PDA

View Full Version : fire/object controler?

opticalshadow
2011-06-10, 11:44 AM
trying to think of some flavorful characters that would not soon be forgotten, i thought of a character that could control fire, and objects.

i know psions get access to both of these things but the spells (powers) seem incredibly limited in their scope of control, requireing from what i read, to be a fairly high level, to actually use either of these abilities in combat and be useful.

my goal isnt to make a mega powerful character (though it would be nice) but to make something memerable, and fun to play, but not useless in combat.

i read on a previous post abot an object controller psion, that it scales witht he character, but the only thing i found on that was new powers at higher levels, is there another way? and if so would it apply to the fire set aswell?

Zale
2011-06-10, 11:59 AM
The Animate Fire spell?

opticalshadow
2011-06-10, 12:34 PM
well i know the two power exsist i was asking if there was a way to farther augment them around the character(other spells or feats) im not a good splat book diver and dont know a whole lot on psions, the spell gives me the basic control over a small flame, but is that the end of the road for him? or are there spells or feats i can take to make it beefier.

what im trying to achive is a person who doesnt really attack on his own, rather uses flames and objects to attack for him, and buffing them. (almost like an animal companion focosed druid, but with fires and tables and such)

edit: also for the control object portion, i was told it scales with the character, but i dont see the scaling for it, and the spell doesnt seem any good beyond the first few levels, unless it can be buffed but even then.

Rejakor
2011-06-11, 11:48 PM
Control Flames scales decently well, but Control Object does not. I'd create a scaling version of Control Object if you wanted to use it.

It's not hard. I wrote an alternate version for my puppetmaster kineticist (made it a lot more like a PF summoner's eidolon).

opticalshadow
2011-06-12, 01:17 AM
Control Flames scales decently well, but Control Object does not. I'd create a scaling version of Control Object if you wanted to use it.

It's not hard. I wrote an alternate version for my puppetmaster kineticist (made it a lot more like a PF summoner's eidolon).

would thisparticualr build be even viable? by no means am i trying to be any more useful then lets say, a fighter, i just want something that will just make the party facepalm, and in awe that they are watching whats happenign.

are there any feats or spells out there that i could help imbune power into my controled objects or flames? or any tips on the build. as well, by any chance can i get a copy of your homebrewed version of the spell?

thx in adv

Rejakor
2011-06-12, 01:25 AM
I'll make one for you in a day or so if you have the patience.

kardar233
2011-06-12, 01:30 AM
There's always Pyrokineticist and Master of the Unseen Hand for fire and telekinesis respectively.

opticalshadow
2011-06-12, 01:31 AM
I'll make one for you in a day or so if you have the patience.

i dont have any games coming up anytime soon i need a character for, so im willing ti take all the time i need to get this working, i appreciate your help.

and to the other guy, im unfamilure with either of those, what are they?

kardar233
2011-06-12, 03:34 AM
Pyrokineticist is in XPH and the SRD. He's a nominally psionic class that mentally manipulates fire.

Master of the Unseen Hand is from CW, and focuses on doing all kinds of things with Telekinesis.