PDA

View Full Version : How do you make tables?

Dark Kerman
2011-06-10, 12:22 PM
Hi, could you tell me how you make tables for classes in homebrew? Thanks! :smallbiggrin:

tonberrian
2011-06-10, 01:12 PM
Very simple.

{table=head]This|is|how|you
make|a|table|for
use|in|homebrew|threads.[/table]

is

{table=head]This|is|how|you
make|a|table|for
use|in|homebrew|threads.[/table]

Basically, | ends a cell, and enter ends a line. The heading is optional, but most people prefer it. Just remove the "=head" to get rid of it.

Any more questions?

Zherog
2011-06-10, 03:12 PM
You can almost always quote a post to see how somebody formatted their code. Tables are definitely one instance where you can quote and see all the code. So simply find a post formatted as you like, press quote, and see how it was done.

Haruki-kun
2011-06-10, 03:15 PM
If you want to make it really complex and showy, here's another table guide. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10428798&postcount=6)

Dark Kerman
2011-06-10, 04:36 PM
Thank you kindly. :smallbiggrin: You assistance is greatly appreciated.

Zeta Kai
2011-06-11, 12:35 PM
The easiest way to make a table is to carve a wide, flat piece of wood. Then mount it on top of three or more pieces of long, skinny pieces of wood, preferably all of the same height (2 or 3 feet tall is ideal). If all goes well, you've got a table that you can show off to all of your friends! :smallbiggrin: Please don't hit me for my dumb joke.

Mercenary Pen
2011-06-11, 12:41 PM
The easiest way to make a table is to carve a wide, flat piece of wood. Then mount it on top of three or more pieces of long, skinny pieces of wood, preferably all of the same height (2 or 3 feet tall is ideal). If all goes well, you've got a table that you can show off to all of your friends! :smallbiggrin: Please don't hit me for my dumb joke.

For a more professional job, remember to measure the space that the table will be going into so that the table isn't too big, and pick a high quality wood so that a good finish is possible. Also, remember to cut on the far side of the line you mark, otherwise you'll end up cutting your wood too small for the job. Once finished, sand and polish the table smooth.

Talya
2011-06-11, 06:09 PM
My ... God.

I read the title twice, both times seeing "How do you make babies?" before I finally saw what you actually typed.

Serves me right for making an entire pitcher of mojito before going online.

Fawkes
2011-06-11, 06:25 PM
Tables, babies. Either way it's Rod A into Slot B.

Roland St. Jude
2011-06-11, 06:42 PM
My ... God.

I read the title twice, both times seeing "How do you make babies?" before I finally saw what you actually typed.

Serves me right for making an entire pitcher of mojito before going online.How to make babies? Step 1: Pitcher of mojitos.

Sheriff: Question answered. Thread locked.