PDA

View Full Version : Airlines hate me

golentan
2011-06-09, 11:58 PM
When I came back from france a few weeks back, I got in hours late in the middle of the night, and wasn't able to get home until 7 in the morning due to horrible circumstances involving my friend. As it turns out, I had an 8 am shift at work that I missed because of the whole "having been up for more than 36 hours traveling" thing.

Now, I have an 8 am shift tomorrow. We're rounding 10 o'clock, my dad's flight in was delayed and I'm still waiting to hear what my new time to pick him up.

I hate airlines and they apparently hate me. :smallfrown:

Gorgondantess
2011-06-10, 12:07 AM
I don't think their ire is reserved for you, nor that you are unique in yours. Airlines are nexuses (nexii?) of hate, both drawing it in and spewing it out in copious amounts.

golentan
2011-06-10, 12:11 AM
I know. It just seems like they viciously target my sleep schedule, with extreme prejudice. Even when I'm not flying, I can't escape. :smallsigh:

Dr. Bath
2011-06-10, 05:20 AM
Airports think my whole family are drug dealers.

Every time.

Fan
2011-06-10, 06:30 AM

Every time.

Ho crap it's a Doctor Bath.

Been awhile since I've seen you.

/On topic shift

Yes, Airlines hate everyone, and everything. Forever. For all eternity. It is never a pleasant experience to be in, around, tangentially involved, or remotely related to an airport.

Greensleeves
2011-06-10, 07:02 AM
Ho crap it's a Doctor Bath.

Been awhile since I've seen you.

/On topic shift

Yes, Airlines hate everyone, and everything. Forever. For all eternity. It is never a pleasant experience to be in, around, tangentially involved, or remotely related to an airport.

But, but, but... I like flying. :smallfrown:

On topic though, some airlines can be utter and total bullcrap. I've only really flown European airlines, but I can say that any low-fare European airline is probably out to make your flight as uncomfortable as they possibly can, while still keeping within the limits of the laws. Utterly convinced of it, I am.

Some of the larger, nicer airlines I've flown with though (British Airways, SAS, now defunct MyTravel, etc.) are quite nice though. Not very many delays, good service and decent departure times.

However, after having heard your story, I'm also now convinced that you are the target of some sort of airline conspiracy, filled with malice and hatred, designed to make your flights as horrible as possible. :smallwink:

Asta Kask
2011-06-10, 07:08 AM

Every time.

Are you?:smalltongue:

Keld Denar
2011-06-10, 10:45 AM
I find that drinking enhances my enjoyment of airports exponentially. Mmmmm, margaritas taste better when everyone around you is miserable.

Telonius
2011-06-10, 11:05 AM
But, but, but... I like flying. :smallfrown:

On topic though, some airlines can be utter and total bullcrap. I've only really flown European airlines, but I can say that any low-fare European airline is probably out to make your flight as uncomfortable as they possibly can, while still keeping within the limits of the laws. Utterly convinced of it, I am.

Some of the larger, nicer airlines I've flown with though (British Airways, SAS, now defunct MyTravel, etc.) are quite nice though. Not very many delays, good service and decent departure times.

However, after having heard your story, I'm also now convinced that you are the target of some sort of airline conspiracy, filled with malice and hatred, designed to make your flights as horrible as possible. :smallwink:

I love flying too. My problem is that my hate of airports and airlines far exceeds my love of flying.

The problem seems worse in the US. I've flown to and within Europe several times, and it always seemed less awful than my US flights. This isn't just post-September-11th, either - even before then, there was a remarkable difference between (say) a regular Northwest flight and a Northwest/KLM flight. (When I become Supreme Dictator, the Dutch will be put in charge of all air travel).