuckles.
1d20+3
For Violent Diplomacy Intimidate

ben-zayb
2011-07-24, 06:08 PM
Vo sighed, and then put his palms in front of his face, after seeing the situation start from calmly to threatening.

Not even a modicum of subtlety, huh? These people are im-poss-i-ble...

He turned to Geth and spoke in as calmest tone as he could possibly muster.
"Come on Geth, let me help you. Just answer completely and I guarantee, you won't be harmed."

OOC:
I assume my earlier long negotiations with Geth prevents this from being a rushed check.
[roll0] Diplomacy
EDIT: And that's my best shot at diplomacy, unfortunately. Sorry, Geth! :smallfrown:

Jjeinn-tae
2011-07-26, 06:56 PM
Geth's surprise might very well be the most readable expression you have ever seen. He pauses a bit with all the hostility, "There is a raid that I know they pulled that the city doesn't know about. Skit mentioned it once when he was really drunk, been passed around a bit. Don't know what it is exactly though."

Tjallen
2011-07-28, 05:31 PM
"And now you are gonna tell us about this raid. Isn't that right Mr. Geth?" The Red Knight picks up the razor blade and makes sure it's clean of blood. He once again looks at Geth and continues in his usual monotone voice: "To be quite honest i am getting pretty tired of you avoiding the subject."

Lemunde
2011-07-28, 06:41 PM
Thindvan

Thindvan picks his nose.

Jjeinn-tae
2011-07-29, 04:58 PM
Geth sighs, "No, no I'm not, I know nothing more, you'll have to find Skit for that." He looks over towards Vo again. "Does the offer still stand that I can lead you to Blue Ichor, and then go free?"

Lemunde
2011-07-29, 05:24 PM
Thindvan

Thindvan get's the feeling he's hiding something.

Sense motive to see if he's holding out on us: [roll0]

Tjallen
2011-07-29, 07:19 PM
"Well if you lead us to SKIT, then yes, the offer still stands."
Sense motive in the ooc thread.

ben-zayb
2011-07-30, 09:53 AM
"Of course, you have my word", replied Vo. He looked at the Red Knight briefly and then smiled back at Geth. "And from the looks of it, I'm not the only one."

Despite being clearly satisfied with the amount of information learned from the captured git, Vo still remained cautious. He tried to sense if Geth is trying to trick them into entering a trap or an ambush, possibly to save his own hide from further interrogations.

OOC:
Sense Motive: [roll0]

Gandariel
2011-07-30, 03:01 PM
Yes, sure.
I concur with my friends, you take us to that place, introduce us to Skit and we'll never meet again.

Miles looks happy to have done his job (though he didn't actually do much)

Hellfire014
2011-07-30, 08:41 PM
Gil just grunts.
Sense Motive
[roll0]

Jjeinn-tae
2011-08-02, 11:44 PM
None of you sense that he is being dishonest with his statement.

Geth nods as he stands upright. "Ok then." He says somewhat despondently. He tries to be the last one out of the room, but even if he's successful in that, takes the lead after exiting the building. Kawas does not look up from her book as the group leaves.

The route through upside for the third time today is no more pleasant than the muggy trips before. The Blue Ichor, luckily is a shorter trip than the Pawn Shop, on an intersection of two of the busier thoroughfares of the district. It's also a rather small building, two stories, but only as big as an average shop. The sign has Blue in very dribbled blue paint, Ichor is only barely legible in same paint, looking as if it was painted over another word.

Gandariel
2011-08-03, 03:47 AM
Miles looks at the thug: don't you think you're safe now. you still have to lead us in and introduce us to Skit. and indicates him to lead the way

ben-zayb
2011-08-03, 04:26 AM
Vo beamed happily, realizing that their strategy is successful at this point. At the back of his head, he congratulated himself.

Excellent job, Vo! Thanks to your diplomatic approach, we are headed rather flawlessly towards our next mission. Now let's hope that Skit can be as easily persuaded as that idiot Geth. Woo woo woo!

As they approached the Blue Ichor, Vo tried his best and took his time to observe the surroundings.

OOC:
Taking 20 on Spot check, for the same total.
Vo looked disappointedly at the bar. "Oh, what a second-rate bar this Blue Ichor is. The paint looks poorly done, and they didn't even bother to erase the word where the sign 'Ichor' now rests."

Vo: delusional, gullible and idiot extraordinaire

Lemunde
2011-08-03, 09:07 AM
Thindvan

Expecting Geth to hesitate at Miles's order, Thindvan claps his hand on Geth's shoulder and grabs it tightly.

"Come on, Geth. Let's go have a talk with our good friend Skit."

Thindvan leads/forces Geth inside.

Jjeinn-tae
2011-08-09, 04:59 PM
Geth nods and leads you into the building. Inside, you find there are many tables closely packed along an aisle leading right up to the bar, getting sparse as they get closer to the walls. Five people are in the room all but two at least glance at the door at the group's entry.

Two men are at the actual bar, and neither looked. The barkeep is facing the back wall gathering up various bottles, like most natives, he is a of slightly slim build with black hair. The dwarf he's tending to is leaning an elbow on the counter, reddish-gray hair signifies that he likely is from the neighboring country of Carmona to the East.

The other three share a table on the right side of the room. A human man sits in the middle of them, drinking a large tankard. Geth points to him and the man raises an eyebrow but does nothing else. He's flanked by an old gnome on his right, and a young woman on his left.

Those that made Spot 15
There is not really much else to the room you're in, but on the left side of the room is a stairway to the upper floor. Light from a torch or candle splashes a bit into the room, unusual for the time of day, but there are two silhouettes visible in the light as well.

Tjallen
2011-08-12, 06:50 PM
Noticing something the Red Knight silently says: "There's at least two more upstairs, we might be outnumbered."

Lemunde
2011-08-12, 11:28 PM
Thindvan

Thindvan speaks only loud enough so his companions can hear. "Skit will have to decide we're a threat first before the guys upstairs become an issue. I suggest only two of us approach Skit; one to do the talking and one to keep an eye on Geth. The rest of us should position ourselves around the room so we can surround anyone who decides to attack. One of us should be by the stairs if and when the guys up there decide to come down."

Gandariel
2011-08-13, 08:08 PM
heh, nice plan! you sure are smart...

well, i'll go and do the talking: i'm good at convincing people and i can fight as well, if needed... anybody care to join me?

Hellfire014
2011-08-13, 09:43 PM
Gil nods, and quietly says, "Good idea. I'll be over there, in case anything happens." He then pushes his way through the group, and quickly makes his way to the counter, ordering a drink.

ben-zayb
2011-08-14, 05:55 AM
"I'm coming with Miles. Err... let's try not to attract a lot of attention, shall we?", then Vo looks both at Miles and Geth, almost as if waiting for a confirmation.

Please don't get the rest of us killed, both of you.

Then he proceeded to cautiously approach the table pointed to earlier. His pace is just enough so as not to get too much ahead of Miles and Geth.

Lemunde
2011-08-14, 09:23 AM
Thindvan makes his way over to the stairway and stands there, ready for anything.

Gandariel
2011-08-15, 06:28 AM
ALL right, let's do this.

Miles goes to the table, standing next to Geth.
As soon as the people at the table look at them:
Oh, hello gentlemen! [(LOOKING AT SKIT, with low voice) you must be that Skit..] let me offer these friends of Geth here a good drink... Bartender, a pint of your finest ale for me and these men!

ben-zayb
2011-08-15, 08:44 AM
"Oh... and a glass of milk, sir bartender", Vo said and then turned his attention to those at the table, particularly to the one labeled as 'Geth'.
"So...I've been hearing rumors that something's cooking. And I'm having problems paying the rent, so I'm kind of looking for a way to get quick money. Care to share?"

OOC:
I could argue that technically I'm not lying. So I don't need to roll a Bluff check yet, right?

Tjallen
2011-08-16, 09:28 AM
The Red Knight goes to an empty table and sits down quietly.

Jjeinn-tae
2011-08-22, 03:52 AM
The dwarven customer at the bar takes a quick glance at Gil, before boredly returning to looking at the bartender. The bartender speaks, "In a moment, sir; the dwarf likes the most infernal combination of beverages imaginable." Still, he's gathering more bottles from the back wall, with 6 already on the counter.

At the table with Skit, he closes his eyes finishing off his swig and motions the group of three to sit down. Geth takes a seat at one of the neighboring tables (still within arms reach) leaving the two chairs at skit's table for Miles and Vo. The woman at Skit's left leans over to whisper something to Geth, but she gets pulled back, none to happy about it, but silent.

The jar slams down on the table, and Skit takes a deep breath before responding at all. When he speaks, the scent of alcohol almost replaces the air. "...I'm not sure what Geth told you, but I aint a baker. Maybe you should take a walk down town." There is a definite slur to his speech, and he ends with a grin; his right hand gnome rolls his eyes.

ben-zayb
2011-08-22, 04:32 AM
Trying to maintain his composure, Vo tried answering Skit in a bit of a sarcastic tone. Not too much, but just enough to let him know that being clever and acting funny won't work this time.
"Oh, I'm sure you aren't. And yet, here we are. So... should I then exhaust my vocabulary to find something that suits your right occupation, or should we get straight to business? Building up something? Cutting deals? Tying loose ends? Teaching someone a lesson? Cleaning mess? Reaping debts? We could do this all day, Skit."

Vo paused as if waiting for a response, but decided against it and continued to talk while wearing a cat-like grin.
"Alternatively, why not lead us to the baker then? I sure as hell don't know where the bloody baker is, and we could discuss business along the way, maybe trade some information, so how about that?"

OOC:
I don't have any useful info of course
Bluff: [roll0]
EDIT: I suck at rolls. And still gets confused with Skit =/= Geth.

Gandariel
2011-08-22, 05:44 AM
Miles looks a little puzzled about Vo Hey, what are you talking about? building, cutting? bloody bakers??
i guess i'll have to do all by myself.

Mister Skit, sorry for my friend, he doesn't know what he's talking about... we heard rumor that you have many connections to the Thieves Guild from our friend here, and.. yeah we could use some quick money.. we're no city guard or something, trust us.

Time for a roll!
Bluff [roll0]

Jjeinn-tae
2011-08-26, 06:06 PM
Gil
The bartender finally places a large "mug" on the table with a thud. Mixing in the 10-odd different varieties of drinks he looks over to you. "What is it you're wanting now?"

For a drunken, boastful thief, Skit patiently waits as Vo and Miles speak. Probably more having to do with taking another swig rather than any form of politeness on his part

He leans over to the gnome at his right. "I don't know, what do you think Darrin?" a little louder than he probably intended. Darrin opens his mouth to speak, but Skit immediately cuts him off.

"OK, yeah its not a secret really, I guess. Bloodwings have been doing stuff around. What're you good at?"

Hellfire014
2011-08-26, 09:37 PM
Gil gives the owner a deadpan look. "This is a bar, I thought it would be obvious." he says, laying down 2 silver.

Gandariel
2011-08-27, 09:34 AM
I'm kinda good at talking, but i've always preferred whacking things with this(shows his Greatsword)

And, i got a couple of tricks up my sleeve..

My friend, he might look frail but he's good at casting spells.

Well, i guess that's all..

Jjeinn-tae
2011-08-28, 01:12 AM
Gil
The bartender laughs, "You'd think so; but the dwarf has been coming in here daily for weeks now, and I still can't keep this brew in memory. Dabo only knows if he's actually giving me the same order or changing it up just to confound me." "The dwarf" gives a big smile as the bartender finally shifts his mug over to him. "So beyond alcohol, what's your poison?"

"Talk's easy." Skit remarks, infusing what little is left of the air with the scent of alcohol. "But how am I supposed to know how good you are with that sword?" He remarks to Miles, and quickly looking at Vo, "Go on then, show me a spell."

Hellfire014
2011-08-28, 01:20 AM
Gil looks over at the dwarf, wondering if he should join in on tormenting the barkeep, but decides against it. "Ale. A nice warm pint of ale. Actually, make it a gallon, I get the feeling I might need it." He then thinks for a moment, and says, "Have you tried writing it down? It might help."